NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Park has signed for QPR. Will miss the guy, as he has been fantastic for us over the years. Genuinely nice person as well, should be a good role model for some of the guys at the club there.

Think it is the right time for him to go, as we need to bring in some new players to spice up that midfield. Needs more creativity.

All the best, Park!

Yeah has always been a good player who deserves all the praise he gets always doing what's asked of him.

I don't mean to be a cynic but Man Utd sign a new Asian player and Park leaves?

Well he's hardly featured last season so you can understand him wanting to move on.

and yes United are covered on the Asian markets with the signing of Kagawa, but they're both good players so I'm sure that came secondary to the footballing side

Thanks for your years of dedicated service Park,

We've just lost 50million Korean fans now then :p

Ha! Barton?

That was my initial thought. :heh:

Barton just needs putting down at this point. Or, just lock him in a room with bread, water and his beloved twitter. Don't release him, except for Christmas.

Fuck off, QPR away was hard enough for us last season. Now they've got a definite goal against us before we've even kicked a ball. :heh:

Do like Ji-Sung Park though, one of those guys who puts in a shift with very little fuss. Very surprised to see him leave Man Utd.

Haha, I will miss his mandatory goals against Arsenal. Would love it if he continued that at QPR. ;)

Yeah has always been a good player who deserves all the praise he gets always doing what's asked of him.

I don't mean to be a cynic but Man Utd sign a new Asian player and Park leaves?

Hmm, I wouldn't really think of it that way. He's been getting less opportunities, especially last season. Valencia and Nani have secured their positions on the wing, and Young has also performed well there, too. He can play in the middle, but he's not really the player United needs at the moment.

Kagawa looks excellent. We need more goals from midfield, and his stats from last season at Dortmund are brilliant. 13 league goals. We needed that.

Still would like us to sign another midfielder. The dream signing would be somebody like Sneijder, but that isn't going to happen.

United apparently have people in Brazil today looking into Lucas Moura, and more than likely bullshit but apparently Moutinho will be signing with either United or Spurs.

I love transfer window time, but also really do hate it.

He can play in the middle, but he's not really the player United needs at the moment.

Sorry read that part and all I could think of was....

[in a raspy voice]

He's the player United deserve...but not the one they need right now :heh:

[/raspy voice]

Suárez scored 3 more goals for Uruguay tonight, meaning he's 3 away from being their all time top goal scorer.

Excellent achievement for a 25 year old. :D

Suárez scored 3 more goals for Uruguay tonight, meaning he's 3 away from being their all time top goal scorer.

Excellent achievement for a 25 year old. :D

Can't imagine it's hard when you regularly play sub par teams like Venezuela, Bolivia, Chile etc. :awesome:

I'm 32 years old and I don't think I've even been so excited about being a spurs fan since 91! Glad Harry "run around a bit" Redknapp is gone, and I'm really excited about boas. I positive we'll go with his vision, our squad isn't full of pricks like Chelsea and much much younger. They'll embrace it. It's levys philosophy too (going young). The new training ground, the new stadium will get started this year and were going to invest heavily in players this summer.

Sigurdsson and Verhogen in are quality. Adebayor for 5m (insane) tomorrow. Mouthino in to replace modric and lloris by next week. That's an awesome start to the window and a far cry from Saha and Nielsen on the final day wonders of Harry.

A winger and another striker and get rid of some deadwood and I think we'll have an incredible squad.

And we'll take all the cups very very seriously.

Very exciting!

Chile are hardly subpar, they're top of the WC qualifying group. It's probably harder to qualify out the south american section than the european groups.

European groups are mainly 1, or 2 at most, good teams and the rest are dross. That's 2 potentially tricky games to qualify.

Uruguay have to play Argentina, Chile, and usually Brazil. Ecuador and Columbia aren't bad either. That's a lot harder than playing Moldova, San Marino and Montenegro. :p

I'm 32 years old and I don't think I've even been so excited about being a spurs fan since 91! Glad Harry "run around a bit" Redknapp is gone, and I'm really excited about boas. I positive we'll go with his vision, our squad isn't full of pricks like Chelsea and much much younger. They'll embrace it. It's levys philosophy too (going young). The new training ground, the new stadium will get started this year and were going to invest heavily in players this summer.

Sigurdsson and Verhogen in are quality. Adebayor for 5m (insane) tomorrow. Mouthino in to replace modric and lloris by next week. That's an awesome start to the window and a far cry from Saha and Nielsen on the final day wonders of Harry.

A winger and another striker and get rid of some deadwood and I think we'll have an incredible squad.

