NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Aberdeen plan to vote against a Rangers 'newco' being admitted to the Scottish Premier League, bringing the number of clubs in opposition to three.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18539483

Another club out which more than likely brings the number up to 4 (although Celtic haven't officially said anything, the fans will revolt if they say anything other than no).

Motherwell are letting their supporters decide how they vote and I imagine that will go the same way as Aberdeen...

Dundee, Hearts & Celtic, plus just 2 more? That only makes 5? What if the other 7 vote yes?

I would have thought it would need to at least be 7 no to 5 yes?

Just a thought what happens if it's 6-6 :heh:

An 8-to-4 majority of SPL clubs, including Rangers, is required for the newco to be admitted.

Edited by Charlie
Automerged Doublepost

The Almighty Dragooooo believe that Rangers NewcomNeverLusenUnited should not be reinstated to the Top League. They should be forced to start at the bottom, along with AC Elites and Cubic County.

In addition to this, Rangers SubmarineSixtyFourthers should be fined 10,000,000econ and be banned from form training their players over the duration of the season. They are also banned from using the "long ball" "offensive" and "pressure" options in their strategies.

Away from the SPL, but slightly connected to the Euro's...

There is a lot of banter on BBC Live sport regarding who is the best player in the world currently.

Obviously this is due to Ronaldo scoring last night, now having 3 goals, and close to his first international honour, compared to Messi with Argentina, and scoring a hat trick against Brazil.

Then they are saying to be truly considered one of the greatest players of all time they need to have international silverware to be compared to the likes of Maradona and Pele.

Do you believe that a player needs to have International credentials against them to be considered one of the best players of all time?

And another thing...

Should Portugal win the Euros.... then 2 years later Argentina win the world cup.

Does that make Messi the better player then because the World cup is the more prestigious international competition?

What if Portugal win the Euros, Argentina win the Copa America... but neither win the World cup.

Does that make them equal, or does the Euro's have a higher prestige than the Copa America?

sorry for the ramble, currently discussing this with one of my friends, and we're unsure of the ramifications of what truly makes one better than the other.

Do you believe that a player needs to have International credentials against them to be considered one of the best players of all time?

No.. I've heard this sort of thing being talked about before by people and I just find it absolutely ridiculous and, in some ways, infuriating :mad:

"Messi isn't the best player in the world.. he's never won a World Cup.."

I find that kind of thinking pathetic. If there was an unbelievable player born in one of the lowest ranked countries in the world, why should his abilities as a player be scrutinized just because he'll never win anything at international level?

A brilliant player is a brilliant player.. it's as simple as that!

No.. I've heard this sort of thing being talked about before by people and I just find it absolutely ridiculous and, in some ways, infuriating :mad:

"Messi isn't the best player in the world.. he's never won a World Cup.."

I find that kind of thinking pathetic. If there was an unbelievable player born in one of the lowest ranked countries in the world, why should his abilities as a player be scrutinized just because he'll never win anything at international level?

A brilliant player is a brilliant player.. it's as simple as that!

Exactly...

Johan-Cruyff.jpg

George+Best.jpg

article-0-0078CB230000044C-689_468x596.jpg

and to a lesser extent...

George Weah, Roberto Baggio, Ryan Giggs, Luis Figo... Some the greatest players of all time.

I totally agree. I think the point they are trying to make is that you can't be considered the GOAT unless you've played at absolutely the highest level, so the World Cup. That's unfair though as some players just will never get that opportunity.

Falkirk Statement

Martin Ritchie Statement

Martin Ritchie has responded to the many requests the Club have had regarding the Rangers situation. The Chairman has requested we post the following statement for our fanbase :

“Many supporters have expressed concerns regarding the potential ‘Rangers Newco’ outcomes and their impact on Scottish football, the SFL and our own club. We clearly have no say on whether the SPL wish to accept the ‘Newco’into their league next season. “

“However, as a member of the SFL, we do have a say in whether a ‘Newco’would be admitted into the SFL. David Longmuir, Chief Executive of the SFL, contacted all SFL clubs this week and assured them that any meaningful proposals would be put before all SFL members.”

“The board at Falkirk FC strongly believe the current turmoil should be a catalyst for change in Scottish Football. League reconstruction, First Division play-offs, a fairer distribution of the game’s wealth and the ending of undemocratic voting systems should be the minimum level of change.”

“It would be totally unacceptable if a “Rangers Newco” were admitted to the First Division on the current rules. Even a weakened “Rangers Newco” would have resources that far outstripped all other First Division clubs and this would pretty much guarantee them promotion before the season even starts.”

“Fairness is a word not often quoted in the current situation. However, I think it is worth reminding everyone that when Falkirk FC were faced with provisional liquidation in 1998, the new consortium of owners paid every creditor (including the Inland Revenue) in full, i.e. 100 pence in the pound. If we had gone down the route taken by many clubs since then, paying only a fraction to their creditors, we would have had the resources to accelerate the development of our stadium and make an earlier return to the SPL.”

“Any decisions taken by our board will be made in the best interests of our club and of Scottish football.”

Martin Ritchie (Chairman)

He speaks the truth. I'm, not surprised, but appalled by the talk of Rangers going into the First Division. There's no way that it should even be considered, let alone allowed.

He's definitely right about the change. The SPL/Frst Division is the only league in Europe where only one team gets promoted.

Dundee United*

Sorry - wasn't being sarcastic for once. Just thought I'd missed something!

Sorry - wasn't being sarcastic for once. Just thought I'd missed something!

Nah just a (huge) balls-up on my part haha.

I'm not quite sure what that Falkirk statement is saying?

Is it saying they would prefer Rangers Newco in the SPL?

