Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Facebook haters gonna hate

Ellmeister

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Odwin listens to alot of stuff on Spotify.

Ah, that means that the "only me" setting I have on mine is working. I noticed that Facebook recognises Spotify when I listen to it on my phone.

Although that still doesn't stop Facebook putting random stories on my feed. For example, one of my top stories from this morning:

"Dean Jones listened to The National on Spotify"

Is there a way to get rid of it? The whole thinking of they have to separate "recent stories" to "from earlier today" is just stupid.

Nope. I'm marking everything as "Not A Top Story" in a hope that the "this story and similar ones won't appear as a top story" filter will eventually cover everything.

One thing I've noticed recently is Farmville spam on Facebook. Even though I have the App blocked. They go like

[Name] commented on his own Post.

[Name] is building a Horse Paddock in FarmVille!

[Name] is groomng horses! Send them some Horse Combs to help!

Like · · about an hour ago · Privacy:

2 people like this.

[Name] ty

about an hour ago · Like

Edited by Cube

By the way - Spotify has a feature now called Private listening, if you start to listen to stuff you don't want n-e knowing about ;) - mostly to appease people like Charlie, before this you could setup certain things to private.

Also Spotify racked in a ridiculous amount of new users with the facebook thing, they've certainly not shot themselves in the foot by any means. :P

Edited by nightwolf

Also Spotify racked in a ridiculous amount of new users with the facebook thing, they've certainly not shot themselves in the foot by any means. :P

It was still a shitty move to require new US users to sign-up with a Facebook account.

Just by getting "more users" doesn't negate how shitty a tactic that is.

Edited by Wesley

It was still a shitty move to require new US users to sign-up with a Facebook account.

Just by getting "more users" doesn't negate how shitty a tactic that is.

It's all new users to get a Facebook account.

It depends on your view point, on the one hand, 800 million plus + use Facebook and why shouldn't Spotify have made the move, on the other, loss from those who don't use Facebook.

It depends and I don't make the decisions, we just report back, I personally think it should be both, but they have made a lot of new users through this move, I mean a ridiculous amount in just a week.

So sometimes those who want it outweigh those who don't.

Surely they would have made those users by just having that option?

Person A has Facebook and sees the new Spotify deal - decides to sign up using their existing Facebook account.

That's awesome and makes sense for everyone involved.

Person B does not use Facebook and wants to sign up for Spotify - decides to sign up and is annoyed they have to have a Facebook account, but signs up and leaves Facebook essentially blank.

That's awesome for Spotify and Facebook but annoying for the user.

Person C does not have Facebook but wants to sign up with Spotify - finds out you have to sign up for a completely different service in order to use it; decides not to.

Everyone loses out.

Just having the simple option would mean everyone wins all the time.

You have two options for logging into the website anyway!

In all honesty I don't care too much because I've been a paid user of Spotify for bloody ages.

If they suddenly changed it so I had to link a Facebook account to it I would have cancelled though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spotify "fix" the Facebook/Spotify account thing in a couple months. It's a good way to get a rush of new users.

And Stephen Fry can kiss my ass. He likes those awful bendy buses.

By the way - Spotify has a feature now called Private listening, if you start to listen to stuff you don't want n-e knowing about ;) - mostly to appease people like Charlie, before this you could setup certain things to private.

Unless you're using the iPhone app.

Also, it doesn't remember it's set to private so you have to do it every time you log on. I hope this is fixed.

Well then how the fuck can people complain about them? I wish there were free buses near me.

I can see how they might be annoying to cars, but a lot of car drivers use the excuse of "I'd use public transport if it was cheaper". Now there's no excuses (for people on bendy routes).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!