NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Don't forget Zür on the weekend!! All that Strange Coin.

How many strange coins does it cost per piece?

I may finally setup remote play on my Vita tonight. Gonna have a crack at playing this on the little handheld while I'm only lunch break. :D

So what can you actually spend Motes of Light on?

The Speaker - who sells aesthetic useless crap. And you can buy Exotic Engrams from Zur?

The latter is probably the most useful thing you can do.

Costs 23 Motes of Light, though (at least last week).

Strange Coins should also be spent on Exotic stuff from Zur.

I may finally setup remote play on my Vita tonight. Gonna have a crack at playing this on the little handheld while I'm only lunch break. :D

13 coins for an exotic armour piece, 23 for an exotic weapon.

Dat armour. Hope there's something for me there.

Any L23/24 fancy helping me do heroic weekly strike later for 3 coins? Earth last week was so much easier than the moon.

What these two said.

Do you definitely get an Exotic or is it like a normal engram where it could be anything?

I'll probably end up with something for the other two classes. :|

Any L23/24 fancy helping me do heroic weekly strike later for 3 coins? Earth last week was so much easier than the moon.

I'm up for having another crack at it. It butchered us last night though. It's the onslaught of wizards that do the damage.

Aye strange coin for exotic armour and weapons. Also motes of light to buy an exotic engram from him too. Faction gear is basically looking like the way to go now, I've got enough marks to afford 2 pieces (still need to be the right rank though, will take ages...).

Last night I got my first legendary piece (from a blue), a helmet for a warlock. Lawl. Not a hunter drop, but at least something.

Meanwhile, @Zell deciphered his first legendary engram and got the legendary sniper rifle.

Not jealous at all.

Not sure what all the fuss is about! One legendary engram, one legendary weapon. 100% success rate! :yay:

We had a good session last night. S.C.G, Sheikah and I attempted the Heroic Strike, but got our arses handed to us. It became very apparent that we were severely underleveled, myself in particular. I kept getting killed in one hit by the Wizards and the Knights with the swords. We'l try again at the end of the week when we've all leveled up a bit.

Finished the night with some good Crucible matches. I think my favourite is the 3 on 3 skirmish playlist, seems to be the only playlist where you can properly co-ordinate a team strategy. Unfortunately I had my first disconnection during one of the Control matches and had to call it a night then and there.

I'll be on tonight again for more fun and games.

Do you definitely get an Exotic or is it like a normal engram where it could be anything?

I'll probably end up with something for the other two classes. :|

No you don't, but the chance is probably pretty good. I've heard that you can get rare materials for upgrading legendaries/exotics, too.

I'm going to hold you to that. :P

I'm up for having another crack at it. It butchered us last night though. It's the onslaught of wizards that do the damage.

Yeah, that last bit is brutal. Level 22 Strike? Yeah, whatever, I'm level 24, my Fireteam lvl 25 and 23 - that last room is a slaughter.

What does it mean when there is an event thing on the left hand side of the map. There seems to be four slots but the only one available to me is a PvP multiplayer option. Its no different from the normal PvP multiplayer...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

What does it mean when there is an event thing on the left hand side of the map. There seems to be four slots but the only one available to me is a PvP multiplayer option. Its no different from the normal PvP multiplayer...

I'm not sure, but I think it's the PvP mode with all the item stats enabled.

They're timed events with different rewards, and the weekly raids don't have Matchmaking.

I should be on in 20 mins or so. @Hero\-of\-Time @lostmario @drahkon, anyone up for some heroic weekly strike down on the moon?

Will probably be on as soon as the Champions League match is over.

If my mate isn't online, I'll definitely join you : peace:

Cool, well if anyone wants to clan up at 9PM (after bake off) then feel free to join me.

It feels so presumptuous to ask strangers to join your fire team, so I just played most of the campaign on my own. Sometimes I'd run into people who were around my level and appeared to be playing the same mission as me, and I'd be, like, "yay, friends", but then we'd go through a door and they'd dissipate into thin air for no apparent reason.

I can see how you'd get more out of the game if you were into all the multiplayer stuff, but as someone who was just playing this for the campaign, I was very underwhelmed. I guess I was expecting this game to have varied missions? Or at least a story to speak of. Joke's on me, I suppose.

But I can't complain too much since I was buying a PS4 anyway, so Destiny essentially cost me £1.5. :p

Cool, well if anyone wants to clan up at 9PM (after bake off) then feel free to join me.

