NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Really? That's one of the things i dislike most about football. Not those two,(they're lovely) but how people get all irate and angry about their arbitrarily assigned teams. It's always seemed a bit 'playground' to me.

Well, not every fan is like that. But, football is intended to stir up emotion. It's great that it gets people talking. Yes, there are fans who take it too far, the extremists who go out looking for fights and inciting violence. But, they are very much in the minority. The majority of the fans who will passionate about their team, as well as the sport itself.

I'd be a complete liar if I said I didn't get irate or angry over the years with the game. But, you can't really feel the joy and euphoria of the game unless you feel those emotions, too. I wouldn't change it or the fans for anything. What would be the point of supporting a team if you felt nothing?

Edit: Sorry if this post doesn't make sense in places. I'm cooking a lamb curry.

I thought there was a certain lambiness to your post. Makes sense now.

Confirmed that rangers newco will be starting in Scottish division 3.

The right thing was done today.

4752727_460s.jpg

There is a rather disturbing pattern there...

Those players that left Arsenal most of them have played well and hard through most of their career at Arsenal, trying to win silverware with Arsenal. Henry, Cesc, Toure & Clichy all put in the hard yards, they were let down by other team members and many stupid mistakes especially in the DF/GK department... *sigh* Almunia, that guy was like poison.

btw Henry won just as much trophies at Arsenal as he did in Barca, albeit at a much faster rate at FCB. Toure had seen success with the Gunners as well. But people like Nasri & Adebayor the manor in which they left was not very good, and following RVP's recent comments, he won't be leaving AFC in a good way either, which is sad to see, he's been a loyal servant although being plagued by injuries throughout his time.

anyway Arsenal new away kit.

New-Arsenal-Away-Shirt-2012-13.jpg

What do you guys think? Personally I like purple (2nd favourite colour) but with the dark shorts, you don't get that 'Arsenal' feel. Usually Black shorts/dark kits I represent with Man Utd.

The GK kit...no.

EDIT: I originally thought the shorts were black, they're not.

4752727_460s.jpg

There is a rather disturbing pattern there...

You missed out Hleb.

The Terry verdict is a joke. The reasons are pathetic.

knew the scumbag would get off!

now lets see what the FA do? Guessing as it is the 'English Lion' John Terry he will get no punishment.

Horay for SFL clubs doing the right thing and sticking Rangers into Div 3, well done.

I'm still confused on the situation of the Rangers players though?

From what I understand, all player contracts from Oldco Rangers were transfered to Newco Rangers so all players are still contracted to play and work for Newco Rangers though I imagine most (if not all) don't want to be down in Div 3 and want out (international careers could be at stake) but Rangers don't want or won't let them go?

or has this changed with Naismith winning his objection and moving to Everton... are all the players free agents now?

Horay for SFL clubs doing the right thing and sticking Rangers into Div 3, well done.

I'm still confused on the situation of the Rangers players though?

From what I understand, all player contracts from Oldco Rangers were transfered to Newco Rangers so all players are still contracted to play and work for Newco Rangers though I imagine most (if not all) don't want to be down in Div 3 and want out (international careers could be at stake) but Rangers don't want or won't let them go?

or has this changed with Naismith winning his objection and moving to Everton... are all the players free agents now?

rangers newco think the players contracts transferred over but they wont be able to stop any player leaving.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-division/2279

I'm SO surprised the Liverpool players are annoyed. Obviously they defend Suarez until their throats are gone but obviously Terry must be racist.

It was Suárez's word vs Evra's word. No concrete evidence of anything, other than their own words. Video evidence of Terry saying it, Terry says he didn't mean it. Not guilty.

Make sense of that.

Have to agree with MadDog. The whole trial has been a farce. Everyone knew he would get off, anyway. I wonder if he wasn't English if the outcome would've been the same.

Even as a Chelsea supporter, I agree. Ferdinand come out of it pretty badly as well. Waste of taxpayers' money.

I like most can't believe the John Terry verdict. I'd argue the context he was saying the words in doesn't matter the offence has been caused because he said the words.

Anyway looks like despite Rangers accepting their demotion to Division 3 there are still plans a foot to prevent that happening with the formation of SPL2.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/13/rangers-scottish-third-division

I'd like to think english football wouldn't allow the same to happen if say Manchester United went bust seem as they have kicked other teams for financial irregularities etc....look at Luton

I like most can't believe the John Terry verdict. I'd argue the context he was saying the words in doesn't matter the offence has been caused because he said the words.

