NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon X & Y

That's probably the best GIF I've ever seen.

Nostalgia just called, it told me to head over to YouTube.

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE GREATEST GIF ANYONE HAS EVER MADE. FUCK. INCREDIBLE.

Nostalgia just called, it told me to head over to YouTube.

Although I like the look of some of those Mega Evolutions, I can't get my head around the concept. Only a few have it and it's temporary.. Why?

Although I like the look of some of those Mega Evolutions, I can't get my head around the concept. Only a few have it and it's temporary.. Why?

Basically, they're evolutions for the Pokémon, but because that gives them extra power, it's completely temporary and optional

The reason is merchandise. And more Pokemon to showcase in the movies.

Didn't see anything about the new training/mini games for stats here?

This new mega thing seems great, though I feel like this may be "cheat easy" mode for new players to basically trounce anything no matter type.

I'd like the E4 battles to be, "I got you bastard...FUCK HE'S GOING MEGA!!" I want Gym/E4 battles so hard and legendary that it actually matters which Pokemon I have for a change. (Please be a hard mode open from the get-go where Gym leaders actually have 6 Pokemon. they're meant to be the best of the best, for God's sake...) I'd also like Pokemon Masters (of each type) to hunt down and fight with after the E4.

Serebii, can you actually confirm how long they've been working on this game? Maybe an expanded development team or something? I'm just worried they've cut corners somewhere, like much less new Pokemon,or that huge map is illusionary and is actually a pretty small game area. I mean, they already had over 600 Pokemon/zillion moves to redo and animate. I can only imagine the time cost with just that<.

That gif is sexy. I'd love to make an "updated" one but I dunno how to make gif thingies.

EDIT: I hacve taught myself the way. Now it's just a matter of can I be bothered to redo all 105ish frames.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

This new mega thing seems great, though I feel like this may be "cheat easy" mode for new players to basically trounce anything no matter type.

I'd like the E4 battles to be, "I got you bastard...FUCK HE'S GOING MEGA!!" I want Gym/E4 battles so hard and legendary that it actually matters which Pokemon I have for a change. (Please be a hard mode open from the get-go where Gym leaders actually have 6 Pokemon. they're meant to be the best of the best, for God's sake...) I'd also like Pokemon Masters (of each type) to hunt down and fight with after the E4.

Serebii, can you actually confirm how long they've been working on this game? Maybe an expanded development team or something? I'm just worried they've cut corners somewhere, like much less new Pokemon,or that huge map is illusionary and is actually a pretty small game area. I mean, they already had over 600 Pokemon/zillion moves to redo and animate. I can only imagine the time cost with just that<.

They have been working on the game since 2010

Models for the first 649 Pokémon, and all their forms, already existed in Pokédex 3D Pro, too, so it wasn't too much extra work

Black and white 2 had a hard mode but it wasn't an option you could activate from the beginning. It was awesome though.

What's the mouse Pokémon that looks like a pre-evolved Raichu that isn't a Pikachu?

(yes I've only played Pokémon Red :p)

What's the mouse Pokémon that looks like a pre-evolved Raichu that isn't a Pikachu?

(yes I've only played Pokémon Red :p)

There's a tradition that there is always an Electric-type rodent which looks similar to Pikachu introduced in each generation

Generation 1 - Pikachu: Electric-type

25.png

Generation 2 - Pichu: Electric-type (actually related to Pikachu)

172.png

Generation 3 - Plusle/Minun: Electric-type

311.png312.png

Generation 4 - Pachirisu: Electric-type

417.png

Generation 5 - Emolga: Electric/Flying-type

587.png

Generation 6 - Dedenne: Electric/Fairy-type

dedenne.png

Each runs different sets with different abilities and have varying stats, so they aren't the same :)

Edited by Serebii

So the new one has antennas for cheeks and ears, and an plug wire for a a tail. Hmmm...

I always thought Pachirisu was ICE until I actually caught one in the game it was introduced in. It feels like they designed an ICE Pokemon and then just said "sod it" and made it ELECTRIC at the last minute.

