NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Apart from the class thing (you should be able to trade one item a month, I reckon), I quite like the rarity. I've nabbed one Legendary weapon, got an Exotic Bounty 50% done! got plenty of Strange Coins and Light Motes for Zûr. I think I'll be pretty well kitted out in a week or two.

I got two purple engrams this morning from the cave farming place in Russia. You know, neither of them decrypted to anything worthwhile, but they all contribute so much to levelling up the Cryptarch that I'm not too bothered. I did get 3 Strange Coin from one, though. I'll take that.

HoT, you do seem especially unlucky, though. :\

Who's a Warlock? i've just hit lvl 15 (how do you guys level so fast?) and i'm not sure about Sunslinger VS my Voidwalker

Looking over the stats/abilities they all seem the same, only real difference seems to be the energy draining vs pyro abilities for melee attacks

What are people's thoughts experiences with sunslinger?

The way I reckon, Sunslinger is a team class. If you're going to be doing a lot of hard Strikes and Raids, that's what you want.

Void Walker is more aggressive. It requires less teamwork and is what I go with most the time because most of this game isn't too hard.

I think it's the same with the Titan. Main class is relatively solo, sub-class, Defender, is all about the team.

Personally, I've maxed out my Void Walker and now I'm working on the Sunslinger sub-class.

@Daft that spot is great, isn't it?

I spent a bit of time yesterday doing it and it goes much smoother if others are there helping. The only issue I had was that people who were in the area doing a quest kept stopping the respawning by going around the cave.

I'm playing a Warlock class, which i'm very much enjoying. Reached Level 16 last night after doing many Crucible matches and a few Patrol missions, clearing a few bounties. Did one of them weekly Crucible 3v3 matches, which playing with 2 randoms isn't good. I can see why playing with friends on this mode is beneficial, as the opposition was in formation and taking us all out.

Had a few randoms send me messages of praise for being a good team player from some of the matches i had, helping them out with reviving them and taking out some of the opposition whom they were struggling against. And i had a few messages from helping out in a public match (i was the highest leveled player doing it)

The cave in the Skywatch in Old Russia is the one I've tried the most. It's great as it's where I've got the most blues but as you say, @Hero\-of\-Time, if someone runs over the top area it just resets the spawning and I even had a level 12 camp out behind me and start taking kills and then run in when I started shooting to reset everything :mad:

The one on Venus, in the Ishtar Commons, is ok but seems the busiest place out of them all and can just be too chaotic for anything to drop (particularly when the Fallen and Vex march on each other then it's just unmanageable I've found) unless you're hitting precision kills. Had a few blues here as well but they've more or less all been greens when they were decrypted.

Other than those two, the only other one I've tried was doing The Dark Beyond mission on the Moon on a lower level and doing the die-respawn/reload at the bit where the gate opens but that gave sod all apart from greens.

Really does come down to luck, which is fair enough but as the gear/drops scale with your level surely it should recognise that greens aren't useful if you've got all blues, purples, etc. and drop better than that.

But yeah, hopefully tonight will yield something better when I'm on (probably stick with the cave in Old Russia or if I can be bothered keep doing the gate) and I can finally get that Blue helmet, or better, quickly.

@Daft that spot is great, isn't it?

I spent a bit of time yesterday doing it and it goes much smoother if others are there helping. The only issue I had was that people who were in the area doing a quest kept stopping the respawning by going around the cave.

Yeah, it's got to be the best spot to farm.

I've handed in so many purple engrams and the only Legendary thing I got was a useless Future War faction armband. You can by those easily!! :indeed:

I have got 19 Strange Coins now, though.

Anyone going to be around this afternoon for the Weekly Strike? I massively need help with that.

I tried the weekly strike yesterday, I'm L24, Hero is L24 and SCG was L22. The boss room is really hard when the wizards spawn when the boss is under half health. Might be doable with full team of L24s but in the end we quit after maybe 8 deaths on the boss room.

Hopefully we'll get some exotic/legendary shiz tomorrow, then I'll see if I'm more effective and able to help. :p

[tweet]511782633131753472[/tweet]

[tweet]512135824792891392[/tweet]

[tweet]511822020942630912[/tweet]

Edited by Sheikah

That weekly strike isn't too difficult. There is a spot where the big guy can't hit you. Just when you enter that big area go to the far left side. There's a rock you can hide behind.

The abomination won't be able to attack you when you crouch behind it. If you take out all the enemies before setting him free you will only have to watch out for the 4 Wizards that spawn when Phogoth is close to die (the enemies spawning before aren't such a big deal).

Reached level 27. Hoping that Xur has a nice Exotic armor for my Titan tomorrow : peace:

That weekly strike isn't too difficult. There is a spot where the big guy can't hit you. Just when you enter that big area go to the far left side. There's a rock you can hide behind.

