• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ My favourite lyrics/image.

Someone left the cake out in the rain

And I don't think that I can take it

Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again

So joke for the type of song. I'm left wanting to know so much more about who this person is who baked it, and why the recipe is out of reach.

And this is why the music thread wasn't brought back. Someone says they like something and then someone comes in and acts all snobby and belittles the other person for liking something they consider to be rubbish.

And I bet you didn't even listen to that cover. It was good.

1. I think you'll find it was brought back :p

2. I took what he was saying as an exaggeration for comic effect.

It's a little hypocritical to slag off Linkin Park and then post songs from Jennifer Lopez and Brandy.

I called them blah - hardly damning the band to hell, and obviously my own feelings. (even used a personal example)

And I wasn't holding Brandy or J.Lo up as examples of 'better than Linkin Park'. :p Why would I do that?

MOUNTAINS out of molehills people. Stop caring and let's all carry on.

Summer 2009 / Leaving School

Finished Foundation Course / Summa

(though basically any from I Speak Because I Can)

This summer has yet to be decided, though for lolz with my family, both of J.Lo's recent songs are up there.

Second page and already the love is lost? Cmaaan, men. Chill out.

In other news: I fucking love The Verve. Rolling Peopleeeee. :D

Do you like Ashcroft's solo stuff as well?

Also how do you feel about The United Nations of Sound & RPA?

QUESTION!

Does anyone know what that rap song is by an artist (can't remember who) featuring Eminem, where the music video is pretty much just a red background with black text showing parts of the lyrics.

Mention the Twin Towers too...

Can't think of it and now my brain is angry.

Do you like Ashcroft's solo stuff as well?

Also how do you feel about The United Nations of Sound & RPA?

QUESTION!

Does anyone know what that rap song is by an artist (can't remember who) featuring Eminem, where the music video is pretty much just a red background with black text showing parts of the lyrics.

Mention the Twin Towers too...

Can't think of it and now my brain is angry.

Oh I know it, it is by Immortal Technique I think. *goes to find it*

Is it this?

Tbh it doesn't really feature Eminem, it just has a short piece of a freestyle from when Eminem was young in it about wanting to see the president dead, and then a bit of his verse from 50 Cent's song "Patiently Waiting". Yes I am a huge Eminem fan btw :p

Edited by heroicjanitor

Oh I know it, it is by Immortal Technique I think. *goes to find it*

Is it this?

Tbh it doesn't really feature Eminem, it just has a short piece of a freestyle from when Eminem was young in it about wanting to see the president dead, and then a bit of his verse from 50 Cent's song "Patiently Waiting". Yes I am a huge Eminem fan btw :p

You're awesome.

I didn't even describe it properly and you deliver.

Peebe, peebe, who's Peabo Bryson?

Two years ago I renewed my license

[Anyway why’d I start my verse like that?]

You can suck on a d---, you can suck on my ballsack

--No, NO -- I don’t endorse that, p-p-Pause that, a-a-a-Abort that

Just the other day mi go London, sawdat, kids down the street

Paparazzi, allthat

Hey hey what can I say?

Day day day da-da-da-day day

Coming through the club all the girls in the back of me

This aint football why the fuck they tryna tackle me?

Really, I pick dude at the bar like really? looking like he wanna good time like really?

Said he had a friend for my home girl Lily Lily, Lily, Lily.

#TheBest

----

I just love so much. How Nicki Minaj injects jokes into things. I love "anyway, why'd I start my verse like that?". Breaking the 4th wall. Unnecessary, yet adds so much. Who else has the audacity to do that?

And I love how she repeatedly genderfucks. "You can suck on my ballsack". My favourite thing. And how she's always surrounded by a group of totally superfluous objectified men.

And all of this is done whilst delivering the most crisp, talentful performances. A stunning vocal performer. It's effortless. It's the best.

Yes.

So glad this thread is back. I'm constantly listening to 3 songs over the past couple of days, these being:

...and then a Ke$ha song, purely because I saw her like on the 11th of this month. She has a suprisingly strong belting voice, I have no idea why she doesn't take advantage of it. She genuinely was fantastic. I fell in love with her from the moment she called a fan on stage, asked his age, and screamed "HE'S LEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!".

I just love so much. How Nicki Minaj injects jokes into things. I love "anyway, why'd I start my verse like that?". Breaking the 4th wall. Unnecessary, yet adds so much. Who else has the audacity to do that?

And I love how she repeatedly genderfucks. "You can suck on my ballsack". My favourite thing. And how she's always surrounded by a group of totally superfluous objectified men.

And all of this is done whilst delivering the most crisp, talentful performances. A stunning vocal performer. It's effortless. It's the best.

Yes.

She's practically a member of the/our Trion, it's ridiculous the power in her hand in so little careertime.

I love this so much. Feels like a summari of her greatness.

I love dark-sounding. Why I like the whole of Drake's album actually.

'Fuck I look like, ho?

I look like Yes and you look like No'

-Donein. Zippedup. Inthetrash.

'If I had a dick I would pull it out and piss on 'em.'

It's a little hypocritical to slag off Linkin Park and then post songs from Jennifer Lopez and Brandy.

So you do admit they're in the same ballpark?

ReZ can't know anything about music because he likes Linkin Park.

Not quite. He can't know anything about music because he thinks they make good music, regardless of wether or not he likes it.

I myself quite "like" their early output, I listened to it when I was younger, and I still derive pleasure from listening to it now. But if I look at it objectively and turn on my impartial sensor, it's absurdly crystal clear that it's the most unimaginative formulaic and generic brand of soft metal available... there isn't a shred of talent or imaginative composition in any sample piece of their output.

Let's put it this way... they wouldn't survive as a band in the 60's/70's... you know, before music became a business and not an art form?

We need some Thread Rules. I put my neck out encouraging this thread's resurrection. If it's just going to degenerate into bad vibes and reams of dialogue between two posters who could do so elsewhere, then the thread will be closed.

Rather than saying "lol your band sucks" just post who you like instead. If this thread sucks at the end of the next week then yeah, lockage. Some of you wanted this thread back - and you have it - so take it into your own hands to post responsibly, or else the thread goes!

To emphasise; this isn't a theory thread. I want to see more music and less words, k?

Why is everyone so affraid of conflict around here?

Anyway... summer anthems? Still too early to tell... but this one has been coming up a lot:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!