N-Europe

front of tooth has fallen off :(

flameboy

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Gutted. Have a tooth that's been a problem for a while and got a temporary filling on it last week prior at some point very soon getting root canal on it. Then tonight the front of it fell off...so I'm left with the back of a tooth, a huge filling and a tiny part of the front of the tooth poking out of the gum.

It would have to happen at a weekend when dentists call out fees are stupidly expensive...

I'm pretty sure unless they can cement the tooth to the filling (it fits perfectly) after the root canal then I've lost of the tooth.

My girlfriend is gonna fucking kill me its right on the edge of my smile. god implants are soooo expensive....maybe getting a fixed bridge denture is the only option?

You still have your penis though, right?

Oh yes haha

I guess my biggest issue is over xmas plan on proposing and wanna look my best not with a tooth missing. Hope I can either get a crown cemented to what is left of the tooth or some kind of bridge thing.

Can't believe how expensive dental costs are. Thank god for the nhs cos god knows how much medical procedures would add up to over life!

it worries me that she'll "kill you" over the head of a tooth.... fuck we've all got worse things to come as we get older... a tooth is really not a freakin big deal... lol

Yah yah I know you right really. Just if I lose this tooth wrecks my smile and she always says what a great smile I have. Pretty dumb for me to be worrying about but I'm punching above my weight as it is don't want anything making me look worse lol.

o_O

nice teeth are always good, I'll agree, but surely you've gotten past the "looks are the most important" part and you're in love now? I mean even through distance she's still with you (and you mentioned the other stuff that happened recently) so surely she loves YOU. Yeah its a bummer, but a tooth is a tooth, and it is repairable.... albeit expensively. There are people who lose limbs and all sorts of crazy stuff but their partners still stay with them :)

On another topic, I was looking into getting my teeth straightened (lol irony/hypocrisy im sure) as I've got a big gap, and its gonna cost about 2 freakin grand. In the unlikely event I get nhs funding, it'll only be 20% off! Dentistry is big business. I only get minor work done on my teeth generally (checkups & a filling or 2 every few years) and even that adds up :(