The abomination won't be able to attack you when you crouch behind it. If you take out all the enemies before setting him free you will only have to watch out for the 4 Wizards that spawn when Phogoth is close to die (the enemies spawning before aren't such a big deal).

Reached level 27. Hoping that Xur has a nice Exotic armor for my Titan tomorrow : peace:

Yeah, but we are just lowly level 24s. Also, the spawning of the wizards was random for us. One time they were at the end, another time we they attacked mid way. It was hard to get a decent strategy.

The rank needed to do the weekly strike isn't a fair representation of the actual difficulty IMO.

Yeah, but we are just lowly level 24s. Also, the spawning of the wizards was random for us. One time they were at the end, another time we they attacked mid way. It was hard to get a decent strategy.

The rank needed to do the weekly strike isn't a fair representation of the actual difficulty IMO.

Yup, the difference a couple of levels grants is huge. Also SCG was 22 (or 21?) at the time.

Same goes with the other way (if you're lower level than the enemy). Someone did a comprehensive YT video about this - if you're just one level below your enemy, your output is reduced by like 30% (without taking into account the extra stats you would have from being a level higher either). Get to two levels lower and it's like 40-50% lower. I imagine the damage you deal/take if you're levels higher scales similarly too, but in a positive way. I suspect some of the enemies on that strike aren't really L22 as if you select a L22 Vanguard mission, the difference is astronomical.

Edited by Sheikah

Adapt and conquer, Guardian. :p

I could help you sometime today (@Daft, too), don't have my headset, though, as a friend borrowed it for tonight.

(Edit: you haven't been talking about the level 28 Nightfall Strike, have you?)

Adapt and conquer, Guardian. :p

I could help you sometime today (@Daft, too), don't have my headset, though, as a friend borrowed it for tonight.

(Edit: you haven't been talking about the level 28 Nightfall Strike, have you?)

Nah. Just the weekly strike mission that's apparently for level 22s.

Nah. Just the weekly strike mission that's apparently for level 22s.

Good, just invite me when you see me online (if you want to give it another go). But don't bother with inviting me to a party chat as I don't have my headset :p

Edit: @Daft, well that could've worked out a bit better :D Didn't place my Ward of Dawn perfectly in the first few attempts -.-

Oh and that Legendary Engram I found in the first 20 seconds...turned out to be this:

2QDGpyr.jpg

3HXcGu6.jpg

And sorry I left so quickly, one of my roommates came back from vacation.

Edited by drahkon

Did the daily mission yesterday with my brother. He decided it would be a good idea to do it at Level 28.

Its alright for him, he's Level 27. I was getting one shotted repeatedly. We did it eventually.

Still level 25, hoping to pick up some armour tomorrow in exchange for coins then use my vanguard points to purchase the other piece of armour I need.

Should be Level 26 halfway to 27 tomorrow, fingers crossed.

@Sheikah great strike. Didn't even know about that weird spawn placement of Wizards. : peace:

And the key to the final fight seems to be: Enter the room, stay on the left side and DO NOT SHOOT the enemies on the opposite end of the area. Just shoot that motherfucker down :D

You lot need to reach level 26. I want to do the Raid :p

@lostmario is level 26/almost 27, his mate? I am, too.

Three more. Gogogo :D

Edited by drahkon

I know it's a completely different game and all, but I've also been playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii (currently on Corruption) in between rounds of this game and I've got to say that the game design, mission structure and level geometry and interactivity of a 12 year old game is light years ahead of anything I've seen in this.

I'm in the middle of doing a "go here, shoot that, deploy ghost, defend position" mission, and all I can think of is going back to Metroid.

I am enjoying playing this with friends (got no desire to go on it alone) but the boring missions, and dead worlds (yes, I know they're pretty but nothing entices me to explore) are just dull. I can see loads to enjoy here, but only if you're a fan of grinding the same stuff over and over.

I know it's a completely different game and all, but I've also been playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii (currently on Corruption) in between rounds of this game and I've got to say that the game design, mission structure and level geometry and interactivity of a 12 year old game is light years ahead of anything I've seen in this.

I'm in the middle of doing a "go here, shoot that, deploy ghost, defend position" mission, and all I can think of is going back to Metroid.

I am enjoying playing this with friends (got no desire to go on it alone) but the boring missions, and dead worlds (yes, I know they're pretty but nothing entices me to explore) are just dull. I can see loads to enjoy here, but only if you're a fan of grinding the same stuff over and over.

I'm confused. Why are you comparing The Metroid Prime Trilogy to Destiny? They're not even in the same genre. They're nothing alike except for having a first person viewpoint.

