NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

So who is taking the place of "Club 12" in the SPL then?

And how long till we find out if Rangers will get into Div 1 or be put where they should be in Div 3

Undecided on who will take over. Either Dunfermline won't get relegated (unlikely) or Dundee (they finished 2nd in the First Division, more likely) will get promoted. SPL rules state that a team has to get relegated. Rangers technically aren't being relegated as they are starting out as a whole new company/team.

The vote is expected to be on the 12th of July, so a week from today. As things stand at least 10 clubs are expected to vote 'no' to Rangers being in the First Division and I believe they need 23/30 votes (or some say 16/30).

From what I hear, the majority of Rangers fans would prefer to start in the 3rd Divisoin.

Conveniently placed letter to gain support from the fans after yesterdays bollocks.

True enough, it's going to work with a lot of them that's for sure, I just don't want to see Kroenke at the helm anymore.

True enough, it's going to work with a lot of them that's for sure, I just don't want to see Kroenke at the helm anymore.

To be fair Kroenke isn't really at the helm, he owns the club and sits on the board. But the old guard and Ivan Gazidis are running the club still.

Nice to see our new strip isn't that purple mess that was rumoured.

No it's a purple and white mess, what the hell is that tribal pattern all about?

Undecided on who will take over. Either Dunfermline won't get relegated (unlikely) or Dundee (they finished 2nd in the First Division, more likely) will get promoted. SPL rules state that a team has to get relegated. Rangers technically aren't being relegated as they are starting out as a whole new company/team.

The vote is expected to be on the 12th of July, so a week from today. As things stand at least 10 clubs are expected to vote 'no' to Rangers being in the First Division and I believe they need 23/30 votes (or some say 16/30).

From what I hear, the majority of Rangers fans would prefer to start in the 3rd Divisoin.

It's just been officially confirmed that the SFL vote will take place on Friday 13th July. A week tomorrow.

So who is taking the place of "Club 12" in the SPL then?

And how long till we find out if Rangers will get into Div 1 or be put where they should be in Div 3

There'll be a vote next Friday.

what the hell is that tribal pattern all about?

Goes well with some of their tattoos.

Meanwhile, Stenhousemuir have become the first club to confirm they will vote for newco Rangers to join the Scottish First Division.

SFL clubs will decide on 13 July which division the newly-formed club will launch in - with either the Scottish First Division or Third Division both possibilities.

The Warriors, who play in Division Two, have calculated that they will lose £50,000 a year if newco Rangers are placed in Division Three, a loss they say they cannot make without substantial cuts.

"The impact for Stenhousemuir FC of this option would be the loss of the SFL central payment aligned to the SPL settlement payment. That would total £50,000 a season," the club said in a statement.

"This is a significant amount of money for the football club and we would have to find ways to cut our costs to cover this shortfall.

"Given that we have made commitments to playing staff for this season the playing budget cannot be reduced.

"Therefore the only option open to us to make significant savings would be in scrapping our youth system to release the pitch for hire to the general public, together with a reduction in staff who oversee our community programme.

"The club does not feel any decision should be based on 'punishing' any other football clubs; that is neither our role nor our priority."

If anyone could explain this slightly better I'd appreciate it.

I don't see how new Rangers entering in Div 3 would affect the income of a div 2 team... but it wouldn't effect them if Rangers are in div 1? wft

Goal line technology has been approved. Could be in the Premier League next season according to BBC:

Finally :)

I just read another article about it which was in more detail and I'm royally confused as well.

K I've had a read through that and it seems this 50,000 that is mentioned as this Div 2 club losing is due to a payment by the SPL to the SFL which has been standard but the SPL are saying reduced revenue from potential loss of TV rights would mean the SPL would no longer have the funds to pay the SFL 2million as it did previously (of which 50,000 went to Stenhousemuir)

The whole teh statement however to me reads more like some exec from either (or all) of the SPL, SFL and SFA got in the ear of the chairman of this club and waved the short term financial gain of potential extra investment and the chairman of Stenhousemuir followed it like a horse following a carrot on a stick :heh:

quote:

Should Rangers Newco be in Division 1 of the SFL, in order to satisfy Sky and ESPN, the SPL would make a payment to the SFL of £1m/season for the broadcasting rights for Rangers Newco matches for as long as Rangers Newco remain in Division 1. This therefore was not a payment for accepting Rangers Newco into the SFL division 1 but instead a straight business deal to purchase SFL broadcasting content.

It still sounds like a bribe for allowing Rangers into Div 1 disguised as something else to me :heh:

also from the SFA

Due to the financial implications, the Scottish FA stated that they cannot allow Rangers Newco to be relegated to Division 3, given the likely ramifications for the game including a number of clubs either moving to administration and potentially subsequent liquidation as well as the impact on the playing standards etc which would emanate from reduced investment. Scottish Football would ‘wither on the vine’ and the Scottish FA could not, in their position, allow that to happen.

"Cannot Allow" them is strong words and completely shows all they care about is the money. If this were Hearts or Aberdeen or any other SPL club (with the exception of Celtic) this would not be happening. Neither the SFA, SPL or SFL would care where any other Newco had to restart and would instantly kick them down to Div 3 as should be done.

But because this is one of the "Big Two" then rules must be broken I guess.

