N-Europe

Ocarina of Time

Sarka

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've just done the three heart challange! I'm slightly proud of myself, though it wasn't too hard...

You should all try it, it's much more enjoyable when one hit from an ironknuckle knocks you out :P

Every boss = Z+A R+B R+B R+B R+B and they're dead.

oh and as for the Spirit and Shadow temples, you can do those two in any order, but i think technically the Spirit temple was meant to be first cuz after you beat the Water temple Navi's hint has something to do with going to the desert.

I really don't think so. It's always been Shadow temple first, in guides, walkthroughs and even the Ocarina tunes on the Status screen are 'Nocturne of Shadow' then 'Requiem of Spirit.

Plus you need the Lens of Truth to get to the Spirit temple.

ooooh just reading through this thread, is making me want to go back to it so much, but playing through Majora's Mask so will have to wait, OOT must be the game I've completed the most times, must be atleast 5/6.

We even have it on the VC now:smile:.

But the one i really want to play now is Majora's Mask. I've finished OOT 7 times. I win, hehe.:grin:

I know there's people here that finished it more than 10 times.

• 4 months later...

Bumpage...

Just finished Ocarina on the VC and I loved every second of it, especially after the Water Temple because every other time I've tried to replay it I stopped at that point, so it felt really fresh past that!

The Spirit Temple was probably my favourite, the whole Young/Adult Link thing was good and I loved the Iron Knuckles and Twinrova is possibly the best boss in the game (apart from Ganondorf that is)!

Speaking of Ganondorf, I really don't remember that final battle being so simple, especialy the Ganon part, just shoot him with a light arrow, slash his tail, rinse and repeat. Not once did he hit more or block one of my arrows!

Also, to add to the which came first, Shadow or Spirit Temple debate that was going on a few months back (sorry to be tardy to the party :heh:) I've always done the Shadow Temple first but I don't think the game itself really knows which order they're meant to be done in. After the water Temple Navi tells you to go to Kakariko, but the map screen has a flashing dot in the desert. Also the Spirit Temple medallion comes before the Shadow one on the status screen and the Requiem of Spirit is before the Nocturne of Shadow (despite what motion2000 said earlier), I even took a few piccies to prove it...

ocarina1xd7.gif

ocarina2th6.gif

Like I said, I always do the Shadow Temple first but I don't think there's a definitive route, after all you can do the Fire Temple before the Forest and in this play through I did the Ice Cavern before I did the Forest Temple!

Anyways, to sum up, Fuckin' A game!

Whoa! Just noticed this thread. Since I absolutely loved Ocarina of Time I couldn't resist posting.

Great game for it's time (still is). The only flaw I can think of is the loooong dialogues when replayng it (Deku Tree and Zelda talk too much :heh: )

I nearly completed the game 100%. The only things missing were the Golden Scale, the Sinking Lure, the Heart piece at the fishing pond and the Heart piece at the scientist's lab in Lake Hylia, since you needed the golden scale (you can tell I never liked the fishing game). The only reason I won't bother completing it is because I REALLY hate the fishing game.

Anyway, I loved the game from top to bottom (minus the points already mentioned). The dungeons were fun and creative. The side-quests were varied and compelling (the Skulltula noise still makes me stop and look around me. Even if I hear anything similar in real life.).

The first two dungeons are nothing special, but I thought that Jabu-Jabu's belly was very creative. I also thought that the Forest Temple was the most frustrating of the temples. The hard part in the Water temple was finding all the keys to Dark Link ("I finally found a key! I can open the door! Oh wait, there's yet another locked door!"). Also, I believe that you can pass the Shadow and Spirit temple in any order you like, but Navi pushes you to go to Shadow temple first.

The Master Quest version is also nice. It has been a while and I only went through that one once. Still, I remember there were powerful enemies in Deku Tree, Cows inside Jabu-Jabu (that were part of the puzzles as well) and the Water Temple had switches inside the scenery (gotta thank Navi for pointing that out for me).

The story and atmosphere are very absorving as well. I loved the feeling of seeing the desolated market with ReDeads. My personal "most surprising plot-twist ever" award goes to the Zelda/Sheik revelation. The part of freezing for seven years is also good.

Oh, and the music! One of the greatest soundtracks of all time (Gerudo Valley, Bolero of Fire, Saria's Song, Song of Time, Song of Storms, etc.).

This post got me wanting to play master Quest again. I gotta do that when I have the time.

i've been working on my first play through for at least 3.5 years as i only really play it when i have nothing else to play, actually i stopped playing it just before wii launch. i've finished every temple except the spirit and shadow and i'm halfway through both.

i've heard a great challenge in oot is skipping the hook-shot and just getting the longshot

and also doing the gerudeo fortress before getting either. (apparently you get thrown out of the camp entirely instead of getting thrown in the cell)