That is bloody awesome! :o What a great idea! :D

Double attacks sound completely broken! (Kangaskhan to become Uber?)

Actually, I get the feeling that the game will probably have it's own seperate Mega Cup rule set, so I guess that tiering will probably be redundant for Mega Pokemon anyway...

Edited by Dcubed

That is bloody awesome! :o What a great idea! :D

Double attacks sound completely broken! (Kangaskhan to become Uber?)

Actually, I get the feeling that the game will probably have it's own seperate Mega Cup rule set, so I guess that tiering will probably be redundant for Mega Pokemon anyway...

Double attacks are a misinterpretation going around.

Think like the move Double Hit, Double-slap etc. The move will hit twice, but as it'll need to hold the Kangaskhanite, it won't have anything like Choice items attached.

You also can only have one Mega Evolution on your team

Double attacks are a misinterpretation going around.

Think like the move Double Hit, Double-slap etc. The move will hit twice, but as it'll need to hold the Kangaskhanite, it won't have anything like Choice items attached.

You also can only have one Mega Evolution on your team

Ahhh, only one Mega Evo...

So even Game Freak admit that Mega Pokemon are broken by limiting them to one per team :p

I hope they still have a separate Mega Pokemon tournament, where you can have a full team of 6 megas! :D

I can see Thief being a popular move.

That may not work. It'll probably be like Giratina's Griseous Orb in that the item cannot be removed

That may not work. It'll probably be like Giratina's Griseous Orb in that the item cannot be removed

If it was removable, that could make for some interesting strategies in mid battle.

I hope that they don't make it irremovable!

My concern is them possibly not giving us over 100 new Pokémon in favour of giving say 60 new ones and a buttload of Mega Evolutions

With DLC they could just drip feed new Mega forms and event Pokemon/items over time. Or they could just stick to their old ways and 'hide' everything on the cartridge for hackers to spoil on day 1.

With DLC they could just drip feed new Mega forms and event Pokemon/items over time. Or they could just stick to their old ways and 'hide' everything on the cartridge for hackers to spoil on day 1.

It wont be DLC, but I agree about events.

Though hackers won't be able to get into the game day one. Nobody has broken encryption yet

It wont be DLC, but I agree about events.

Though hackers won't be able to get into the game day one. Nobody has broken encryption yet

Doing those things as proper (free) DLC makes perfect sense. It frees up cartridge space (more cartridge capacity = more expensive to manufacture), shortens development time for the base game and completely removes any chance of hackers ruining the event content in the case that (god forbid) the 3DS ends up getting hacked proper.

Plus it means that they could add any number of items/events/Pokemon that they want, over time, instead of being limited to what's on the cartridge on day 1.

Imagine. You go to sleep one night, then the next day, suddenly (thanks to Spotpass) there's an outbreak of a group of all new Pokemon roaming the countryside! :D

Doing those things as proper (free) DLC makes perfect sense. It frees up cartridge space (more cartridge capacity = more expensive to manufacture), shortens development time for the base game and completely removes any chance of hackers ruining the event content in the case that (god forbid) the 3DS ends up getting hacked proper.

Plus it means that they could add any number of items/events/Pokemon that they want, over time, instead of being limited to what's on the cartridge on day 1.

Imagine. You go to sleep one night, then the next day, suddenly (thanks to Spotpass) there's an outbreak of a group of all new Pokemon roaming the countryside! :D

That would be catastrophic :(

I do agree that they should do that with Mythical Pokémon, but not standard ones.

All of last year, I got so fed up. Keldeo got revealed "I already have one. They should show new Pokémon". Meloetta got revealed "I already have one. They should show new Pokémon". Genesect got revealed "I already have one. They should show new Pokémon"

Now, they can skip that. The reveals will be huge! It wouldn't be done through DLC though, but with a mandatory and viral patch. You need to download it to go online, and if you connect to someone who doesn't have it, it'll spread

Edited by Serebii