N-Europe

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Retro_Link

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so hyped for this game. Love this series, love the fact that this game seems to be the ultimate Tekken experience, complete with extra zany modes as well.

I mean, Tekken Ball? What a blast from the past! :yay:

I'm almost willing to buy a Wii U near launch for it. Almost. This is a bad time for me to do it.

Looks to be more 'fun' on the wii u compared to the ps360 which is more about beating your opponents into the ground if you understand my meaning.

Fight Lab has plenty of zany minigames, and that exists in the other versions as well.

I'm so hyped for this game. Love this series, love the fact that this game seems to be the ultimate Tekken experience, complete with extra zany modes as well.

I mean, Tekken Ball? What a blast from the past! :yay:

I'm almost willing to buy a Wii U near launch for it. Almost. This is a bad time for me to do it.

Fight Lab has plenty of zany minigames, and that exists in the other versions as well.

Can you play said minigames with others?

I've watched this 4 times already and I still don't know what I just saw.

1. Extra costumes. Tekken allows you to customise your character's appearance, and the Wii U version brings Nintendo-themed clothes and accessories (so far, it seems each character gets a single costume, so it's likely we can't give the bears a Capt.Falcon helmet)

2. Yes, Tekken has bears, pandas, kangaroos and boxing velociraptors. No, this series doesn't take itself seriously.

3. Tekken Ball is an awesome mode that's like a mix between volleyball and dodgeball. You hit the ball with your moves, and the ball is launched with the proper intensity. If the opponent is hit, they lose equivalent life, so they must hit the ball back with proper timing (If the ball hits the ground on your side, you also lose health)

2. Yes, Tekken has bears, pandas, kangaroos and boxing velociraptors. No, this series doesn't take itself seriously.

I have not played Tekken since playing the first game on PS when visiting a friend. I remember it to have only human characters, albeit with extremely exaggerated body size, strength, and with supernatural powers. Maybe I remember it wrong.

I have not played Tekken since playing the first game on PS when visiting a friend. I remember it to have only human characters, albeit with extremely exaggerated body size, strength, and with supernatural powers. Maybe I remember it wrong.

From what I understand, the bear (Kuma) already existed back then, but wasn't playable (I think). The first game sucked, at any rate.

Anyway, here is some normal gameplay footage of the boxing animals.

The Nintendo mode looks incredibly fun and the original Tekken Tag was a very enjoyable game. How is the touch screen used here? If I get a Wii U this would be a game I'd be interested in. Mind you, I was always a Tekken Bowl rather than Tekken Ball kinda guy.

The Nintendo mode looks incredibly fun and the original Tekken Tag was a very enjoyable game. How is the touch screen used here? If I get a Wii U this would be a game I'd be interested in. Mind you, I was always a Tekken Bowl rather than Tekken Ball kinda guy.
I think I remember them originally saying the screen might be used to give another player the chance to creates levels around the fighters and throw in power-ups etc... to dynamically change fights as they happen, or something like that. Not sure if that's still the case.

Think it's also being used to customise and create costumes aswell.

lol Kuma has been in the series since the first game KumVSkumT1.jpg

From what I understand, the bear (Kuma) already existed back then, but wasn't playable (I think). The first game sucked, at any rate.

Anyway, here is some normal gameplay footage of the boxing animals.

lol Kuma has been in the series since the first game KumVSkumT1.jpg

Well, well. My memory deceives me. Now I can no longer trust anything I remember from the 90's. Great!

• 2 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!