NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

I can safely say this is one of the cases where the reviewers got it wrong. You just have to look on here to see how most people are enjoying the game. It's very much a social experience.

Yes, there may be a few issues here and there but this is a game that will continue to evolve over time. Hell, it hasn't even been out a week and already there have been new modes and events unlocked for periods of time.

I guess there are some people who have experienced game elements like this before. But this is the worst implementation of those elements. I have come across. The game is also super repetitive with a tiny amount of content. As a next gen game its a uprezzed last gen game. With weird decision to go 30 fps on PS4. There isnt much going for this game. The artwork and music and perhaps its strongest points.

No idea what the reviewers giving this 8's and 9's are smoking. Its a 6/7 tier game at best (in this world where games are mostly rated on a 7-10 scale). The fps mechanics are weak, the game structure is weak and worst of all the game wont have many defenders once people burn through all the content quickly (at over £40 for the game and £35 for a pass, this will be fun to watch). I never ever thought the game would be this dissapointing. But the beta was a wake up call. The final game didnt change much sadly...

Edited by Choze

Who cares if it's 30 FPS? That's a weird reason to mark it down.

Sounding like a broken record now Choze. You didn't get the game so no idea how you can critique it, especially since the beta was such a small part of the game.

Who cares if it's 30 FPS? That's a weird reason to mark it down.

Sounding like a broken record now Choze. You didn't get the game so no idea how you can critique it, especially since the beta was such a small part of the game.

the framerate in itself isnt a big deal. Its a solid 30 fps. But they could have gone 60 fps on PS4. The game simply doesnt stand out in any way on a technical level. It needed more. the art style is nice but the game is mainly a small amount of tiny wasteland envronments witha couple of enemies.

beta was a good representation of the game. I dreaded replaying the boring missions. Only one hub (the tower). Earth only had Russia as a zone. The game was just missed pontential after all the promises.

This game is so far from being what was promised.

Doesn't stand out on a technical level is a joke if you ask me, it looks amazing.

I don't think 60 FPS would suit this game. It's clearly meant to be a cinematic experience, which 30 FPS gives you. As smooth as 60 FPS is, it has that cheap 90's BBC drama feel to it.

Doesn't stand out on a technical level is a joke if you ask me, it looks amazing.

I don't think 60 FPS would suit this game. It's clearly meant to be a cinematic experience, which 30 FPS gives you. As smooth as 60 FPS is, it has that cheap 90's BBC drama feel to it.

The game doesnt really stand out much in any good way. (360 and PS3 are not bad here) Or do you mean bad way? : peace:

My major gripe is with the ships warp drive. If it takes that long to warp to the moon then it's not a very good warp drive. ;P

This whole review situation is weird. It almost seems a bit Zombi U for my liking, some pretty naff reviews (Metacritic is at 75 but what you might consider the 'big' reviews, Giant Bomb, Gamespot etc have it very low, while most of the top end reviews are from sites I've never heard of)...yet you come on here and people are loving it! I remember we had quite a good community vibe for Zombi U on here, all really enjoying it despite the critical mauling it got.

I've not played the full game yet, much like @liger05 the Beta put me off it as 'not my sort of game' and ironically all the stuff you chaps have been saying have solidified that for me, mainly I just don't have the time for Destiny! V jealous of you guys that do and can continue to play together and build up an N-E community. I've still got endless games of Titanfall I've promised my Xbox One chums to get through let alone embarking on this too, but I haven't got any where near enough time to make this a worthwhile purchase...yet.

I do really hope the sales figures are good though, I think another new IP selling well (Watch_Dogs, TitanFall from vague figures we've seen) will continue to encourage new games and franchises to populate our next gen consoles. I'm all for Uncharted 4 and Halo 5, but Destiny, Watch_Dogs and TitanFall can hopefully breathe new life and excitement into our gaming worlds. Although they said £500 mill had been sold to retailers, I'm worried there is no mention from Activision yet as they are usually the first to trumpet huge sales.

In the mean time, really enjoying all your guys chat and videos/screens of the game so far :)

I kind of understand why reviewers were held back, because the game is kind of an unfinished thing. Raids and more strikes are on the way, and we haven't had anything in space or with the Traveler. The ending literally says

"this is only the beginning"

, and feels like that's really the case. They need to bring more content thick and fast though, and vary things up a little (the most variation you really get in the game is

Interceptors vs the tank (btw, if this is not how you're doing this strike, you're doing it wrong! leave the interceptors, go back and get them when the Cabal are dead and flatten that tank) and the Sword of Crota.

