NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Those prequels were the most awful things that could happen to the Star Wars franchise. They were appalling, made no sense when compared and contrasted with episodes 4-6 and were essentially just huge action figure commercials.

For anyone that's interested, try watching the Red Letter Media reviews of these films, they are utterly perfect and totally nail these three awful films:

First part of the first review...

Warner Bros give up Supes and BATMAN? Doubt it.

I think they should drop the 'Episode' bullshit if there's going to be a new film every 2-3 years. And because I-III were a travesty against culture and reality. And because Fox own the rights to the first six films...so a box set probably ain't going to happen. And because tonally the two trilogies and now any films that follow will be a million miles apart.

I wouldn't say that. There's the Avengers boxset.

Universal has the rights to The Incredible Hulk

Paramount has the rights to Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America.

Disney has the rights to The Avengers.

If there's demand, which there will be, they'll do it

Why are people thinking about this? Nobody was worried about Avengers 2 turning into a cartoon.

Well, the prequel trilogy is 94% animation.*

*Probably not.

Episode 1 is enjoyable, hand has some amazing characters (Qui Gon and Darth Maul).

Episode 2 has some great action, and is pretty good if you skip the majority of Anakin/Padme scenes.

Episode 3 is brilliant and almost as good as the originals.

Warner Bros give up Supes and BATMAN? Doubt it.

I think they should drop the 'Episode' bullshit if there's going to be a new film every 2-3 years. And because I-III were a travesty against culture and reality. And because Fox own the rights to the first six films...so a box set probably ain't going to happen. And because tonally the two trilogies and now any films that follow will be a million miles apart.

I think Fox own some rights to Episode IV, V and VI; but seem to recall the prequel trilogy is 100% Lucasfilm with Fox only partnering for distribution. Ultimately, I am sure Lucas will have had that sorted prior to the sale; having Disney own the rights to bookend the great (original) films would be an odd deal.

I wouldn't say that. There's the Avengers boxset.

Universal has the rights to The Incredible Hulk

Paramount has the rights to Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America.

Disney has the rights to The Avengers.

If there's demand, which there will be, they'll do it

Ah, fair enough. Didn't realise it was split more ways than FOX/Sony/Disney but then that's not within the same movie universe and a different issue.

Still, I think they should move away from 'Episodes'.

I just realised something...

The next Star Wars theme probably won't start with the 20th Century Fox music.

That's just....wrong.

Ah, fair enough. Didn't realise it was split more ways than FOX/Sony/Disney but then that's not within the same movie universe and a different issue.

Still, I think they should move away from 'Episodes'.

All the movies I listed are in the same movie universe. They all lead up to The Avengers and are all interconnected

Episode 1 is enjoyable, hand has some amazing characters (Qui Gon and Darth Maul).

Episode 2 has some great action, and is pretty good if you skip the majority of Anakin/Padme scenes.

Episode 1 isn't abysmal. That child is just apocalyptically bad. Qui Gon and Darth Maul are barely characters. Darth Maul just looks awesome and then dies in the shittest way possible. The whole thing has more plot holes than the Bible.

Episode 2 is like watching a videogame cutscene for two hours. When I was in the cinema everyone laughed when Anikin's mum croaked (literally) and when Yoda whipped his lightsaber out. It's possibly the only film that made special effects not special because it was overloaded with them and they just became white noise.

Episode 3

darth_vader_noooo11.jpg

Awful. That was another film everyone laughed at in the cinema.

All the movies I listed are in the same movie universe. They all lead up to The Avengers and are all interconnected

Yeah, I mean Xmen (Fox), Spiderman (Sony) and Daredevil (Fox) aren't in same universe.

1: I will hunt you down.

2: I will tie you to a chair. Maybe I will even tie you to Chair.

3: I will select my best glove.

4: I will slap you silly.

Then there will be ice cream and possibly fudge cake with hugs, but first things first, I will make you repent that nonsense you just spouted.

Episode 1 was entertaining for Darth Maul and the two major fights.

Episode 2 was great if you watched only the opening scroll and the final credits.

Episode 3 was the cinematic equivalent of eating a placenta: you can say you did it, and then you never, ever have to do it again.

Both Episode 2 and 3 were ruined -RUINED- by the so-called acting of Hayden Christensen.

Anakin Skywalker: I love your planet it's so lush and fertile (like your norks)

Padme: Yes.

Anakin Skywalker: Not like my planet, where it's all sandy and gets in your crack *awkward touch implying he'd like to get in her crack*

It should be good that Lucas doesn't have too much control over the next films. However it's worrying about the massive amount of Expanded Universe stuff, which could all be destroyed in one fell swoop.

Also with the backing of Disney, maybe all those live action TV scripts they have lying around can be put to good use.

I just realised something...

The next Star Wars theme probably won't start with the 20th Century Fox music.

That's just....wrong.

Oh dear god.

This is good. Finally the franchise will be allowed to slowly bleed to death with some facet of dignity. I just hope this means getting the original, unmolested cuts of the movie on DVD without having to buy an 19 disk boxset on top of it or something equally ridiculous.

