NEurope
Retro_Link

Tennis Thread

I'm doing the same as the players always say they do. Take it one step at a time. I don't want to get ahead of myself and get excited about a Brit being in the Wimbledon final!

I don't really care about the whole Brit at Wimbledon angle. I've followed Murray's career at every tournament since he came on the tour. I'm just hoping to see him win his first Grand Slam, whether that be the Australian, French, US Open or Wimbledon.

I don't really care about the whole Brit at Wimbledon angle. I've followed Murray's career at every tournament since he came on the tour. I'm just hoping to see him win his first Grand Slam, whether that be the Australian, French, US Open or Wimbledon.

As have I, but a Brit winning Wimbledon is even more special just because it is Wimbledon.

Excellent first two sets from Murray. I thought he would go on to dominate the fourth after he broke Tsonga, but then he broke Murray in the next game!

This shit is tense.

Brilliant. Get in Andy!

I think it bodes well that he had a bit of a challenge, he showed some good mental strength in the fourth.

Another excellent match. I missed the earlier Semi as I was at work, so a bit gutted about that.

Both competitors were brilliant. Such an outstanding display of tennis. Thought Tsonga battled hard, particularly in the third and then the final set, after a difficult start. Murray though, another excellent performance from him.

Sunday is going to be close. Excited.

I absolutely love Roger. I really hope he wins. I don't dislike Murray at all, i just love Federer. :love:

Same as Madpool. I will be rooting for Federer!

Luckily, I can see this match, and only this, on tv of the available channels I have, so I don't have to resort in less than reliable streams.

After Wimbledon, I hope Federer goes on to win the Olympics. He deserves it.

I went absolutely mental when Murray won. Was really nervous during the 4th set but he showed great mental strength to win through. I really believe he can win it.

COME ON ANDY!

Blimey, I really wasn't expecting the grumpy git to make it this year on recent form but I'll be backing him in the final. I do really like Tsonga though, so maybe a touch of disappointment there. Never mind. I just hope it doesn't overlap with the British GP too much.

C'mon Andy! C'-moooooon-Aaaaaaaaanndy!

As long as Federer doesn't win i'll be happy :heh:

I detest him so much. I'll never question his ability or what he's achieved, that would be foolish. He is an absolute prick, so arrogant and has an amazing ability to make everything about him. I remember when Djokovic beat him at the US Open last year, Rog the great said it was simply luck, or his gay little jacket he wore a few years ago.

Nadal by contrast is the complete opposite, such a humble genuinely nice guy. I never get bored of watching him make Federer cry in the Australian Open a few years back.

Love tennis, love this country ,

but hope federer wins as murray dissed england when we got knocked out :) will be funny to see him cry

the only slight bit of good if he wins will be that we will get more players in the future as it will inspire the kids to take up tennis.

So excited for the final this afternoon. COME ON MURRAY. Really convinced he can do it. Better chance than he would've had against Djokovic.

Even going to wait to watch the F1 til later because they clash, whose stupid idea was that!?!??!

Should be an interesting match but if Andy comes out of the blocks as he has done in the last few matches, then it may be a rather short match. He really needs to get in the game from the off rather than the slow start he had against Baghdatis (think it was that match in particular where he was very poor in the first couple of games in the first set, getting broke straight off).

Federer's form has been pretty high, bar a few issues, and the way he palmed off Youzhny shows that it's going to be a tough one. It's still very much Murray's best chance to win a Grand Slam and while it'd be nice to see him get there (and add to John Marray being the first British player to win the doubles for 76 years last night), I expect Federer to close it out in 4.

Unlucky Murray, congratulations Federer.

Great game between two great players, Andy should be proud of how he played - Federer may be the best player ever, especially on grass.

Murray crying now! Very emotional for him, but still, he's earned £575,000 today, not bad really :p

Well Fed won it. Stating the obvious.

I don't understand how the verdict on Federer can be so polarised. Some people seem to say he's a dick and incredibly arrogant etc, yet others say how much of a gentleman he is and how nice he is to everyone. How can one person get such different opinions.

At least no-one can argue that he seems to be pretty good at tennis.

Thought the first two sets were fantastic, then the match seemed to go flat and the pace dropped when the roof went on. Andy was moving slower, probably as a result of those falls.

Feel sorry for him, he played well and kept it close with Federer. If he had got more of his first serves in, I think the result could have been different. But, even then, Federer is not an easy person to play against. It's insane how much he has won over the years.

You could feel how gutted Andy was when he was delivering his speech at the end. I'm convinced he'll win a grand slam in the future. It's a shame that today wasn't his day. He played well overall and can at least take some heart in that.

The result pleases me. Federer forever. Go cry somewhere else Murray.