There's definitely room for a lot more. My least favourite raid is the one that ends with the big Cabal boss, he just takes so damn long to go down it's not fun. I had an idea for how you could make that mission way more fun, how about the option to have two team members distract him whilst a third tries to open the door? Manage to get the door open, and you can bring a tank or turret in and deal a significant chunk of damage. Things like that would really help to mix it up a bit. As it stands, 5/6 raids end with you and your team emptying mag after mag into the big boss's weak spot (if you're lucky and not teamed with idiots who can't find a weak spot). The other one has three smaller bosses and you have to bring down shields with certain weapons, but it's not mixed up much more than that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really loving this game. It shines in co-op in a similar way to Borderlands and Diablo. You forgive the simplicity because that's synonymous with a balanced game where everyone can concentrate on their progress relatively evenly. But when it's so easy to compare the game to something like Halo in terms of gameplay, it's also so easy to remember the Halo-esque set-pieces it's missing, like self-destruct escapes, or climbing on board huge walkers to bring them down, or sharing a transport and manning a different weapon each.

I'm sure more goodness is on the way.

It's a good game, a solid 7/10 I'd say.

So it's tied for the title of worst game you own, then.

So it's tied for the title of worst game you own, then.

I made the mistake of forgetting I owned Assassin's Creed 3 as I've let a friend borrow it, I thought I traded it in. So AC3 is the worst game I own.

Then The Last of Us, then Destiny, just.

I don't think The Last of Us is a bad game, it's good, but very overrated.

Had a good session earlier. Started on my own doing the moon, then had a friend join me halfway on a public mission. They stayed and helped me do more moon missions, had a laugh. Got myself up to level 12, working on the next levels. And got some great equipment at present, no idea when that will be obselite

I had more fun with this tonight, after I asked some random person who appeared to be playing the same mission as me to join me. The endless firefights aren't nearly as overbearing when you're playing with someone else.

Sorry for not joining you last night @Sheikah. I was in the middle on a level 24 strike and then was just doing a little bit of farming before heading off to bed. You guys play at some weird times! You're like the N-E Destiny nightshift team.

I got around 6 purples yesterday and not one of them turned into a legendary item. The drop rates are starting to do my head in. If it's a purple then it should be a freaking purple item!

It also annoys me how random the items are for end quest rewards and end crucible rewards. Surely the top player should get something? Just like you should get something for defeating a boss on a level 24 strike! Crazy. :mad:

It also annoys me how random the items are for end quest rewards and end crucible rewards. Surely the top player should get something? Just like you should get something for defeating a boss on a level 24 strike! Crazy. :mad:

I quite like that, creates an incentive for people like me who are unlikely to top the leaderboards to play.

I enjoyed yesterday. I have reached level 20. I also think me and @kav82 have now finished all the story missions but im unsure.

Apart from the odd strike missions and the bountys what else is there to do?

I quite like that, creates an incentive for people like me who are unlikely to top the leaderboards to play.

I enjoyed yesterday. I have reached level 20. I also think me and @kav82 have now finished all the story missions but im unsure.

Apart from the odd strike missions and the bountys what else is there to do?

There's nothing wrong with dishing out items for other players randomly but I feel if you top your team it should be a sure thing that you get at least something.

If you're just playing for the story then I guess you're done. If you want to do the better strikes and raid mode though you need to level you're character up past the 20 mark. Raid mode arrives tomorrow but I think you need to be 26 to play it. Basically now it's all about the loot system for you.

I maxed my cash out yesterday. I didn't even know you could do that. Problem is that there's sod all to buy, so I'm just sitting here with the moolah and all the cash that drops in quests are going to waste.

EDIT: Never mind. I've just read about an effective way to use my cash.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Superior frame rate wouldn't suit it??? How on earth would a better gaming experience not suit a game?

I've never heard such rubbish in my life.

The standard of a smooth running shooter is 60FPS. In fact it's the target that developers ideally look to hit.

This was one of the few games that I actually would have considered buying another console for, however, after reading some reviews and speaking to @kav82, there's no way I would spend that kind of cash to play this.

From Eurogamer.

Destiny is UK's biggest ever new IP launch, beating Watch Dogs. Sells 46% on PS4, 36% Xbox One, 14% on Xbox 360, 4% on PS3.

Expected and well deserved IMO. The game is like digital crack. I'm sitting at work here itching for my next fix. :)

@baboo if you want to play tonight, I'm free from about 7. I'm a Level 12 and still need to get some of the moon story done and take it up a notch. Anyone else free to join as well.

As long as it's locked/stable, I honestly couldn't give two shits about how many FPS it is. It's not like I sit playing TLOU on the PS4 and go 'Ooooh, it's so smooth! Look at the framerate go!' as I play it. 30 seconds after starting it up I'm stabbing Clickers and trying to stay alive.

I get the low reviews. Although, I think they're being a little too harsh. Looking at that schedule Bungie released, it looks like this game is going to be something that keeps growing. You don't review a film or a book that isn't finished, so why would you do that to a game - Destiny was always sold as something that would offer something you would want to come back to week after week, and so far that looks like their intent with the Vault of Glass raid out soon and there's another Story mission out in a couple weeks, I think.

Seriously, its Diablo meets Halo, what's not to love?

My only doubt at the moment are the expansion packs, because the season pass was a lot of money and they better not fucking skimp.

Also, I wish they'd added a meta game to the Public Events. So you would win/lose territory as a community.

Edited by Daft