NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

Not having the legendaries spoilt this time will be nice.

So they are releasing the X&Y soundtrack worldwide this time which is nice, also is it true there's going to be an artbook as well?

That would be catastrophic :(

I do agree that they should do that with Mythical Pokémon, but not standard ones.

All of last year, I got so fed up. Keldeo got revealed "I already have one. They should show new Pokémon". Meloetta got revealed "I already have one. They should show new Pokémon". Genesect got revealed "I already have one. They should show new Pokémon"

Now, they can skip that. The reveals will be huge! It wouldn't be done through DLC though, but with a mandatory and viral patch. You need to download it to go online, and if you connect to someone who doesn't have it, it'll spread

When I say "new Pokemon" I'm obviously talking about event/legendary Pokemon, not standard ones. That would just be stupid.

It would be like the 3 legendary dogs. You go to sleep and then overnight, they get added to your game via Spotpass and start roaming around the game world unannounced!

Not having the legendaries spoilt this time will be nice.

So they are releasing the X&Y soundtrack worldwide this time which is nice, also is it true there's going to be an artbook as well?

Yup! :)

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/366184336506118144/photo/1

BRTytsQCYAADPVv.jpg:large

When I say "new Pokemon" I'm obviously talking about event/legendary Pokemon, not standard ones. That would just be stupid.

It would be like the 3 legendary dogs. You go to sleep and then overnight, they get added to your game via Spotpass and start roaming around the game world unannounced!

Yup! :)

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/366184336506118144/photo/1

BRTytsQCYAADPVv.jpg:large

With Pokémon, it'd never go unannounced. Trust me

not everyone eat, sleeps and breathes Pokémon!... I'm sure for the vast majority of the world it could be a nice surprise.

not everyone eat, sleeps and breathes Pokémon!... I'm sure for the vast majority of the world it could be a nice surprise.

Now you're just being crazy :p

Theres love, just October is too far away and theres too many awesome games to get through between now and then!

They should do a mega Garados that can actually learn fly......

I'm loving the games I'm playing on my 3DS at the moment.

But by god, when this comes out, dear god am I in for another Pokémon adventure again :D

Where's all the love for these games :(

Well...

It's cool and all, but we don't all jump in joy at every titbit.

Pretty tempted by that GAME preorder bonus although I probably won't use it as a case, but Shopto is pretty reliable (and a bit cheaper) so bit unsure on if I should go with old reliable or free stuff.

Or go digital since this would be good to have available all the time.

@Serebii will that artbook include older artwork from the originals or will it be just new stuff from X&Y?

Digital for that reason, but I also like having the boxes for Pokemon games in general. They just always felt special to me.

I'm liking the information we've received so far, but apart of it just seems kind of.. bland I guess. The hype will inevitably kick in once release draws closer, but I somewhat hope they remain some what quiet compared to previous information dumps just to maintain some more surprise when playing the game.

I'm liking the information we've received so far, but apart of it just seems kind of.. bland I guess. The hype will inevitably kick in once release draws closer, but I somewhat hope they remain some what quiet compared to previous information dumps just to maintain some more surprise when playing the game.

What have you been smoking?????

I'm not sure if you're doing this ironically/jokingly/shoreditchingly but most people here aren't quite as into Pokémon as you so you can't expect everyone to be wetting themselves. What you may see as a ton of exciting new stuff others may think - "okay we've got a new location (le France!), its in in 3D, new Pokémon (obviously), some new Mega evolution thing [which to me, the details are still kind of fuzzy]". It's cool and a lot of people will buy it and enjoy it, but it's a trickle of info that if anyone is like me will think "okay, cool" and then not really appreciate it until you play it.

And save your time and don't say "but there's the new fairy type and new moves such as

• etc". I know this. Yeah it will be a nice part of the game as you play it but I can't imagine it excites most people. In fact most people are probably already pre-sold so they don't need the info to excite them :heh:

Pretty tempted by that GAME preorder bonus although I probably won't use it as a case, but Shopto is pretty reliable (and a bit cheaper) so bit unsure on if I should go with old reliable or free stuff.

@Serebii will that artbook include older artwork from the originals or will it be just new stuff from X&Y?

