NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

So, the Vault of Glass. Anyone up for it? I'm only level 24 at the moment.

Yeah same. Shame we can't get higher until we get legendary/exotic shiz. The number of times I get a legendary engram but no legendary from it. =/

It's worth doing the heroic weekly strike btw for the 3 strange coins (1 time bonus per week, although you can also do it at higher difficulties for more coins). You don't need too many to buy exotic gear at weekends...

Also worth doing a daily public event for the rare material.

What level have you got to be do attempt it?.

You've got to be L26, and a team of 6 friends.

Progress in it is saved for a week, apparently, so long as you use the same fireteam leader to go back in.

Edit: just read somewhere else you don't have to be L26. But I heard its really hard, so you might really have to be.

Edited by Sheikah

So hit level 20 this morning after clearing a couple of bounties and a Crucible match or two. :yay: Now to get on and finish the story and hope that by playing through what I have left I'll get some Blue, or better, engram drops from the mobs on that.

Not particularly keen on the idea that levelling past 20 is armour based and all about a Light stat and it's not particularly well explained in-game. Can see the grind to get gear being monotonous. Have tried a few of the grind spots for good gear that are floating round the internet (the on in the Ishtar Academy area on Venus and the Skywatch on Earth) and got a couple of blue engrams which decrypted into blue boots (which gave me my first Light points), blue heavy weapon (although I don't use rocket launchers, prefer the machine gun so bit wasted on me) and blue special so that's something I guess.

Hoping to try out the Strike playlist a bit later if I get the time, though I do have to be up early for work tomorrow so don't know how that one'll go. Might just plough through with the remaining story missions.

So, the Vault of Glass. Anyone up for it? I'm only level 24 at the moment.

I'm level 24 but probably won't attempt it yet ( think its 26 anyway ). I watched some guys who were levels 26-27, with much better armour and weapons than me, get absolutely butchered on it.

Damn. Can't wait to try it.

Yeah same. Shame we can't get higher until we get legendary/exotic shiz. The number of times I get a legendary engram but no legendary from it. =/

It's worth doing the heroic weekly strike btw for the 3 strange coins (1 time bonus per week, although you can also do it at higher difficulties for more coins). You don't need too many to buy exotic gear at weekends...

Also worth doing a daily public event for the rare material.

I just managed to get a Legendary Heaver machine gun (kind of annoying since I usually use rocket launchers - but actually, this will be more useful for Raids/Strikes).

The Culling:

The_Culling.jpg

Really kind of just want some good armour.

Is there an easy way to find public events?

Damn. Can't wait to try it.

I just managed to get a Legendary Heaver machine gun (kind of annoying since I usually use rocket launchers - but actually, this will be more useful for Raids/Strikes).

The Culling:

The_Culling.jpg

Really kind of just want some good armour.

Fuuuck. Envious. :p

Yeah, the public events are supposed to loosely follow this timetable (although I bumped into a Devil Walker at a different time than suggested here). X:55 for instance means 55 minutes past the hour:

Old Russia (Earth)

The Steppes

Event: Defeat Extraction Crews

Start Times: ~~X:15-X:25 & X:45-X:55~~ (?) X:55-X:05 & X:25-X:35

Mothyards

Event: Defend the Warsat or kill boss

Start Times: X:00 & X:30

The Divide

Event: Defeat Devil Walker

Start Times: X:10-X:15 & X:40-X:45

Rocketyard

Event: Kill Hallowed Knight

Start Times: X:30

Forgotten Shore

Event: Kill Fallen Captain

Start Times: ?

Skywatch

Event: Defend Warsat OR Fallen & Hive war

Start Times: X:55-X:05 & X:25-X:35

Ocean of Storms (Moon)

Hellmouth

Start Times: X:35-X:45 (?)

Anchor of Light

Event: Defend the Warsat

Start Times: X:00-X:05

Event: Defeat Fallen Walker

Start Time: X:25(?) & X:45(?)

Meridian Bay (Mars)

The Hollows

Event: Kill Cabal Engineer

Start Times: X:05-X:10(?) & X:50-X:55

Buried City

Event: Kill Vex Minotaur or Cabal Engineer

Start Times: X:50-X:55 (X:23?)

