NEurope
Retro_Link

Transformers 4 & 5

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/120/1200657p1.html

Bay Back for Transformers 4 -- and 5?

Update: Next two films expected to be shot back-to-back.

According to Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner, the toy company is now in talks with Paramount to develop Transformers 4, with the hopes that an announcement can be shared in the next quarter.

The Hollywood Reporter claims that Hasbro is also talking to director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg about returning for the sequel. From the sound of it, both men are still actively involved in getting the project up and running with Paramount.

Update: Variety is now reporting that not only is another film being planned, but the studio is considering shooting a fourth and fifth installment back-to-back.

"Nothing is set in stone, but screenwriter Ehren Kruger is said to have an idea for the next installments that the studio is high on, and has only begun engaging with writers," says the trade.

Shia LaBeouf will not be back, but those rumors about Jason Statham taking over the franchise? The action star is being considered. And according to Variety, Bay very well might be directing these films as well (and not just exec-producing), despite all his past talk about being done after three.

Jason Statham..................... What?!!

I mean he's great at what he does, but Transformers!!

I haven't seen Transformers 3 yet *must get round to that* but anyone any ideas for what they'd like next?

There's a part of me giving a Darth Vader "noooooooooooooooo!!!" and then the my childhood years screaming at the back of my mind "yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy more robots!".

But Jason Statham.. oh dear.

Shia LaBeouf will not be back

Perhaps the next film could be about the robots...

I have absolutely nothing good to say about any element of the recent Transformers trilogy - I will say however that Jason Statham would be a vast improvement on Shia LeBeouf and would be in any production you could think of.

Too many factors about the new movies that stop it being Transformers as it should be. Storytelling is all wrong, they've only just started getting the action right and generally, it's always felt like they are trying to jam the Transformers franchise into a "modern action movie" genre.

Back me up here bryanee

Surprising, Bay said he was done. I was interested to see what someone else might do with it.

Statham? Why not. Bit weird, but I like weird.

I say please stop wrecking my childhood memories. Thank god we have the one original cartoon Transformers Movie that is awesome!

I enjoyed the first Transformers movie a lot, the second was pretty much a pile of shite and I havent bothered to watch the third yet, I'll catch it when its on Sky. Im just not bothered about them anymore really.

I enjoy it for what it is, not for what it isn't.

More? Why not.

First one great

Second one pish but awesome forest fight

Third one great

If they do insist on doing a 4th and 5th then I'd like a 2 part Unicron story complete with Galvatron and the Dinobots please.

What?

Michael Bay: Right I'm done after the 3rd

Studio: *tosses bag with $ sign on it*

Bay: at 4th and 5th sounds like a plan :D

I was hoping for a reboot.

Wonder what Statham would do though... would they set it a few years after part 3 and Statham would play an older Shia?

Well if it does go ahead as mentioned above they better bloody have Unicron in it at last

HATE the first two.

Thoroughly enjoyed the third.

Jason Statham? Since accepting his absurdity I enjoy. Actually a perfect match for Transformers. I demand a Transporter cross over. Definitely better than Shia LaCunt.

I say please stop wrecking my childhood memories. Thank god we have the one original cartoon Transformers Movie that is awesome!

Important Notice

N-Europe forum user "flameboy" has officially been disqualified from the human race for suggesting that any film featuring the death of Beloved Optimus Prime and the emergence of Big Crappy Emo Rodimus Prime is "awesome".

Please pass on to all agencies. Thank you.

Transformers the animated movie is a 10/10

Worth a 10 just for the opening battle on Earth.

Transformers the animated movie is a 10/10

Worth a 10 just for the opening battle on Earth.

BUT THEN THEY KILLED OPTIMUS PRIME!

Heartless, soulless EMPTY attempt to cash in by making more toys. I hope the people who ok'd that horrible, pointless death have some kind of horrific genital dysfunction for the rest of their sad, miserable lives.

Iun I think that's one of the things that makes the original movie pretty good. They do a whole bunch of things that you initially think: "You couldn't possibly..."

@bryanee - Indeed the Autobot City fight is fantastic. Great music and in a matter of 10 mins they manage show off almost every transformer in the show (some as corpses...)

I love the animation and the action of the entire film and it's still my favourite animated feature.

Iun I think that's one of the things that makes the original movie pretty good. They do a whole bunch of things that you initially think: "You couldn't possibly..."

You couldn't possibly cut a live dog in half on screen and use it for target practice while wearing pink polka-dotted bondage gear! Oh! They did it! That must make it good.