Suggesting that allowing Rangers in the 1st Div would be wrong cause they would have enough resources to gaurantee promotion in one season would kinda apply to 2nd and 3rd Div too if you look at it like that?

Though what is the current situation on Rangers players? Are they contracted to Rangers Newco? I assumed all were bascially free agents now and would have thought rather than wait around some would have already signed with new clubs. Any players that haven't yet done that I would assume wouldn't be likely to stick around if Ranger Newco don't get back into the SPL, especially any players with international prospects?

Messi is the best player in the world. It's as simple as that. Ask any defender in the world who they'd rather play against, Ronaldo or Messi. 99% would say they'd prefer to face Ronaldo.

I'm not quite sure what that Falkirk statement is saying?

Is it saying they would prefer Rangers Newco in the SPL?

Suggesting that allowing Rangers in the 1st Div would be wrong cause they would have enough resources to gaurantee promotion in one season would kinda apply to 2nd and 3rd Div too if you look at it like that?

Though what is the current situation on Rangers players? Are they contracted to Rangers Newco? I assumed all were bascially free agents now and would have thought rather than wait around some would have already signed with new clubs. Any players that haven't yet done that I would assume wouldn't be likely to stick around if Ranger Newco don't get back into the SPL, especially any players with international prospects?

There is rumors that the corrupt SPL and SFL are trying to come to an agreement to allow newco into the 1st division. This would mean they only outside the SPL for one year!

Its disgraceful but again I am not surprised that the authorities in Scottish football are bending over backwards for Govan FC!

Falkirk are kinda misleading with that statement as they say it would be unacceptable for newco to join 1st division under the current rules.. Sounds like if rules are changed they would allow it. The fans do not agree though! any newco should have to start at the bottom.

Apparently St Johnston have said they will vote no against newco. It really is looking bad for the blue side of Glasgow.

Regarding players contracts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18560798

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2820089

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has this afternoon released the following statement.

He said: "It has been reported that a couple of players have indicated they want to challenge the transfer of their contracts. This is news to me and no player has spoken to me about it.

"At all times during my first year as manager, I strived to show players respect and in return would have hoped they would have shown me, and more importantly the club, respect by notifying us of their intentions before making it known elsewhere.

"Players have their own decisions to make and I understand that, but the question they have to ask themselves is do they want to play for Rangers or not?

"The formation of a new company is not the issue. The players would be playing for the same club - Rangers - in front of the same fans.

"If players want to leave and play somewhere else then they should be honest with the Rangers supporters.

"I don't want Rangers fans to be reading over the next few days how devastated players are about having to go. The fans deserve better than that. They are not daft.

"I can understand if a player has the chance to go somewhere else and there is uncertainty about which division we will be playing in.

"If that is the case that is understandable but they should not expect sympathy from Rangers supporters if they use the transfer of contracts as an excuse.

"I already know there are agents touting my players all over the United Kingdom, so let's be brutally honest.

"We are in a difficult situation and the contracts issue has given some players and agents the belief they can use it to leave the club.

"After all that the club and the fans have gone through, the supporters, above all, deserve the truth and should not have to listen to stories trying to sugar-coat the possible departure of players from the club.

"The players were magnificent last season and made great sacrifices and that will never be forgotten.

"Now, we have to look forward and everyone should be upfront and honest about their intentions."

Rangers CEO Charles Green added: "We are meeting the PFA Scotland and their legal advisers on Monday with a view to allaying players' concerns about the transfer of contracts so the timing of these announcements by players is hard to understand.

"The transfer of contracts has already happened and the club's clear legal advice is that players' purported objection is ineffective.

"Rangers would like to make it abundantly clear to players, agents and the chairmen and managers of other football clubs that we will take whatever steps necessary to challenge what we regard as a breach of contract to protect the interests of our club."

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/the-five-stages-of-liquidation/#more-2878

2l9gh.gif

Edited by khilafah

This is alot more important than the match tonight.

Real Betis player and ex-Liverpool player Miki Roque died of cancer at the age of 23.

It's so sad and tragic to think he's only 3 years older than me.

RIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

Rangers will not be in the SPL next season.

very happy to see these 6 clubs not listen to the doom and gloom scare tactics by certain people in the media.

If they go to division 3 all the players will leave.

Its all over for Govern FC. :santa:

When asked his opinion of this latest development, Ally McCoist stated sadly... "This is a dark time for us. Probably the worst in our entire five day history" :)

dont be surprised if newco go into administration as the money isnt their!!

Edited by khilafah

Well, if nothing else, this has been the most exciting thing to happen in Scottish football in recent memory.

I think for the integrity of the scottish game they simply had to do what they have done. No doubt in my mind they are doing the right things. Don't let the "lost" revenue totally govern the choices and instead stick to your guns and make the right choices for the good of the game. I mean technically speaking this gives another team a chance to step up to the champions league but whether they actually qualifies is another matter all together. I'd love to see another team step up and genuinely see this as a chance to challenge for the league but I can't see it happen.

If Rangers do go into the First Division, which has been touted as a possibilty, then that would be even worse for footballing integrity than if they stayed in the SPL.

There's no possible way they can go to the First Division. If they want to apply for the SFL they can and if accepted they would go to the 3rd Division.

Beckham has been left out of the Team GB squad for the Olympics.

Another case of Stuart Pearce being a dick just because he likes the media attention and controversy.

Beckham has been left out of the Team GB squad for the Olympics.

Another case of Stuart Pearce being a dick just because he likes the media attention and controversy.

Seems a bit daft, had thought he'd be gauranteed a spot on it... wasn't he like on of the ambassadors or something on the commitee for getting London selected for the games.

Found this on twitter with the caption

"Beckham spotted outside Stuart Pearce's house"

AwezpRXCMAE4rn0.jpg