N-Europe

Pikmin 3

Retro_Link

My god, I am dying to read the 'Iwata Asks' for this game!

Miyamoto:

'I had multiple tea tables put in every office where they were working on Pikmin 3 to ensure that I could at least upend one each time we discussed the game.'

Iwata:

'Is that why this game ended up in development hell?'

Miyamoto:

'Oh, not at all. I just wanted to fake-throw another Pikmin doll at the audience at E3.'

photo31.jpg

Edited by Fused King

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so funny that in 2 months time Shiggsy could be pretending to throw another Pikmin into the crowd again! :p

Honestly it's been that long!! They previewed this game one whole E3 press conference too early!! :indeed:

To be fair, it's not like they planned for it to be delayed 8 months

It's so funny that in 2 months time Shiggsy could be pretending to throw another Pikmin into the crowd again! :p

Perhaps that was the plan all along.

E3 2013 will open with Miyamoto saying "I really am going to throw the Pikmin this time!" The audience will wonder which of them will be lucky enough to catch it as the Pikmin flies through the air... only to sprout wings and fly off.

Miyamoto: "Pikmin 3 has new flying type in it!!"

I hope this turns out to be great, because seriously, how long has it been since they first announced it?

Still, that flying Pikmin does look quite cute. With that in mind... I still haven't played the second game :P It gives me time to catch up, I suppose!

To be fair that is no damn excuse. I wish you'd stop making it as if it excuses them.

Nintendo said it would be a launch title - what exactly can they blame the hold up on? Especially one this long? External factors, issues with console manufacturer, publisher, materials? Delay in devkits?

Nintendo made the Wii U, they have the absolute jump. There is no good reason they couldn't have ensured this was out and ready sooner, unless they just totally dropped the ball somewhere themselves. There is nothing to cause a delay but themselves, it's their product, created by them, published by them, for their console.

It isn't acceptable. It's nothing like other delays, I can see nothing that should have caused such a delay other than poor planning or a skeptical alternative of intentional mis-marketing on their part to sell the Wii U knowing that it wouldn't be ready.

To be fair that is no damn excuse. I wish you'd stop making it as if it excuses them.

Nintendo said it would be a launch title - what exactly can they blame the hold up on? Especially one this long? External factors, issues with console manufacturer, publisher, materials? Delay in devkits?

Nintendo made the Wii U, they have the absolute jump. There is no good reason they couldn't have ensured this was out and ready sooner, unless they just totally dropped the ball somewhere themselves. There is nothing to cause a delay but themselves, it's their product, created by them, published by them, for their console.

It isn't acceptable. It's nothing like other delays, I can see nothing that should have caused such a delay other than poor planning or a skeptical alternative of intentional mis-marketing on their part to sell the Wii U knowing that it wouldn't be ready.

They can blame the delay on a number of things. Seriously, why do you think/act like they thought "You know what, let's not have this at launch, let's release it months later"

It got delayed for valid reasons. Just because we don't know them does NOT mean that there was no reason whatsoever. We're not developers. We're not part of Nintendo.

While it's a pain in the ass, it hurts Nintendo that they had to do this

They can blame the delay on a number of things. Seriously, why do you think/act like they thought "You know what, let's not have this at launch, let's release it months later"

It got delayed for valid reasons. Just because we don't know them does NOT mean that there was no reason whatsoever. We're not developers. We're not part of Nintendo.

I can see why people are upset though. Yes, games get delayed all the time but this title seems to have been in development for an age now. Coupled with the fact that Nintendo had at least 2 years to get things ready for launch and you can see why people are up in arms.

The fact that something simple as a mini game collection ( Game & Wario ) is yet to hit as well, at least in the West, kinda suggests that Nintendo aren't handling HD development as well as they would like.

I think Nintendo are now going through that transition development period, which other developers have already went though during the first half of this generation.

Just for the record, it doesn't really bother me at the moment. I have Monster Hunter to play but if I wasn't into that series then I would be annoyed. Saying that if I wasn't in to that series I wouldn't have bought a Wii U. :D

What valid reasons, I've already said this - don't just say vague stuff; actually back it up. How do you KNOW it got valid reasons, any more than it wasn't just due to poor planning and execution on Nintendo's part? Most delays are due to things beyond the developers control, here; it's ALL Nintendo - full control. If there's not external factor, then it's them. You seem convinced it got delayed for valid reasons, but I can't see any.

Why do YOU act like there's definitely a sensible, justifiable, valid reason for the delay?

Pretty sure the main reason for the delay is simply that Nintendo weren't happy with the game yet. ::shrug:

Yes it's very annoying that it's taking such a long time for Pikmin 3 to come out, but I'd still much rather they delay it to release a high quality and polished game, rather than release it in a bad way just for the sake of getting a game out there. :hmm:

What valid reasons, I've already said this - don't just say vague stuff; actually back it up. How do you KNOW it got valid reasons, any more than it wasn't just due to poor planning and execution on Nintendo's part? Most delays are due to things beyond the developers control, here; it's ALL Nintendo - full control. If there's not external factor, then it's them. You seem convinced it got delayed for valid reasons, but I can't see any.

Why do YOU act like there's definitely a sensible, justifiable, valid reason for the delay?

Because Nintendo are a business. As such, their development isn't transparent to the general public ergo we cannot know the reasons for the delay. All we know is that, as a publically traded business, there has to be a logical reason to delay it

Edited by Serebii

Because Nintendo are a business. As such, their development isn't transparent to the general public ergo we cannot know the reasons for the delay. All we know is that, as a publically traded business, there has to be a logical reason to delay it

Of course, businesses make no mistakes. I forgot what a business man you are, constantly spouting the business line for Nintendo 'if they make money it's not a failure!' - as I asked in the other thread; does that include if they only make 10p profit on a whole venture? It's profit right, not a failure.

Basically, your argument is that because they're a business they're infallible and so it MUST be something that was beyond their own control that caused the delay - but you can't actually tell me what? So you're basically running a god argument here, you can't see him and have no proof, but he exists.

Give me an actual, unavoidable reason, that could have caused the delay. I've given lots of usual reasons, none of which are applicable in this case, because all the control rests with Nintendo themselves.

I'm not sure if you view yourself as impartial, but you're not exactly operating on anything here - seems like you carry quite a Nintendo bias.