Sorry, was watching Bake Off, too. And then didn't check the thread.

I got an exotic bounty. First step was complete five strikes without dying - DONE. Next was get a 25 K/D spread in the Crucible - DONE (in three matches). Last is complete the weekly event... BALLS. That last room is so fucking hard.

I got an exotic bounty. First step was complete five strikes without dying - DONE. Next was get a 25 K/D spread in the Crucible - DONE (in three matches). Last is complete the weekly event... BALLS. That last room is so fucking hard.

Got the same. My mate and I did the weekly Strike. It was tough, very tough, but we made it. It felt so fucking satisfying. Especially since it was only us two. : peace:

This is what makes Destiny great. :D

After that weekly challenge, it isn't over, though...nothing really difficult but time consuming (it will be for me, at least). :p

Sorry @Sheikah but my mate and I were owning the Crucible and some Strikes.

I really need to do stuff with you guys, soon. :laughing:

Oh lord.

Just found out the first group to complete the vault of glass were this seriously pro clan, yet it took them 10 hours and their team had 1605 deaths.

Sorry @Sheikah but my mate and I were owning the Crucible and some Strikes.

I really need to do stuff with you guys, soon. :laughing:

It's fine. We will just shun you when it comes to getting a team together for some raids. :heh:

Oh lord.

Just found out the first group to complete the vault of glass were this seriously pro clan, yet it took them 10 hours and their team had 1605 deaths.

Yup. The trophy for doing a raid without anyone on your team dying seems like an impossible task at this point. Absolutely crazy.

Shame about us not getting the weekly mission done. We were so close as well. A big problem is that the spawns are random, so its hard to prepare for what comes when. It's just them wizards, man. Them freaking wizards!

Needless to say I got sod all in terms of drops last night. I've just accepted the fact that i'm just gonna have to buy my legendary armour. Screw you, Bungie and your shoddy drop/conversation rates. :mad:

Had a little session on this last night trying out a different grind spot to see if that would yield any more blue, purple or better engrams for gear and while I managed to get a few blues, it's just greens that keep dropping. I've seen people posting images elsewhere of their successes in some of these grind areas resetting spawns and what not and honestly don't understand how they're managing to get so many blues and purples, even a couple of exotics, when all I seem to be getting are ammo drops and greens with the occasional blue :mad:

It's made worse by the fact that I've got blue gear in all but my Helmet slot (although most of it needs changed as I don't need Discipline points but rather Strength given I'm a Striker Titan build, so the equivalent of tank, and Strength seems more applicable to my character) and every helmet that's dropped from enemies is a green and worse than what I've got! Actually already sick of the crappy drop system. Need that blue helmet to push me up to level 22 as I'm so close!

Gonna put in some more time tonight, finish a few bounties and possibly finish up the story and hope I get something for my troubles and then tomorrow afternoon grinding out the extra currencies needed for legendaries/exotics.

It feels so presumptuous to ask strangers to join your fire team, so I just played most of the campaign on my own. Sometimes I'd run into people who were around my level and appeared to be playing the same mission as me, and I'd be, like, "yay, friends", but then we'd go through a door and they'd dissipate into thin air for no apparent reason.

I think people disappear when you enter a no revive zone, so no more than three of you end up taking on one boss, it is a bit poo though. I just invite them to my fire team if they look like they are doing the same mission.

Had a little session on this last night trying out a different grind spot to see if that would yield any more blue, purple or better engrams for gear and while I managed to get a few blues, it's just greens that keep dropping. I've seen people posting images elsewhere of their successes in some of these grind areas resetting spawns and what not and honestly don't understand how they're managing to get so many blues and purples, even a couple of exotics, when all I seem to be getting are ammo drops and greens with the occasional blue :mad:

I feel ya, buddy.

All the vids i've watched have had people claiming this is the best spot from drops but at the end of the day it's all random. Sure, the more mobs you kill the better but it just depends if the RNG is feeling generous.

It's crazy just how much good luck is need though. Firstly you need to get a blue or purple drop, then you need to hope it actually turns into a rare/legendary, THEN you need to hope it's actually for the class you are using. It's nuts.

Who's a Warlock? i've just hit lvl 15 (how do you guys level so fast?) and i'm not sure about Sunslinger VS my Voidwalker

Looking over the stats/abilities they all seem the same, only real difference seems to be the energy draining vs pyro abilities for melee attacks

What are people's thoughts experiences with sunslinger?