Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Cringe-worthy words or phrases

Ellmeister

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling someone a weapon must be a complement though surely? It sounds powerful. I can see the similarity with tool but a tool seems different to me.

That's what I thought, but it means exactly the same as tool.

That's Stockport chavs for you.

I've heard "weapon" used as an adjective before, albeit only within a fairly small window in the late '90s. It had a positive connotation at the time, though.

To give an example of usage, someone might remark that, "That's well weapon!" Shortly before my withering stare reduced them to ash.

I first came across it before that show was even written, regrettably, but thanks for reminding me where I'd heard it more recently.

Also, "beast" was another word that tried to usurp "cool" for a time. It failed, just like all the rest.

I first came across it before that show was even written, regrettably, but thanks for reminding me where I'd heard it more recently.

Also, "beast" was another word that tried to usurp "cool" for a time. It failed, just like all the rest.

I pretty much hear that all of the time. Though when you 'beast', it normally means when you're doing very well at something.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!