Am I the only one who thinks the original trilogy was massively overrated?

There's an argument, but I do think you'd have to go a long way to convince me or most that Empire Strikes Back wasn't a superb cut of fiction & cinema.

Return Of The Jedi however is perfectly open to slander, and needs it.

Yeah I remember Lucas saying he always had a Trilogy of Trilogies in mind, but after Eps 1-3 had put any plans for eps 7-9 down.... never thought it would ever happen.

Wonder where it will be based in relation to Ep 6? Will they have Luke and Solo etc? Will they follow any of the expanded SW Universes books/stories?

I heard he likes trilogies so he put a trilogy in your trilogy...

I've personally become increasingly disillusioned with Star Wars as the years have gone. It's seemed more and more hell bent on being a kids franchise. Now sure the franchise has always had that kid tilt with all the merchandise and lack of age ratings as such but still the original trilogy appealed to all ages. I'm told the Clone Wars series is actually interesting and does straddle the line pretty well. The same can't be said for the recent Clone Wars movie that entered cinemas what a crock of shit and if that's the direction they take I'm not interested.

Personally I always wanted to see an adapatation of the Heir to the Empire Trilogy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_Trilogy

Problem is they were set 5 years after Return of the Jedi. Also really enjoyed the Jedi Academy trilogy which I think followed on from just after Heir to the Empire.

I mean if they wanted to go the way of keeping the original actors and remotely fitting their age in with current canonical novels they would have to go with the New Jedi Order (something like 30 years after Return of the Jedi) set of books. Although there is some controversy over something which happens to a a certain character. Also it's not the classic tale of Empire versus Rebellion/New Republic. So I'm not sure how well that would sit but then it would be a completely new visual look for the franchise.

They should just use this as an excuse to make the entire extended universe non-canon.

The same can't be said for the recent Clone Wars movie that entered cinemas what a crock of shit and if that's the direction they take I'm not interested.

Clone Wars film?

You mean the first three episodes of the TV series?

I'm excited at the thought of 7, 8, 9 being done. They could be done very well if the story and characters are correct but I'm not sure of them milking it every few years with further movies. Could be good to expand the universe and explore other avenues but then it could just get too much and the quality could drop and all go a bit shit.

I'm a massive Star Wars fan and I see this as a positive thing at the moment. Far too early to pass judgement.

This is fantastic news yet so unexpected.

A new star wars trilogy to look forward to that George Lucas won't be directing!!! I have faith that Disney won't mess this up.

I can see the new trilogy being set 60-70 years after ROTJ, with just Luke making an appearance as a Jedi Spirit to warn his or Han / Leia's kids of a new threat.

While Episode 1 was a massive letdown (the last 20 minutes nearly saved it), I enjoyed Episode 2 & 3. Episode 2 for the clone wars setup/Obi Wan's side story (investigating the bounty hunter / clone army reveal) and there were so many great moments in Episode 3, Dooku / Obi Wan / Anakin fight, Palpatine/Sidious reveal and fight with Windu, Tantive IV, Order 66, Yoda / Palpatine & Obi Wan / Anakin fights. Darth Vader operation scene (minus Noooooo).

As a Star Wars fan, I am excited about this new trilogy.

This is fantastic news yet so unexpected.

A new star wars trilogy to look forward to that George Lucas won't be directing!!! I have faith that Disney won't mess this up.

I can see the new trilogy being set 60-70 years after ROTJ, with just Luke making an appearance as a Jedi Spirit to warn his or Han / Leia's kids of a new threat.

While Episode 1 was a massive letdown (the last 20 minutes nearly saved it), I enjoyed Episode 2 & 3. Episode 2 for the clone wars setup/Obi Wan's side story (investigating the bounty hunter / clone army reveal) and there were so many great moments in Episode 3, Dooku / Obi Wan / Anakin fight, Palpatine/Sidious reveal and fight with Windu, Tantive IV, Order 66, Yoda / Palpatine & Obi Wan / Anakin fights. Darth Vader operation scene (minus Noooooo).

As a Star Wars fan, I am excited about this new trilogy.

These are pretty much my views, so i'll just quote them to save time.

So how long till Princess Leia gets added to parades in Disney Land/World and they add some Star Wars themed rides.

Next Kingdom Hearts game should be awesome :D

EDIT:

Oh and just remembered what happened to the planned 3D cinema releases of all 6 episodes?

I only saw (by "saw" i mean I knew it was in the cinema I didn't actually go to watch it) Episode 1 was released....what happened to the rest, was actually planning to see eps 2 - 6 in 3D :heh:

I think I read Episodes 2 and 3 look ALOT better in 3D than Episode 1 did, like they actually look really good.

Think I also heard that they are being released in the cinema at the same time. Can't remember when though.

Next Kingdom Hearts game should be awesome :D

The thought of that makes me puke. It's like putting Nintendo's characters into Elf Bowling.

Think I also heard that they are being released in the cinema at the same time. Can't remember when though.

August/September next year I think.