NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Would be nice to see Ferguson show a little more respect in regards to other clubs players. Van Persie may well want to leave but he's an Arsenal player and Ferguson would do well to keep his mouth closed about trying to sign him. Lord knows he'd go off on one if it was the other way round.

Yeah, transfer dealings should be done quietly. But, the press will ask questions, so the managers will sometimes answer those.

I'm pretty sure he won't come to United. Wouldn't be surprised if he does a u-turn and decide to stay after the recent signings.

Some quality finishing from us last night. Granted the team we played are neither here nor there, but we did look sharp on the ball. Glen Johnsons goal was fantastic. :D

Looks like Barca are at it again. There's been some speculation that they are interested in Alex Song, 2 days ago we had Iniesta saying that if Song arrives, they will "Welcome him the best we can".

Now we get pique:

"We are open to his arrival," he added. "If he comes, and from what I have read he could do, we would love to have him."

Barcelona 1: Shall we buy a new player?

Barcelona 2: Sure, let me ring up Arsene.

Despite who we played, we played some promising football last night. Suárez was unplayable.

Fabio+Borini+Liverpool+v+Gomel+UEFA+Europa+Q0eIwu3qsy1l.jpg

Good to see his celebration already. ;)

Joe Allen has completed his switch to Liverpool. A good deal there, I'm sure he'll perform well for them.

I wonder what the team will look like under Rodgers. I do think that this doesn't look good for Swansea, as both Rodgers and Allen were immense for the club last season. Wouldn't be surprised at all if their form slumped and they find themselves in a relegation scrap.

Despite who we played, we played some promising football last night. Suárez was unplayable.

That's strange, because I swear I saw Rodgers play him in the Gomel game!

Allen to be the next Downing? Carroll? perhaps Aquilani? or what about Charlie Adam?

:heh:

Nice to see Brendan Rodgers continuing where Woy and King Kenny left off.

Hmm, I think that's a bit unfair on Allen. He's better than those signings because he is only 22 and has a ton of potential that I think he will ultimately realise. Linking up with Rodgers again will help him. I think he's a good transfer for Liverpool. Clearly he's a good player.

He won't score many or assist many, but it should help those around him to perform better. Aquilani was a terrible signing, and this is nowhere near that. Very unfair to even compare the two really. He's also a far better football than Charlie Adam is or will ever be. Hate him.

Hmm, I think that's a bit unfair on Allen. He's better than those signings because he is only 22 and has a ton of potential that I think he will ultimately realise. Linking up with Rodgers again will help him. I think he's a good transfer for Liverpool. Clearly he's a good player.

He won't score many or assist many, but it should help those around him to perform better. Aquilani was a terrible signing, and this is nowhere near that. Very unfair to even compare the two really. He's also a far better football than Charlie Adam is or will ever be. Hate him.

Aquilani wasn't a terrible signing, he was terribly managed, completely messed about by several managers.

Aquilani wasn't a terrible signing, he was terribly managed, completely messed about by several managers.

17 million pound player who they bought to replace Xabi Alonso. Terrible mismanaged, but has to go down as a terrible signing, too. That's almost a million per Premier League appearance. :p

I feel sorry for him.

17 million pound player who they bought to replace Xabi Alonso. Terrible mismanaged, but has to go down as a terrible signing, too. That's almost a million per Premier League appearance. :p

I feel sorry for him.

The whole deal will go down as terrible but i don't think he can blamed for it. Why spend so much money on a player and not give him a chance or two.

The whole deal will go down as terrible but i don't think he can blamed for it. Why spend so much money on a player and not give him a chance or two.

Oh, I don't blame Aquilani at all. Not his fault. He played pretty decently everytime he played. But, for Rafa, it will go down as a terrible signing on his behalf.

The season he came was Rafa's last, he came injured and that was key. He just had no momentum and couldn't make an impact. He was pretty poor in the games he did play, though.

It's a mystery why he was loaned out twice by two different managers, who knows what goes on in training, maybe his attitude isn't right? Who knows.

Hilarious to see people writing Allen off when he's been a Liverpool player for less than 24 hours. This is the problem with fans now, they don't give anyone a chance of being successful or proving themselves.

The season he came was Rafa's last, he came injured and that was key. He just had no momentum and couldn't make an impact. He was pretty poor in the games he did play, though.

It's a mystery why he was loaned out twice by two different managers, who knows what goes on in training, maybe his attitude isn't right? Who knows.

Hilarious to see people writing Allen off when he's been a Liverpool player for less than 24 hours. This is the problem with fans now, they don't give anyone a chance of being successful or proving themselves.

He's been a player in the PL for more than 24 hours, ergo people are basing their opinions on that. Joining Liverpool doesn't make you instantly an amazing player.

He's been a player in the PL for more than 24 hours, ergo people are basing their opinions on that. Joining Liverpool doesn't make you instantly an amazing player.

But he did very well for Swansea. And who said that every Liverpool player is amazing? You just made that up.

I never said someone said that :p He did well for Swansea but Adams did great for Blackpool and that's that hasn't quite panned out.

I never said someone said that :p He did well for Swansea but Adams did great for Blackpool and that's that hasn't quite panned out.

Adams...oh god. Adam* ;)

I understand your point. But then again, every single transfer has risks. You can never predict what's going to happen.

Rodgers has obviously picked his top boy from Swansea and brought him with him. Fair enough!

Besides if we want to talk about transfers that haven't worked out, I think Chelsea have a worse record than Liverpool's. Particularly for strikers.

I don't think anyone doubts the guy's ability but it's always good to whale on Liverpool :heh:

Plus, it is a lot of money for a relatively unproven player. Add to that Liverpool's recent history of big money signings.

KABOOM.

So today's glorified friendly. I'm going with a City win, 2-0. Any predictions?

Rodwell looks set to join City. Terrible for him, I think. Reminds me of the Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell deals to Chelsea. Will halt his development.