I am enjoying playing this with friends (got no desire to go on it alone) but the boring missions, and dead worlds (yes, I know they're pretty but nothing entices me to explore) are just dull.

Each to their own.

Me personally...I had/am having such a blast with this game. Spent almost 60 hours with it already and I still don't get bored with doing the Strikes/PvP/Bounties/Patrol Missions over and over again.

Today is the perfect example. Did the Moon strike with my mate, then with @Daft and just now with @Sheikah and it was completely different every time.

It wasn't even about grinding the area. It was about overcoming the challenge and doing so was satisfying.

You say the "dead worlds are just dull", I find them to be very lively with enemies running around and the beautiful art. What makes them really "alive" though is you, the player. And your fireteam. Everything you do is what makes this game awesome.

I get a lot of the criticism and find certain things really annoying, but as far as I'm concerned: 60€ well spent.

And Destiny has just begun. I - we at NE - have yet to do the raid and in December we'll get our first content addon. Cannot fucking wait :D

Edit:

[tweet]512391521815908352[/tweet]

Edit²:

Hilarious :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

I'm confused. Why are you comparing The Metroid Prime Trilogy to Destiny? They're not even in the same genre. They're nothing alike except for having a first person viewpoint.

I know it's a completely different game and all, but I've also been playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii

Like I said, I already know that. As for your question of why am I comparing them, it's purely for the coincidental reason that I'm currently playing them both and I'm having much more fun and am much more immersed in the world of a game from two generations ago than I am in this one. Not because I think they are similar kinds of games. I would feel the same if I was currently playing GTA or Zelda.

A game like this needs a world which is begging to be explored and do things that are not really part of the game. Remember how much fun it was to shoot the lights in Goldeneye and see the room go darker? How great it was to piss about in GTA IV's free mode with a few friends? This has nothing like that - there should be impromptu sparrow races, or challenging each other to duels a la Borderlands. I found a skeleton yesterday and thought it would be fun to shoot it to see it shatter. It did nothing other than put a scorch mark on it.

:zzz:

Good, just invite me when you see me online (if you want to give it another go). But don't bother with inviting me to a party chat as I don't have my headset :p

Edit: @Daft, well that could've worked out a bit better :D Didn't place my Ward of Dawn perfectly in the first few attempts -.-

Oh and that Legendary Engram I found in the first 20 seconds...turned out to be this:

2QDGpyr.jpg

3HXcGu6.jpg

And sorry I left so quickly, one of my roommates came back from vacation.

Ha! Saw you get that and was excited for you!

I got the Exotic Shotgun after doing that. Also realised I was a lvl 2 Vanguard so I now have a Legendary Vanguard helmet, too.

Exciting. Not sure what to do next, though.

I got the Exotic Shotgun after doing that. Also realised I was a lvl 2 Vanguard so I now have a Legendary Vanguard helmet, too.

Exciting. Not sure what to do next, though.

Awesome!

Now reach the Crucible Rank 2 and buy some more gear :yay:

Reach level 26 with light.

And then we need only one more for the Raid :p

I should level up big time tomorrow. I have enough coins for an exotic armour, I have rank 2 on future war cult and enough marks to buy 2 pieces of armour (minus the head). And nearly enough motes for an exotic engram.

So I have

Helmet - Legendary - "Eclipse Maw VI" (Bought from the Vanguard stuff)

Secondary - Exotic - "Invective" (Shotgun)

Secondary - Legendary - "77 Wizard" (Fusion Rifle)

Secondary - Legendary - "Epitaph 2261" (Sniper Rifle)

Heavy Weapon - Legendary - "The Culling" (Machine Gun)

It's been a good couple days. And tomorrow Zûr comes to visit.

Yesterday I managed to nab 2 purple drops and around 10-15 blues. Decrypting all of these leveled the Cryptarch two levels to level 10, which gave me 4 more blues and another purple. All of this loot nabbed me.......................................

SOD ALL

I seriously must have the worst luck in the world on this game. Lostmario played with me last night for an hour or so and ended up getting a legendary helm and gun in the space of 20 mins. :mad:

I did get a sniff of hope though as an exotic bounty showed up. I went for the shotgun one as it seemed the easiest from the list I had to choose from.

At least I will finally level up today. I've been getting marks, saving my coins (17) and motes (23) ready for the dealer. I will use them first and then buy some legendary armour from the various outlets. I didn't want to buy the armour first just in case I ended up getting it from Xur.

@Sheikah where was your headset? I couldn't let you know what I was doing. I was standing farming while you were off doing my quest! :D

Queens Wrath stuff sounds interesting.

I love it how they keep adding stuff. Even things like the daily challenges and bounties are enough to keep it fresh for me.

@CoolFunkMan was that you I ran into last night on the moon?