If Rangers get into Div 1 I would hope the fans of Sternhousemuir and any other club that bends to the greedy will of the SPL, SFL and SFA vote with their feet and follow through with their words to boycot games and cause a complete cancellation of any extra income gained by having Rangers in Div 1 by a loss of ticket sales.

I just read another article about it which was in more detail and I'm royally confused as well.

Yep you're right. I thought I was getting it and then kept reading and just got as confused.

I still think they should start from Division 3 to be honest...If a team goes out bust and reforms in England they lose their share in the football league and their registration is revoked...

It's so poor that a decision hasn't been made by now. We're barely weeks away from starting the new season in Scotland. How can a team not know which division they are playing in, with it being so close to the start?

Just put them in the third, and have it done with. It's a farce now.

I don't even care anymore. Just put them in a league ffs. Sick of hearing about it.

How do people think Villas-Boas will do at Spurs? I think he will start badly, but if given time, he would do a decent job. Basically what happened (well half of it) at Chelski.

[/changingsubject]

I don't even care anymore. Just put them in a league ffs. Sick of hearing about it.

How do people think Villas-Boas will do at Spurs? I think he will start badly, but if given time, he would do a decent job. Basically what happened (well half of it) at Chelski.

[/changingsubject]

Chelsea is a hard place to work, as results are wanted immediately. It was obvious what AVB was trying to do, trying to bring in a new era to the club, and that was going to take a long time. In a way, it wasn't right him being at that club, since none of the recent managers there have been given time. You either achieve results quickly, or you're out.

Depends on how those at the top of Spurs see it. If they see it in the same way, he won't last the season. If they are willing to give him time, and in exchange set their expectations a bit lower, he might do well.

Chelsea is a hard place to work, as results are wanted immediately. It was obvious what AVB was trying to do, trying to bring in a new era to the club, and that was going to take a long time. In a way, it wasn't right him being at that club, since none of the recent managers there have been given time. You either achieve results quickly, or you're out.

Depends on how those at the top of Spurs see it. If they see it in the same way, he won't last the season. If they are willing to give him time, and in exchange set their expectations a bit lower, he might do well.

I don't know, from what I've gathered of his time at Porto Spurs are potentially a much better fit to his playing style than Chelsea were, and with a generally young-ish squad I don't think there'll be as much of a need for a 'new era' or any major changes in the team. Can't see too much potential for ego clashes from the senior players (maybe Gallas, VDV at a push?) either, which will help.

I'd imagine the Spurs board will be willing to take their time, as long as they don't stray from the top four..

The only worry is that with Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool all potentially starting the season really strongly, he'll need a good start to stay in the running for a champions league spot.

I'll be interested to see if he tries to go for the UEFA cup with Spurs - considering winning it was one of his big coaching achievements, but I don't think anyone in England could care less about it..

Exciting time to be a Spurs fan in any case, rumoured to be in the market for a few big buys this summer... Also, as a ginger Spurs fan I'm glad they've gone for another of my kind at the helm, haha.

How does everyone think Arsenal will fair next season without the goal machine, in other news?

I don't thinks it's practical to judge how Arsenal will fair next season, big names have come and gone and we still always make the champions league, Though if Van Persie doesn't finish his contract it's all down to how Giroud and Podolski acclimatize to the Premier League. But as we know, still plenty of time in the transfer window for things to change.

Also Spurs have managed to agree to sign Jan Vertonghen. Bit disappointed Arsene didn't feel we needed him, maybe we don't but it would have been nice to have both Belgian international centre backs partnering each other.

How does everyone think Arsenal will fair next season without the goal machine, in other news?

The same as we have done every year, settling for Champions League qualification otherwise known as 'The Wenger Trophy'. I don't see van Persie's departure affecting us that much, we survived several seasons of him sitting on the physio's table, last season was the only year we truly relied on him. And we've already strengthened up front.

Also Spurs have managed to agree to sign Jan Vertonghen. Bit disappointed Arsene didn't feel we needed him, maybe we don't but it would have been nice to have both Belgian international centre backs partnering each other.

I've not watched enough of Vertonghen, however Koscielny became our best centre back last season. I can't see Wenger breaking up the Kos/Verm connection, and with the BFG third choice and Djourou fourth. I reckon we've got a solid centre back setup.

Edited by Ramar

Park has signed for QPR. Will miss the guy, as he has been fantastic for us over the years. Genuinely nice person as well, should be a good role model for some of the guys at the club there.

Think it is the right time for him to go, as we need to bring in some new players to spice up that midfield. Needs more creativity.

All the best, Park!

Park has signed for QPR.

Genuinely nice person as well, should be a good role model for some of the guys at the club there.

Ha! Barton?

Park has signed for QPR. Will miss the guy, as he has been fantastic for us over the years. Genuinely nice person as well, should be a good role model for some of the guys at the club there.

Think it is the right time for him to go, as we need to bring in some new players to spice up that midfield. Needs more creativity.

All the best, Park!

Fuck off, QPR away was hard enough for us last season. Now they've got a definite goal against us before we've even kicked a ball. :heh:

Do like Ji-Sung Park though, one of those guys who puts in a shift with very little fuss. Very surprised to see him leave Man Utd.