No. It was a cynical ploy by the marketing people that backfired on their stupid asses: kids stayed away from the film because of the trauma, the film itself had an unremarkable plot, and all the emotional investment in the characters was callously discarded in about five minutes.

Imagine if they did that in Star Trek, or Battlestar Galactica: suddenly kill off everyone you loved and introduced a bunch of "who?" characters in order to make an extra buck on t-shirt sales. When Spock died in the Wrath of Khan it was a deep, terrifying and heart-wrenching moment of self-sacrifice with emotional resonance. When Ellen Tigh was poisoned, you felt the pain of Saul, you knew is love for her, felt the terrible choice he had to make.

In Transformers: The Movie, a bunch of greedy corporate buttmunchers decided the Market needed a kick in the pants, so they killed Ironhide, Brawn, Wheeljack...mostly off-screen and without any consideration for the audience or the people were buying their products. It was empty. Pointless. A cheap way of making more money that backfired when the film bombed.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the film, the art was brilliant, it had a great soundtrack and Unicron was an incredibly inventive enemy. But the rest... All the death was just so Valueless.

BUT THEN THEY KILLED OPTIMUS PRIME!

Heartless, soulless EMPTY attempt to cash in by making more toys. I hope the people who ok'd that horrible, pointless death have some kind of horrific genital dysfunction for the rest of their sad, miserable lives.

Maybe so but I still remember it fondly as being the first time I cried watching a film. The shock and trauma didn't turn me off from the film at all. Though I think I may have been expecting him to return by the end of it in a Galvatron sort of manner but had to wait ages for it to happen in the show.

Although I did have some traumatic flashbacks when Ironhide was killed in the last film :cry:

Back on topic...

This might be a spoiler since some might not have seen it so

Didn't they kill off every single Decepticon, Megatron, Starscream, and everyone else? What the hell would they do in a 4 and 5.... the only way I would accept them being brought back to life, especially Megatron is if Unicron does it and he becomes Galvatron

You couldn't possibly cut a live dog in half on screen and use it for target practice while wearing pink polka-dotted bondage gear! Oh! They did it! That must make it good.

No. It was a cynical ploy by the marketing people that backfired on their stupid asses: kids stayed away from the film because of the trauma, the film itself had an unremarkable plot, and all the emotional investment in the characters was callously discarded in about five minutes.

Imagine if they did that in Star Trek, or Battlestar Galactica: suddenly kill off everyone you loved and introduced a bunch of "who?" characters in order to make an extra buck on t-shirt sales. When Spock died in the Wrath of Khan it was a deep, terrifying and heart-wrenching moment of self-sacrifice with emotional resonance. When Ellen Tigh was poisoned, you felt the pain of Saul, you knew is love for her, felt the terrible choice he had to make.

In Transformers: The Movie, a bunch of greedy corporate buttmunchers decided the Market needed a kick in the pants, so they killed Ironhide, Brawn, Wheeljack...mostly off-screen and without any consideration for the audience or the people were buying their products. It was empty. Pointless. A cheap way of making more money that backfired when the film bombed.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the film, the art was brilliant, it had a great soundtrack and Unicron was an incredibly inventive enemy. But the rest... All the death was just so Valueless.

I'm glad you typed a wall of text about a kid's film, must have been traumatic? :grin:

..Statham? lol wut.

All I can think of when I imagine him in Transformers is him screaming "SHUT UP OPTIMUS YOU TOILET". Oh how I miss The Kevin Bishop show.

Statham getting his name thrown around in some big franchises, he was rumoured to be featuring in Fast and Furious 6 & 7 too.

Statham getting his name thrown around in some big franchises, he was rumoured to be featuring in Fast and Furious 6 & 7 too.

They aren't making more of that shite too are they?

Maybe so but I still remember it fondly as being the first time I cried watching a film. The shock and trauma didn't turn me off from the film at all. Though I think I may have been expecting him to return by the end of it in a Galvatron sort of manner but had to wait ages for it to happen in the show.

Although I did have some traumatic flashbacks when Ironhide was killed in the last film :cry:

Obviously it was all done to introduce a new range of Transformer toys but as kid you dont think of it like that. Seeing all those Transformers die was hard to see as a kid.

As for Hotrod/Rodimus hes pretty cool in the movie and seeing his transformation at the end was a fuck yeah moment. He did become a bit of a self doubting puss in the TV show though.