(Venus)

Ishtar Cliffs

Event: Prevent Vex Sacrifices

Start Times: X:35-X:40

Citadel

Event: Kill Hydra

Start Times: X:45

Easiest way is to go to the area called The Divide on Earth, but you've got to select patrol on the destination map. Walk through the area you would normally go through in the Devil's Lair strike and come out the other side to get to The Divide. A Devil's Walker gets dropped down periodically there, killing it is really easy.

They are supposed to appear at specific times. Here's a schedule which I shamelessly stole from destinynews.net

Public Event Schedule

Old Russia

The Steppes

Start Times: X:15-X:25 & X:45-X:55

Mothyards

Event: Defend the Warsat or kill boss

Start Times: X:00 & X:30

The Divide

Event: Defeat Devil Walker

Start Times: X:10-X:15 & X:40-X:45

Rocketyard

Event: Kill Hallowed Knight

Forgotten Shore

Event: Kill Fallen Captain

Skywatch

Event: Defend Warsat OR Fallen & Hive war

Start Times: X:00-X:05 & X:30-X:35

Ocean of Storms

Hellmouth

Start Times: X:35-X:45 (?)

Anchor of Light

Event: Defend the Warsat

Start Times: X:00-X:05

Event: Destroy The Fallen Walker

Start Times: X:45

Ishtar Sink

Ember Caves

Start Times: X:30-X:35

The Citadel

Event: Keep the Vex Away from the Conflux

Start Times: X:35-X:40 (?)

Meridian Bay

The Hollows

Event: Kill Cabal Engineer

Start Times: X:05-X:10

The Barrens

Event: Defend The Warsat

Start Times: X:05

Edit: @Sheikah you suck :p

Edited by drahkon

What I really like is that you went to the trouble of italicising, bolding and colour changing only to be ninja'd. :p

After putting a little more time into this last night with @Hero\-of\-Time and @Blade I enjoyed it a little more. Especially as I was giving my Bladedancer subclass a run out... so much fun!

Even if, 3 times in a row, as soon as I unleash the skill Hero managed to just obliterate the enemy I was planning on going for, haha. I had fun doing suicide runs to chip away the boss' health with the arc blade on those Vanguard Strikes!

Shame toward the end of the night that the connection started playing up. Only happens on this game. :(

I'll be up for another round tonight followed by a little Battlefield if the connection becomes dodgy again.

Edited by Kav

After putting a little more time into this last night with @Hero\-of\-Time and @Blade I enjoyed it a little more. Especially as I was giving my Bladedancer subclass a run out... so much fun!

Even if, 3 times in a row, as soon as I unleash the skill Hero managed to just obliterate the enemy I was planning on going for, haha. I had fun doing suicide runs to chip away the boss' health with the arc blade on those Vanguard Strikes!

Shame toward the end of the night that the connection started playing up. Only happens on this game. :(

I'll be up for another round tonight followed by a little Battlefield if the connection becomes dodgy again.

Your blade moves were hilarious.

I love my bubble shield, especially when we trap a boss it in and all 3 of us just constantly beat on him. :D

That moment I got on top of the tank slashing away... too funny! Instant death for me soon after though, haha.

Should be on again tonight, if I don't accept party invites its because I'm in a party with my brother. Don't take offence if I don't accept your invite.

Got 2 legendary pieces of armour now.

Regarding the raid mode, when we have a good group of level 26 players on here, my brother is interested in joining in if we have a spot free, I hope that will be okay with everyone.

I'm officially losing my head over these drop rates now. I sat and did a good farming spot and killed over 1000 enemies, got a few blues and a couple of purples, only to get sod all. I'm no stranger to playing loot based games but this is just getting beyond a joke now.

Talking to a lad at work about it a few minutes ago and we were on about the PvP awards. I was thinking, seeing as you don't have to perform well to get an item in PvP, couldn't you just leave your PS4 on whilst in a game? I'm tempted to give this a try tonight, just rubber band my controller so I don't get booted and leave the thing on over night.

Has anyone done the weekly mission yet? Myself, lostmario and gmac tried last night and got butchered. We got to a point where there were 4 wizards spawning on us and we couldn't do anything but die. I will have another crack at it tonight.

Anyone know what the benefits are for playing on a harder difficulty other than experience points? The story missions don't seem to offer any higher drop rates and all the farming spots i've seen are done on lower difficulties to maximize the kills.

What I really like is that you went to the trouble of italicising, bolding and colour changing only to be ninja'd. :p

Yeah, I like that, too. :blank:

I think I'll reach level 26 today and then I'll be ready for some Raid action. We need to get 6 people together and set a date!

