NEurope
Retro_Link

Transformers 4 & 5

Its a reboot in the sense that it will have an all new human cast.

Hopefully this doesn't apply to the voice cast, as others of said short of an untimely demise *touchwood* no Culen in voice of Prime = no me spending my monies

An all new human cast would be great! they shoe-horned Shia la shit into 2 and 3 and it showed, hell they even spent the first hour of DOTM on just him and it was god aweful

lets concentrate on the bots and a little on military, not an unfunny awkward guy who's only relevance to the plot died in the first movie

Hopefully this doesn't apply to the voice cast, as others of said short of an untimely demise *touchwood* no Culen in voice of Prime = no me spending my monies

And give Megatron back to Frank Welker.

Why can't they make a film on Cybertron with no humans?
It could actually be kinda cool if they made it more Sci-Fi and a bit darker, with a select group of astronauts finding themselves at/on Cybertron through some space transportation mission gone wrong or something.

I think Mark Kermode, your god and mine, has it all summed up quite neatly I think.

It could actually be kinda cool if they made it more Sci-Fi and a bit darker, with a select group of astronauts finding themselves at/on Cybertron through some space transportation mission gone wrong or something.

YES! I feel I would emote with a human and their wonder and awe about Cybertron far more than them watching robots just beating the shit out a city centre.

Then make Unicron come along and eat Cybertron and then have a mad dash back to Earth to save the planet and we have an awesome tweaking/remake of the best Transformers movie ever.

Edited by flameboy

Bit of info...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/transformers-4-could-go-to-space

Transformers maestro Michael Bay was at Universal Studios Hollywood recently to support the new Transformers: The Ride -- 3D, and while he was there he dropped a few hints about the in-the-works fourth film in the series.

For starters, he revealed that Optimus Prime and the gang could spend some time in space. Hero Complex asked Bay if Transformers 4 might "involve a departure from Earth," and the director responded, "I think so, yeah, a little. … That feels like the way to go, doesn’t it? I want to go a little off but I don’t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded. That’s what works in these movies, that’s what makes it accessible."

Bay also said that the plan is to spend about $30 million less on this film than they did on the last outing, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. So that might help keep the sequel grounded somewhat anyway. And yes, it is a sequel and not a reboot, despite the fact that no original castmembers are expected to return.

“It’s not a reboot, that’s maybe the wrong word,” Bay says. “I don’t want to say reboot because then people will think we’re doing a Spider-Man and starting from the beginning. We’re not. We’re taking the story that you’ve seen -- the story we’ve told in three movies already -- and we’re taking it in a new direction. But we’re leaving those three as the history. It all still counts."

It's a bit annoying that Bay seems more concerned with keeping Earth because he thinks it makes them 'accessible', rather than just making a great Transformers movie!

I think the series is established more than enough now to just do what you want with it!

Edited by Retro_Link

When he says "no cast members will return" I hope that doesn't include those who did the voices, espeically Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, no Cullen, no views

So while the first 3 films took place will it be a case of.. "Meanwhile in space..."

Glad it's not a reboot so soon.

He doesn't want to get "too sci-fi" while doing a film all about an alien race of transforming robots?

Peter Cullen's back

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/22/peter-cullen-back-as-optimus-for-transformers-4

Amid recent rumors that there will be a new array of robots in Transformers 4, Bay was asked whether or not fan favorite Peter Cullen will return as the voice of Optimus Prime. His response: "Of course! Of course." Rest easy, Prime fans, rest easy...

Also

Back when Michael Bay was making Transformers 3, he made no secret of the fact that he didn't plan on returning for a fourth installment. But eventually he came around to the idea, and now he's explaining why he changed his mind and will be back for Transformers 4.

As for why he's coming back to the director's chair -- for what the filmmaker seems confident is one last time -- Bay said the following:

"I thought I was done," he tells The Huffington Post. "Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, Pain & Gain ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I'm thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things -- but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on -- it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know?"

Bay also points to James Cameron and his Avatar sequels and Peter Jackson and The Hobbit trilogy, saying "When you have a franchise, it's very hard to give it up."

As for whether or not the film will be a reboot, the director says no.

"We're basically taking from the history of where it was -- or where we left it in Chicago [in the last film]," he explains. "And we're going to carry it on from there."

Bit of a selfish worst case scenario no?

Instead of a future director being able to do it their way, they're being left Bay's leftovers, including all the origins, designs and character choices he's already made.

Either he should commit to a new set of films, or let someone else start over.

What the hell?

It's amuses how many people dislike Michael Bay.

Mark Wahlberg Confirmed for Transformers 4

After denying rumors in recent weeks that Mark Wahlberg would head up Transformers 4, director Michael Bay has apparently taken inspiration from those same rumors and now cast the star in the pending sequel.

Bay blogged last week that "internet chatter gave me some ideas" regarding Wahlberg, and now the helmer has confirmed that the two will in fact team for the fourth film in the giant-robot series. Bay and Wahlberg just shot Paramount's Pain and Gain together.

“Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on Pain and Gain and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy,” said Bay.

Shooting begins in the spring for a June 27th, 2014, release. Ehren Krueger wrote the script for Transformers 4, which will reportedly set out in a mostly new direction from its predecessors… aside from the, you know, whole giant robot thing.

transformers_4_logo.jpg

Source - IGN

Bit of news -

Transformers 4 Will Take Place Four Years After Dark of the Moon

"The movie is going to continue four years from the attack on Chicago," says Bay, "which was in the last movie. It's going to have the same lineage, but it's going in a full new direction. It actually feels very natural how it's going in that direction... We're doing a lot of things that are really going to make it fresh and feel new."

Source - Comingsoon.net

Transformers 4 Gets Teaser Poster, Official Title:"Age of Extinction"

In 2009, witnessed the "Revenge of the Fallen." In 2011, we were in the "Dark of the Moon." And in 2014, we'll be sent to the "Age of Extinction" as the title of the fourth big-screen "Transformers" adventure has been unveiled exclusively here on Yahoo Movies.

The title reveal comes courtesy of the first official teaser poster, which incorporates the now-familiar logo of the number "4" merged with half of a Decepticon insignia. The artwork suggests we're somewhere in the desert (or perhaps some post-apocalyptic wasteland?), and the term "Age of Extinction" makes us think that one of our all-time favorite Transformers factions will be heavily featured in the movie.

We're speaking, of course, of the Dinobots, the robots that turned into dinosaurs that were one of Hasbro's masterstrokes in the seemingly never-ending sub-groups of Autobots and Decepticons. The Dinobots were about the coolest Transformers you could own back in the mid-'80s, with the team consisting of leader Grimlock (a T. Rex), Sludge (a Brontosaurus) and Slag (a Triceratops), with Snarl (a Stegosaurus) and Swoop (a Pterodactyl) introduced later.

The Dinobots have long been rumored to be making their debuts in "Transformers 4," er, "Transformers: Age of Extinction," mostly because including those characters seems like the next logical step in the franchise's evolution.

transformers4-teaserposter-jpg_213945.jpg

Source - Yahoo

Prime looks pretty fucking boss there. His design looks better.

Fucking awful cover though. I've never used Photoshop before but I'm sure I could knock something up that's better than that mess.

Dinobots in film? Me Mokong now change mind. Mokong now want go see film in big house of films with large popcorn and drink!

[/Grimlock]

Superbowl spot.

Prime riding Grimlock = Absolute WIN!

Edited by Hero-of-Time