Well the title for it is XY, but you never know

I'd be pretty excited too if every tiny snippet of information released was generating crazy ad revenue on my super popular Pokemon website.

I'd be pretty excited too if every tiny snippet of information released was generating crazy ad revenue on my super popular Pokemon website.

Hahahaha I wish.

I have morals though which is why there are minimal ads on my site

Oh come on, we're 2 months just before release and all we got was Mega Evolutions and a new gym leader as the new information. It's not exactly hype worthy stuff, considering mega evolution just seems to indicate further stagnation in the series.

I'd rather it have just been Mewtwo being somewhat relevant to the plot of X and Y, getting a new form (heck, we're still yet to see the second new form). In the long run, I'm going to like how they treated information dumps compared to the old full, multiple page spreads of information. But the trade off is that there's less info to be hyped about.

I like Pokemon as much as the next Pokemon fanboy, I went to the god damn Pokemon Center multiple times each week all the way until my year in Japan ended, but there's just not that much to be hyped about.

You can only really reskin the same game so many times before it stops seeming new. I'm pretty damn excited about X and Y, dem new graphics, but there's no denying it's still a Pokemon game with catching, battling, gyms, an evil team to fend off etc. It's like Christmas with the family, a safe thing to be excited about but you pretty much know what to expect.

No one other than little pokemon fanboys are going to get excited over EVERY bit of information. I understand that you're going to say 'oh but it's a different game this time', but it's the same premise as ever, whether they put it into 3D or added these digimon evolutions.

Don't get me wrong as I will be getting this on launch day but it's hard to get excited this early about collecting badges and the Elite 4 again lol.

A beautifully animated, story driven Pokémon RPG on the Wii U (like Ni No Kuni) on the other hand! ;)

You can only really reskin the same game so many times before it stops seeming new. I'm pretty damn excited about X and Y, dem new graphics, but there's no denying it's still a Pokemon game with catching, battling, gyms, an evil team to fend off etc. It's like Christmas with the family, a safe thing to be excited about but you pretty much know what to expect.

Can we swap Christmases...?

Oh come on, we're 2 months just before release and all we got was Mega Evolutions and a new gym leader as the new information. It's not exactly hype worthy stuff, considering mega evolution just seems to indicate further stagnation in the series.

I'd rather it have just been Mewtwo being somewhat relevant to the plot of X and Y, getting a new form (heck, we're still yet to see the second new form). In the long run, I'm going to like how they treated information dumps compared to the old full, multiple page spreads of information. But the trade off is that there's less info to be hyped about.

I like Pokemon as much as the next Pokemon fanboy, I went to the god damn Pokemon Center multiple times each week all the way until my year in Japan ended, but there's just not that much to be hyped about.

How does Mega Evolution indicate stagnation. If anything, it'd indicate otherwise.

This is also the same thing they did with Black & White's release. They kept much secret. We'll get more plot/game details next month, but the focus of CoroCoro has ALWAYS been new Pokémon.

A beautifully animated, story driven Pokémon RPG on the Wii U (like Ni No Kuni) on the other hand! ;)

The large reason of why Pokémon is so popular is the social aspect. The ability to take it with you to battle and trade among many of the other features. This is a core thing as to why Pokémon is popular. Yes, it has online now, but the social aspect is key. The games are developed to be on handhelds, as such, putting them on a home console would lose these core features and would gut the game, with nothing possible on a home console that isn't on a handheld. This is why GameFreak, the developers and people who decide how Pokémon proceeds, have stated that the main series games will forever be on handheld devices.

Basically, it won't work

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

The large reason of why Pokémon is so popular is the social aspect. The ability to take it with you to battle and trade among many of the other features. This is a core thing as to why Pokémon is popular. Yes, it has online now, but the social aspect is key. The games are developed to be on handhelds, as such, putting them on a home console would lose these core features and would gut the game, with nothing possible on a home console that isn't on a handheld. This is why GameFreak, the developers and people who decide how Pokémon proceeds, have stated that the main series games will forever be on handheld devices.
Handhelds for the traditional Pokémon experience... Home Console for story driven/Pokémon movie like RPG adventure... with some form of trading pokemon/items online if necessary but not essential. Or have it so you download Pokémon on to your 3DS as another feature.

They could also outsource these games to Level-5 or another developer.