And we'll take all the cups very very seriously.

Very exciting!

Firstly, Vertonghen has great ability, but who knows how he will settle in the PL. Adebayor isn't that good really. Modric is twice the player Moutinho is.

And Lloris said 'a great European club' could tempt him. You don't fall into that category. :D

Hmm, there won't be any instant success for Spurs. It's clearly a new era for the club, so the fans and the board will have to be patient. Moutinho would be an excellent signing for Spurs, as would Lloris.

The area they need to improve on is up front. Ade is a good striker and performed well for Spurs. But, they need another one, preferably two strikers. There will inevitably be points in the season where Ade (if he does sign) will go quiet, and that's when you look at bringing other players on to freshen it up. I'm not sure how much longer Defoe will be there, I feel his time may be coming to an end at the club, if not this season then possibly the next.

AVB will only play One striker, so ideally two and maybe a winger forward who can play there (Remy, Sturridge type of player). I really do think we'll hit the ground running; though if patience is needed then fair enough.

And Lloris won't join Spurs? Want to bet? And although Modric is the better player, and proven in the premiership, mouthino is an excellent replacement and probably the best we could expect to get, modric will fund Mouthino and even the player who chose Spurs over your "great" club even though he's worked with Rodgers loads!

----------------Lloris

Walker--Kaboul--Verthongen--Ekotto

-------------Sandro-------------

-------------------Mouthino---------

---------Sigurdsson---------------

VDV---------------------Bale

----------Adebayor----------------

That's a pretty great starting lineup and doesn't even include Parker, Lennon etc.

Really. Have you ever seen Sandro play? Plus Mouthino is way more solid than modric defensively.

When we play away at some of the tougher teams, then we'll play

-----Sandro--Parker----

--------Mouthino-------

Really. Have you ever seen Sandro play?

No, I shut my eyes as Tomas Rosicky ran rings around him...

No, I shut my eyes as Tomas Rosicky ran rings around him...

Rosikcy couldn't run rings around anyone!!

You're no problems for us anymore. You were an absolute one man army last year, and that one man has gone!!

This is why I love the football in this country. Seeing you two go at it (in a non-bumsex way) makes me miss football.

Also, I expect Verthongen to do well for Spurs.

Will spurs keep hold of VDV? Thought he was being courted by German and UAE teams?

This is why I love the football in this country. Seeing you two go at it (in a non-bumsex way) makes me miss football.

Also, I expect Verthongen to do well for Spurs.

In a non-bumsex way... for now!!!!

I think he'll be great for us, but I always think that :)

I reckon VDV will stay to be honest. There are rumours he doesn't fit into AVB's system but I can seem him as the Hulk role (for his porto; or Sturridge in his Chelsea), right wing who comes more centrally!

Rosikcy couldn't run rings around anyone!!

You're no problems for us anymore. You were an absolute one man army last year, and that one man has gone!!

Last season should have been an eye opener for you.

"Spurs' best side since time began"

"Arsenal's worst start to a season in god knows how long"

Your man using his arm to score against us and dodges a 2nd yellow card.

13 point gap. You fucked it up.

We pulled your pants down at the Emirates when you started talking billy big balls. 2 nil and you fucked it up?

5pur2lodnonisred.jpg

Two factors. One, we had harry redknapp who completely buckled when the ENgland job became available, and two your one man army had the one man who won't be there next season.

Van persie is leaving, saying Arsenal simply don't have any ambition to win anything, and he wants to win stuff. Our players and manager are saying they are there to win stuff. Completely different mind sets!

I'm not just saying it, but I think Arsenal, unless they pull out some incredible signings, will find it even harder than last season. You've been on a very slow downward movement for years, and it's going to continue.

Here we go again. Dazzy, I'll let our football do the talking. You big up anything at your club, this time last year Ol'Arry was the messiah.

Hmmm, I appreciate everything he's done, and he was very successful. But I've never been a mega harry fan. Think he'll be perfect for international football, but tactically non-existent, crap in the transfer market and never takes any blame.

But yeah, of course the football will do the talking. But isn't the banter that surrounds it equally as fun?! To call back these conversations when they come to bite you on the bum etc?!?!

Really? That's one of the things i dislike most about football. Not those two,(they're lovely) but how people get all irate and angry about their arbitrarily assigned teams. It's always seemed a bit 'playground' to me.

But surely it's all about passion? Life should be about passion, in small ways and in big ways. if you don't care, then where's the fun? I agree the people who get angry and even violent and obnoxious about it deserve to be shot, but banter and piss taking and opinions is what makes it, well, most things.