NEurope
Retro_Link

Transformers 4 & 5

Important Notice

N-Europe forum user "flameboy" has officially been disqualified from the human race for suggesting that any film featuring the death of Beloved Optimus Prime and the emergence of Big Crappy Emo Rodimus Prime is "awesome".

Please pass on to all agencies. Thank you.

Hahaha yes I can see why you would feel that way and god there were a ton of other transformers I would rather have become the Prime...

BUT THEN THEY KILLED OPTIMUS PRIME!

Heartless, soulless EMPTY attempt to cash in by making more toys. I hope the people who ok'd that horrible, pointless death have some kind of horrific genital dysfunction for the rest of their sad, miserable lives.

Bit harsh lol but yeah obviously it was a very cynical move to get toy sales up. I think Mokong's reply below pretty much sums up for me. For me Optimus Prime dying was a defining moment of my childhood. I know like the death of a pet usually helps kids learn about death but for me Transformers the movie did, still feel a slight feeling when it happens.

Maybe so but I still remember it fondly as being the first time I cried watching a film. The shock and trauma didn't turn me off from the film at all. Though I think I may have been expecting him to return by the end of it in a Galvatron sort of manner but had to wait ages for it to happen in the show.

Although I did have some traumatic flashbacks when Ironhide was killed in the last film :cry:

Back on topic...

This might be a spoiler since some might not have seen it so

Didn't they kill off every single Decepticon, Megatron, Starscream, and everyone else? What the hell would they do in a 4 and 5.... the only way I would accept them being brought back to life, especially Megatron is if Unicron does it and he becomes Galvatron

Just back to the subject of transformers 4+5 I very much feel if the rumours of Jason Stratham are true then they are pretty much setting out their stall to make it out an right brash action romp. The Shia La Beouf teen saga never connected with me which is why I hated them I think. I know this may sound wierd but for me I think I would relate much more to including child actors or actual teen actors not adults pretending to be. I think that wonder and awe at the transformers would help bring a certain nostalgia and whimsy to the film and that warm feeling the likes of The Goonies bring.

If they MUST do another one,please make it possible to see who is who.

Also, no Peter Cullen = no.

How the fuck can they justify doing a 4 & 5.

Michael Bay said he'd be done with it im sure and honestly he should be.

The franchise needs to rest and be rebooted.

I hope they fast forward the timeline a little for the new movies.

If they do then I can imagine Statham would be playing an older Sam, hopefully he won't be told to act like younger Sam

If they MUST do another one,please make it possible to see who is who.

Also, no Peter Cullen = no.

Agree with both of these. If we're being cynical as well, making the character more define-able surely makes selling toys easier.

Personally I would like them to completely remove the military influence from the movies as well. I find them misplaced and overly American.

How the fuck can they justify doing a 4 & 5.

Transformers 3 has made over a billion dollars worldwide and is now the 4th highest grossing movie of all time. Of course they were going to do more.

Oh and Peter Cullen is a must.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1210169p1.html

Bay & Statham Deny Transformers 4

The blogosphere exploded a few days ago after Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner said that Transformers 4 and 5 may film back-to-back and that Bay was in talks to reprise directing duties.

Bay, however, has shot down the chatter in an entry at his Shoot For the Edit blog: "I am currently not talking to Paramount on T4 and T5 despite reports. I'm looking at a lot of possibilities coming my way right now weighing options. Most likely going to be doing the low budget Pain and Gain, a true story crime thriller. It's a very quick shoot and quite funny. Also just finishing the 3 disc set of the Transformer trilogy."

Transporter and Death Race star Jason Statham has been linked with a role in the film, which the actor denied in a chat with MTV this week. Not that he'd be against it, mind you. "I've got a lot of stuff in front of me, but Michael Bay is a talented man. This last one just made a billion dollars around the world, so people like his films. He's a talented man," said Statham, whose girlfriend Rosie Huntington-Whiteley starred in Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

You know Bay... if you feel like going all George Lucas and completely redoing Transformers 2 whilst working on the trilogy boxset, I don't think you'd have any complaints!! :D

Is it actually possible to read anything from Jason Statham without doing his voice in your head? :p

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1214148p1.html

Bay Close to Transformers 4 Deal

Series director reportedly sealing deal to come back.

Michael Bay is reportedly in "final negotiations" to direct Transformers 4.

According to Vulture, the deal is not sealed yet but their sources say it "is not far from closing."

The plan is for Bay to first shoot his longtime pet project Pain and Gain this spring while prepping Transformers 4 for a winter 2012 start.

Vulture claims the fourth installment "is definitely not a prequel, and that it will delve deeper into Transformers canon to mine older characters and lore."

An official announcement on Bay's deal is expected soon.

Gotta get round to watching the third film! Might look at getting the blu-ray for Chirstmas.

Qs. How much does 3 relate to 2? In that could you watch 3 and pretend 2 never happened, or is there character stuff? (other than the new girl on the block)

I think they mention it, but it's in no way important to the plot (well, whatever it is they call a plot).

No doubt the number of comic relief characters will double again.

It's funny as appallingly terrible as 2 was, I can actually remember bits from it, as opposed to 3 which I can't remember a single bit in it.

If they do then I can imagine Statham would be playing an older Sam, hopefully he won't be told to act like younger Sam

g39178_reaction%20Yao%20Ming.jpg

Hopefully he won't be told to try an accent he clearly can't pull off either.

Hopefully he won't be told to try an accent he clearly can't pull off either.

What, cockney?

Nah it's annoying hearing in the Transporter... where he does this Americanised voice that just doesn't work for him.

Is Optimus still in his souped up gear from the end of 2?

No, but he now has different attachments he gets from a big van. Or something along those lines.

I finally got around to watching 3 at the weekend with Goafer, thought it was absolutely terrible. I think from now on its just easier if I imagine that only the first movie was made.

I think Bay should have cut out about 20 minutes of Transformers 3. There are so many boring scenes with Sam which add nothing to the story.

Good thing Sam is not in the new movie.

Bay's on board.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1218632p1.html

Paramount Pictures has now issued a press release officially announcing Michael Bay's involvement:

Paramount Pictures announced today that director Michael Bay has signed a two-picture deal with the studio, which will commence this spring with the filming of Pain and Gain, and will be followed by the next installment in the hit Transformers franchise.

Following Pain and Gain, Bay will bring audiences a new take on the Transformers franchise as he begins production on the fourth installment in the hit series of movies based on the best-selling Hasbro toyline. The third, and most recent installment of the franchise, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Is the fourth highest global grossing film of all time with 1.124 billion dollars of worldwide box office success. Directed by Bay, the movie will re-unite the filmmaking team from the hit franchise, including producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto and Ian Bryce; and executive producers Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Paramount Pictures will release the film on June 29th, 2014.

I'm suprised he has signed up for it. I thought he might of been sick of it by now.

Unicron though please for the love of god. He'd be the perfect excuse to revive Megatron and turn him into Galvatron then bring Cyclonus in.