Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

I don't really give a shit either way, but the ball clearly accelerates and bobbles after he touches it.

EDIT: Removed the word clearly, it isn't clear, but i think that is what happens.

Check Ell's link. The footage on there shows it from a better angle than that super-fast gif above. Either way, it's a shit tackle.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. I'm too lazy to open videos, why can't everything be gifs.

I don't think it can be called a 'shit' tackle though. If he had got there a millisecond earlier and kicked it before RVP nudged it, everyone would be saying it was a fantastic tackle. There can't only be a millisecond between a shit and a fantastic tackle.

I don't think it can be called a 'shit' tackle though. If he had got there a millisecond earlier and kicked it before RVP nudged it, everyone would be saying it was a fantastic tackle. There can't only be a millisecond between a shit and a fantastic tackle.

True, maybe I'm being harsh. It's bad defending in the first place for the back pass and it's shit in the sense that he's always lunging/reaching for the ball. 9 times out of 10 that sort of tackle will result in a penalty.

Nah it was definitely a shit tackle. You have to take the whole event into account, he fluffed the pass back to Mertesacker and instead of catching van Persie up and attempting to cut out the cross [by staying on his feet]. He went into blinkered recover the ball mode and made a bigger tit of himself.

Ah but imagine if he had grazed the ball and the referee had seen it.

Everyone would be praising him on how he made up the ground after his bad pass, and how he redeemed himself by pulling off the most amazing tackle.

All i'm saying is that these days there only seem to be amazing tackles, and appalling ones, there never seems to be anything in between. I think that one was a good attempt but unluckily for him it went wrong.

Sagna seems to be a lability nowadays. I'm constantly frustrated by his inability to try and go past people, he never takes on a man and tries to get to the byline, he always turns back. His crossing also wank.

It's always refreshing to see Jenkinson play because he always aims for the byline and his crossing is half decent.

Can't believe how much bitching about Bale. Funny actually. And so what if Spurs finish 5th, it's not a team performance, it's individual performance, did Scott Parker not deserve it when he helped take West Ham down?! Utterly ridiculous opinions by a group of fans that think only the top 4 can do amazing things.

If you don't think Bale has been the best player this season fine; but every player was sold in the premier league, Bale would by far be sold for the most amount of money and be targeted by all the huge clubs!

Amazing end to the season for top 4 and the final relegation scrap. I REALLY REALLY hope Villa or Newcastle go down but it's not looking good for Wigan, they really need an amazing result against West Brom and also ideally against Arsenal. They have a couple of easy home games so you never know. Vill and Newcastle have to play Chelsea and Arsenal respectively so I hope they stay up by taking points from them, or go down failing.

As for top 4, crazy. Spurs have H v southampton, A v Chelsea, A V stoke and H V Sunderland. With Stoke safe I reckon 3 wins should be easy, and a draw against Chelsea should be possible.

Arsenal have away at Qpr (now down should be easy), H v Wigan (should be an easy win, but you never know) and A V Newcastle... It's this game we rely on for them to drop points (though wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal didn't win another game at all).

Chelsea A v Man U, H V Spurs, A v Villa and H v Everton. Easily the toughest run in but they have a cushion. But again, they may not win another game quite easily.

So a crazy crazy end.

Also, remember the argument i had with @JonSt at the beginning of the season about Vertonghen not being as good Vermaelen because he plays left back for Belgium. Vertonghen made then team of the season at centre back :) And he played left back for us loads this season!

I also said Podolski was average. He got his first start in 3 months at the weekend. And was cack. Again.

If you don't think Bale has been the best player this season fine; but every player was sold in the premier league, Bale would by far be sold for the most amount of money and be targeted by all the huge clubs!

You're probably right there but only because of his age.

I also said Podolski was average. He got his first start in 3 months at the weekend. And was cack. Again.

He's scored 14 goals in 38 games and 9 of those appearances were subs. I think that's a pretty good return for a forward playing in a team with a bit of competition.

Dazzy you mong, Podolski's been injured.

[Edit, the grammar police]

Fair enough. Be honest. Do you think he is a quality player?!

I'll admit Demsey, Parker, Ade, Defoe. Ekotto, Naughton and even Walker have not been good enough this season for us.

When 100% fit he's decent. Talk is he's been playing with a niggling ankle injury and could do with an operation at the end of the season. Started the season really well but he got injured in February (iirc) spent a few weeks out and hasn't got back into it since.

Saturday he wasn't given a lot, the best chance he was given should have gone the other way for Walcott to tap in. Our system doesn't offer a lot for a lone striker.

Dortmund game was pretty exciting. 2 goals in the last 10 minutes, I thought they were going to throw it away.

Mouriniho's interview after was pretty tense, he's deffo back in England next season.

And Sergio Ramos is an absolute bell end. Can't stand him.

Jurgen Klopp

"Nuri knows Madrid quite a bit, a few of the guys will surely go out, I'll drink a beer in the hotel. If I wouldn't allow them to go out, I'd be quite a prick. We might get taken apart by Bayern [on Saturday] but that would be the happiest loss we could have against Bayern."

I'll admit Demsey, Parker, Ade, Defoe. Ekotto, Naughton and even Walker have not been good enough this season for us.

Blasphemy!!!

But its ok mate im sure the Blades will take them both back with open arms (minus the huge pay, obviously) :p

Blasphemy!!!

But its ok mate im sure the Blades will take them both back with open arms (minus the huge pay, obviously) :p

Haha, I want to keep them both (the only ones out of that group I would), Naughton hasn't had a great season because he's mainly been played on the left, which is unfair on him, I actually think he'd be a decent back up for right back. Walker has great potential, not been as good as last season but I have no doubt he'll develop next season.

Jesus H Christ, Dortmund will need to pull something really damn special to beat this Bayern team. And next season they're getting Götze off Dortmund. We should probably just send them next year's Bundasliga trophy right now...

Can't wait for the final now. It should be fantastic and I hope Dortmund put up a good fight, which I think they will. But, good God, this Bayern team are shit hot. Barcelona were destroyed in both legs, which is good for everyone. They can be beaten. I hope more teams have a go at them now.

Wow. I had expected Barca to win their home leg. Granted not enough to see them qualify, perhaps a 2-0... but to lose that badly at home too.

As other people have mentioned Dortmund have their work cut out. Practice for the CL final this Saturday though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!