Talking to a lad at work about it a few minutes ago and we were on about the PvP awards. I was thinking, seeing as you don't have to perform well to get an item in PvP, couldn't you just leave your PS4 on whilst in a game? I'm tempted to give this a try tonight, just rubber band my controller so I don't get booted and leave the thing on over night.

That's a really lame thing to do. Actually worse than just dropping out altogether.

That's a really lame thing to do. Actually worse than just dropping out altogether.

Totally agree but I'm sick of getting screwed over.

At the same time though I think it's lame that someone who can get MVP in a match and carry a team then gets sod all and a dude at the bottom who did absolutely jack end up with a exotic or legendary item.

I was reading an example on Gaf yesterday of a guy who came top and got nothing and the rest of his team got items, two of them being legendary ones as well.

I find it such a bizarre decision. If the top player got an item every time ( rest of the team was random ) then there would be a bigger incentive to win and come top.

Honestly, I prefer it. It means that even the crappest people have a chance of getting something out of PvP. It means more people are likely to stay to theend of the match if their team are losing. For me, it takes the pressure off playing games like Rumble when I only usually play objective game types in FPSs - it's about as close to 'it's the taking part, not the winning, that matters' as we'll get; it's random and because of that it's totally democratic.

Over the past three days, I've got two Legendary items from purple engrams. One was a Heavy Weapon Machine Gun, the other was a Helmet that I couldn't use because it was for a Hunter. That's two Legendaries in half a week. One of them I can't use - but I'm going to level up my Hunter now - and the other one, I'd rather have a rocket launcher. But for an item that's meant to be Legenardy, I think that's a pretty good rate of return. These things should be easy to find.

This is meant to be a game you keep coming back to. I don't want to max out, I want to be coming back every week and when I find an awesome weapon, I want it to be special. Not like Diablo where Legenary weapons are easy to come across.

Seriously, this game has been out just over a week. And you couldn't get Purple Engrams until you hit lvl 20 anyway so that's even less time to have gotten all these things.

Edited by Daft

I've played 1 day, 16 hours and 46 minutes. I've also killed 10,531 enemies. No legendary items. Yup, I'm frustrated. :D

I've played 1 day, 16 hours and 46 minutes. I've also killed 10,531 enemies. No legendary items. Yup, I'm frustrated. :D

That amount of game time isn't all that bad compared to some Monster Hunter drops I was looking for! Haha

Also, I'll be sorting out the issues I've been having with Destiny tonight...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-error-codes-and-their-solutions/1100-6422269/

That amount of game time isn't all that bad compared to some Monster Hunter drops I was looking for! Haha

I don't think my luck was ever this bad on MH.

This is essentially me at the moment.

toys+out+pram.jpg

I've played 1 day, 6 hours and 40 minutes. I've killed 9,328 enemies. I can see why you're frustrated.

What level is your Cryptarch?

Also, can't you buy Legendary items from the three cults? Also with Vanguard and Cruicible points?

I was trying to get on last night for a few PVP matches, but alas my internet decided it didn't want to give me 35mbps speeds but chose to give me (and i don't kid) 56k!!!. Just to check my email for something took 15 minutes, so even remotely trying to get online was going to be a joke.

Hopefully it's sorted tonight for a session. I'm hoping to finish the Moon tonight, anyone want to give me a hand?

I've played 1 day, 6 hours and 40 minutes. I've killed 9,328 enemies. I can see why you're frustrated.

What level is your Cryptarch?

Also, can't you buy Legendary items from the three cults? Also with Vanguard and Cruicible points?

I think he's level 8 at the moment.

Yeah, just need to get some more Vanguard points then I can grab one. Knowing my luck I'll buy the armour and then find it in a drop. :)

Aye strange coin for exotic armour and weapons. Also motes of light to buy an exotic engram from him too. Faction gear is basically looking like the way to go now, I've got enough marks to afford 2 pieces (still need to be the right rank though, will take ages...).

Last night I got my first legendary piece (from a blue), a helmet for a warlock. Lawl. Not a hunter drop, but at least something.

Meanwhile, @Zell deciphered his first legendary engram and got the legendary sniper rifle.

Not jealous at all.

So what can you actually spend Motes of Light on?

The Speaker - who sells aesthetic useless crap. And you can buy Exotic Engrams from Zur?

I have 9 Motes of Light. I have no idea what to do with them.

I've got 12 Strange Coins, too.