Anyway looks like despite Rangers accepting their demotion to Division 3 there are still plans a foot to prevent that happening with the formation of SPL2.

I'd like to think english football wouldn't allow the same to happen if say Manchester United went bust seem as they have kicked other teams for financial irregularities etc....look at Luton

I'd like to think after the MK Dons situation the English FA has learnt it's lesson on new teams. If I'm not mistake there was talk recently about them dropping Dons from their name, that then would be bullshit.

10 years to get your 'new' city and established team:

1. Buy out a club in trouble

2. Move them to your city whilst incorporating the previous teams nickname

3. Once time has passed and every refers to you as Franchise FC drop the old nickname.

4. Job done.

Bloody hell the SPL and SFA are going to do more to destory Scottish Football than Ranger starting in Div 3 will.

If they go and make an SPL2 just to get Rangers closer to the top flight with it being so close to the start of the season surely that can only be seen as corruption. Bending over backwards to try and benifit one club (and their own pockets) when if it were any other club (bar Celtic) they would shoved to Div 3 without a 2nd thought. Would such a thing be aggainst some kind of UEFA or FIFA rule?

If they somehow pull together and offer clubs an SPL2 I hope the clubs reject it or if not I hope the fans follow through when they said they would boycott matches. Which would surely do a lot more long term financial damage than whatever short term gains will be recieved by lessning the justified punishment Rangers should be getting.

Bloody hell the SPL and SFA are going to do more to destory Scottish Football than Ranger starting in Div 3 will.

If they go and make an SPL2 just to get Rangers closer to the top flight with it being so close to the start of the season surely that can only be seen as corruption. Bending over backwards to try and benifit one club (and their own pockets) when if it were any other club (bar Celtic) they would shoved to Div 3 without a 2nd thought. Would such a thing be aggainst some kind of UEFA or FIFA rule?

If they somehow pull together and offer clubs an SPL2 I hope the clubs reject it or if not I hope the fans follow through when they said they would boycott matches. Which would surely do a lot more long term financial damage than whatever short term gains will be recieved by lessning the justified punishment Rangers should be getting.

If Rangers newco are put into some new SPL2 then whats to stop other clubs going into liquidation as they can just setup a newco and Will NOT be put in the bottom division.

Hearts are £30m in debt. If they were to liquidate and setup a newco they could take the SPL/SFL to court if they put in the bottom division.

I'd like to think after the MK Dons situation the English FA has learnt it's lesson on new teams. If I'm not mistake there was talk recently about them dropping Dons from their name, that then would be bullshit.

10 years to get your 'new' city and established team:

1. Buy out a club in trouble

2. Move them to your city whilst incorporating the previous teams nickname

3. Once time has passed and every refers to you as Franchise FC drop the old nickname.

4. Job done.

Yes that was a weird one seem as they bought a club and moved them wholesale...I guess in theory the practice is no different to buying a club and moving stadiums but obviously is is way way more than that.

If Rangers newco are put into some new SPL2 then whats to stop other clubs going into liquidation as they can just setup a newco and Will NOT be put in the bottom division.

Hearts are £30m in debt. If they were to liquidate and setup a newco they could take the SPL/SFL to court if they put in the bottom division.

Yeah Hearts problems have been well reported so what is to stop them doing. The whole thing stinks they made their decision now it's time to stick with it and keep integretiy alive and live with the consequences. If the consequences then lead to collapse and drastic restructuring then fair enough at which point Rangers should be treated like any other Division 3 team.

Dundee have been invited to join the SPL.

That, hopefully, is that.

This story has gone on far too long and I think all Scottish football fans are looking forward to the build up to the new season!

How was the decision to invite Dundee made? where they relegated last season or 1st division runners up or something?

or just pot luck / Have the biggest stadium / financially the best choice?

How was the decision to invite Dundee made? where they relegated last season or 1st division runners up or something?

or just pot luck / Have the biggest stadium / financially the best choice?

1st Division runners up and they were financially the best choice (largest stadium, large fan base and there will now be a Dundee derby.

Dunfermline's argument was that there have been seasons in the past where teams haven't been relegated. Motherwell, in 2003, finished bottom but didn't go down because Falkirk didn't meet the (ridiculous) stadium requirements of needing 10,00 seats. The average attendance is FAR lower. That rule has since changed to 6,000 seats.