NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

A great escape for Arsenal against Malaysia XI, late goals from Thomas Eisfield and Chuks Aneke salvaged us a 2-1 win. Gotta hope the team can turn the heat up against City on Friday, the pitch wasn't great and there was no tempo and lack of flow to Arsenal's play, Chamakh was pretty good, missed a 1 on 1 mind, he'll need to do better if he wants to stake a claim as our first choice striker.

I didn't watch it, we've got so many first teamers still at Colney working on fitness I wouldn't read too much into the performance.

I didn't watch it, we've got so many first teamers still at Colney working on fitness I wouldn't read too much into the performance.

That's true, but this is the reserves opportunity to stake their claim to make the squad, so you would have expected a little more, but heck they still have chances on this tour. Was good to see Diaby playing again, he was pretty good for the first 20 minutes but unfortunately went missing, but he showed glimpses of what he's capable of in that time.

Have any of you guys seen anything of Suso? He's a special talent. Remarkable technical ability and maturity at such a young age.

Have any of you guys seen anything of Suso? He's a special talent. Remarkable technical ability and maturity at such a young age.

I've heard really good things about him....also he gets fucking amazing in Football Manager if you treat him right lol.

Shinji-Kagawa-strikes-to--008.jpg

1st goal of many... let's hope so.

Also Bebe had a stormer.... I thought I was reading the match reviews incorrectly.

Got my email about the Fantasy Football. Are we doing that again this year?

Wilshere out till October:

"Hopefully, we will get Wilshere back playing for October," said Wenger.

"With Abou Diaby returning, it will be like signing two new players. This season, the squad will be strong and competitive."

like signing two new players? I'm not sure, what about if it backfires again? sad news about Wilshere though. I just hope that he can recover completely this time.

Whereas Diaby is in a never ending cycle of long term injuries.

Can't help but feel sorry for Andy Carroll. Liverpool's handling of him has been so cringeworthy. First of all, paying an obscene price for him, then deciding they would loan him, then listening for offers, then deciding that he won't be loaned only sold, then loaning him again, blah blah.

Just terrible. West Ham have agreed a loan fee with Liverpool, but he doesn't want to go there. Just a complete mess.

first competitive match of the season over and done with, a slightly uncomfortable 2-1 win for Celtic over HJK Helsinki

sloppy goal conceded but got the win in the end, probably need to score in the away leg to go through, but will at least have had 1 league game played by then!

With Europe being the main focus this season (for obvious reasons) a little Champions League football would be something to look forward to!

Just a complete mess.

..but we all know things have been a complete mess at Liverpool for years now :hmm:

Andy Carroll definitely grew on me towards the end of last season and gave glimpses of the player we saw at Newcastle but it seems inevitable that he will be pushed out the door this month. I can see it dragging out into another deadline day frenzy :nono:

I also find it ridiculous that we've now reached a third consecutive summer transfer window where the future of Alberto Aquilani is still being discussed. Either he stays and gets a chance with Brendan Rodgers, which I would personally prefer, or he gets shipped out to whichever team will have him. It needs to end NOW!

I can't say I'm particularly encouraged by the potential signings that we've heard about in recent weeks either..

..but we all know things have been a complete mess at Liverpool for years now :hmm:

Andy Carroll definitely grew on me towards the end of last season and gave glimpses of the player we saw at Newcastle but it seems inevitable that he will be pushed out the door this month. I can see it dragging out into another deadline day frenzy :nono:

I also find it ridiculous that we've now reached a third consecutive summer transfer window where the future of Alberto Aquilani is still being discussed. Either he stays and gets a chance with Brendan Rodgers, which I would personally prefer, or he gets shipped out to whichever team will have him. It needs to end NOW!

I can't say I'm particularly encouraged by the potential signings that we've heard about in recent weeks either..

I agree with everything you've said here.

Like others I feel really sorry for Andy. He shone at the end of the season and played really well when given the chance at the Euros. I really think he's a decent player and I would like him to stay but I just can't see it happening at this point.

The signings/potential signings, for me, are neither here nor there. I'm not excited by them or disappointed by them, I just have a feeling of meh.

I'm still looking forward to this new season though. I'm eager to see the return of Lucas, who we sorely missed last season, IMO. I always slagged him of during the Rafa years, but the guy has developed into a key player for us.

Its worrying that rumours of teams wanting Skrtel or Agger keep popping up. Rodgers should really squash those, we need both of those players staying right where they are.

Santi Cazorla will arrive in London this week for a medical with Arsenal.

A deal worth around €22million (£17.3million) looks set to be agreed between the two clubs.

Got my season ticket in the post today and bought my ticket for Stoke away yesterday. Bring on the announcement of Cazorla signing and the start of the season! Up the Arsenal!

Would love to see Cazorla in the Premier League.

I'm not sure what to make of this talk about Lucas Moura. Clearly the guy is excellent, but I'm almost certain that he won't come to United. Part of me wonders whether or not we are making bids to show that "hey, we still have money!" rather than it being serious. 30 million+ for a 19 year old is insane, but I've also been reading that his original price was around 23million, which we bid, before Sao Paulo hiked up the price.

This is a crazy amount of money were going to get from a shirt sponsorship!

Manchester United's seven-year shirt sponsorship deal with General Motors' Chevrolet brand is worth a record-breaking $559m (£357m), it has been revealed.

This works out at almost $80m (£51m) a year, more than double the £19.6m insurer Aon is now paying to have its brand on the Premier League team's shirts.

The news comes as fans opposed to the club's flotation in New York called for a boycott of sponsors' products to put pressure on the US owners to ditch the plan.

The Manchester United Supporters Trust (Must) has accused the Glazer family of hurting the team's performance by saddling it with debt in a £790m takeover in 2005.

It has also been angered after the Glazers said they would raise up to $167m (£106m) themselves in the flotation after initially saying all the proceeds would be used to cut the debt.

Manchester United players in Shanghai, China Man Utd's currently shirt sponsor is AON

GM announced the Chevrolet sponsorship deal on Monday, hours after saying that Joel Ewanick, its chief marketing officer, had "failed to meet the expectations that a company has of an employee" and was leaving.

Man Utd then revealed the Chevrolet agreement figures on Friday in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing as part of the club's planned initial public offering of stock.

Chevrolet takes over from Aon starting in the 2014-15 season.

The deal smashed the previous record set by the Qatar Foundation’s sponsorship of Barcelona, worth $39.1m (£25m) a year.

Man Utd, which is estimated to have 659 million global followers - almost one in 10 of the population - said it will receive $70m (£44m) during the first season of the new deal.

This will rise by 2.1% a year until it ends in the 2020-21 season.

As recently as 2006, Vodafone was paying only about £8m a year to sponsor the club's kit.

It was followed by AIG, which paid £14.1m a year between June 2007 and June 2010.

http://news.sky.com/story/968820/man-utd-smashes-shirt-sponsorship-record

Bring back Sharp Viewcam.

Haha!

That deal is insane. o_O

I had a fucking weird dream last night. I dreamt that I was watching a match at Old Trafford with my mate from school, who is an Arsenal fan. Seemed really odd. I woke up convinced that I was actually there.

No more can @MadDog go on about Liverpool's sponsorship deal :p

At least he can finally celebrate Downing scoring a goal!

At least he can finally celebrate Downing scoring a goal!

I purposely didn't say anything about that in here in case it reminded him!

No more can @MadDog go on about Liverpool's sponsorship deal :p

ah but it's not the Liverpool sponsorship deal that was the biggest it was the deal from the kit maker