NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

I'd best get some light gear on. Working on Crucible battles, Strikes and Bounties to get my rep higher so i can get some better equipment.

Edited by Jimbob

At some point it let me switch to a ship but now it's saying I need to purchase it. As such...

23tjbch.jpg

when i get to LVL 26 i'll join you guys on raids,

I keep plodding along leveling up, getting rare gear

Got my first legendary weapon (finally). In a somewhat cruelly ironic gesture, the weapon is called "Fair and square". A pulse rifle. I wanted auto, but it apparently has a 'full auto' mode, so I'll see what that's about when I get there.

Also got the exact same legendary warlock helmet (again), so broke that down into materials. And a warlock exotic body armour. My game LOVES warlock. It's clearly telling me I picked the wrong class.

Jumped into a game with Kav and Blade last night only to land head first into a battle going on in the weekly strike mission! I had to peg it out of the room and try and find my bearings.

It was an absolute laugh when we reached the boss though. The part where the wizards attacked was hilarious and a very close call.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday now. I want some new missions and the point cap to be lifted. Until then I have another 20 strike missions needing to be done for my 2nd exotic bounty.

Got my first legendary weapon (finally). In a somewhat cruelly ironic gesture, the weapon is called "Fair and square". A pulse rifle. I wanted auto, but it apparently has a 'full auto' mode, so I'll see what that's about when I get there...

If it's anything like The Stranger's Rifle, the full-auto mode on that just meant you hold down the trigger and it will keep burst-firing as opposed to being one burst per pull of the trigger.

Jumped into a game with Kav and Blade last night only to land head first into a battle going on in the weekly strike mission! I had to peg it out of the room and try and find my bearings.

It was an absolute laugh when we reached the boss though. The part where the wizards attacked was hilarious and a very close call.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday now. I want some new missions and the point cap to be lifted. Until then I have another 20 strike missions needing to be done for my 2nd exotic bounty.

The number of times you saved my neck in that battle, haha. Had a right laugh!

Still not found any legendary gear so still stuck at level 24.

The last two times I levelled up the Cryptarch I got two blues.

However I've been using this for a while, I think it may be my favourite gun in any game, ever.

icebreaker.jpg

(The last four upgrades are all for damage, gonna need a lot of Ascendant Energy)

Didn't get a chance to play over the weekend but managed to finally get my gear upgraded enough to push me to level 24. Now I'm stuck there until I find any Legendary items or happen to actually get Legendary gear from any purple engrams I actually manage to have drop. Gonna be such a slog :hmm:

Gutted I wasn't able to play at the weekend though. Really could've done with getting that Exotic helmet that Xur had but didn't have enough Strange Coins. Think this week is going to be spent stockpiling as many of those and Motes of Light as possible in the hope there's something good for me this Friday.

Think I'm gonna try my hand at the weekly Strike before it's changed tomorrow, when I get in tonight. It's the Moon one so shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Run it twice on normal and it's pretty straight forward. Only bit that might cause trouble if I end up playing with randoms is in the room where the Ghost has to decrypt runes or whatever and you've got waves of enemies. I'll see anyway. If I can get through there then it's a straight run on Phogoth and it's easy to down him.

Likewise gonna try my hand at the daily mission, haven't tried on yet but think I need to get back into the habit of taking on higher level enemies if I'm gonna be doing more of the Strikes and possibly the raids in the future so grinding at the cave/gate/commons stops as I wasn't getting any purples there anyway.

So yeah, hopefully after a long session on it tonight doing that and clearing bounties I'll walk away with some decent purples. Fingers crossed anyway!

Still not found any legendary gear so still stuck at level 24.

The last two times I levelled up the Cryptarch I got two blues.

However I've been using this for a while, I think it may be my favourite gun in any game, ever.

icebreaker.jpg

(The last four upgrades are all for damage, gonna need a lot of Ascendant Energy)

I started to feel for you, then I saw you post an exotic weapon. :p

By the way guys, current level cap is L29 (L30 probably requires raid/some future equipment which isn't available yet).

By the way guys, current level cap is L29 (L30 probably requires raid/some future equipment which isn't available yet).

I thought something wasn't right. I heard it was 30 and then looked at what I had left to level up and then how much the bar was going up. It just didn't add up.

Thanks @Sheikah for the help last night, managed to push myself to level 22. And got myself a Legendary Sniper Rifle in the process.

Thanks @Sheikah for the help last night, managed to push myself to level 22. And got myself a Legendary Sniper Rifle in the process.

It seems anyone accompanying me, however brief, will stumble upon a legendary sniper rifle.

*pats warlock helmets*

It seems anyone accompanying me, however brief, will stumble upon a legendary sniper rifle.

*pats warlock helmets*

I've got a couple but I could do with the break down mats. Fancy hooking up? :D

Interesting small study on what comes out of each kind of engram (290 green engrams, 250 blue engrams and 55 purple engrams assessed):

Green Engrams

White/Basic: 68 (23.45%)

Green/Uncommon: 201 (69.31%)

Blue/Rare: 21 (7.24%)

Purple/Legendary: 0

Yellow/Exotic: 0

Blue Engrams

White: 0

Green: 53 (21.2%)

Blue: 186 (74.4%)

Purple: 11 (4.4%)

Yellow: 0

Purple Engrams

White: 0

Green: 2 (3.64%)

Blue: 33 (60%)

Purple: 19 (34.55%)

Yellow: 1 (1.82%)

Seems like they were just unlucky with getting exotics out of purples, maybe.

When my Cryptarch got to level 4 or 5, I got two purple engrams, both were exotic weapons. So I guess I was "unlucky" too :blank: The other that I didn't post above was a shotgun you use in your primary weapon slot: Universal Remote. I don't like it, really.

However since then, they've all been blues. 60% chance that a purple engram will be a blue item? That's just painful.

My god, story of my life. The "hunter gear from future war cult is bugged" situation sums my circumstances up pretty well. :p

I chose the one faction and was the one class that it's fucked up for. Lulz.

You can choose to join all 3 factions, all XP gained will go to the one faction who's item you're wearing. I've got Hunter Cloaks for all 3 of them and it XP gained switches faction whenever I switch cloaks.

*pats warlock helmets*

Warlock seems to be the path to follow.

Just clearing myself some bounties on the Crucible, completed 4 earlier. Doing the final one before taking a break for an evening session later.

Yeah I meant more that I spent the time getting that faction to rank 2 and blowing a load of marks on their armour. Not eager to do that again with another faction. They're apparently fixing it though, so hopefully a patch will be on the way before too long (think Tuesday might be their patch day).

Finally got to level 20! Yay!

Any recommendations on best way to level up from now on?

Kneeling+prayer.jpg

Funny, 'get down on your knees and pray' was pretty much the advice I was going to proffer, too. :p

How does the Cryptarch level up?

Every time you take an engram to him to decrypt it gives exp. Just keep handing them in to level him up.

Anyone getting bored with this? I'm finding it all a little tedious now :P

I'm starting to, the grind is a royal pain in the ass.

They need to add more missions and more objectives in missions as opposed to "go here, deploy ghost, defend" then rinse and repeat. They've missed a trick not having any mission where you chased someone down in your speeder.