N-Europe

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Shorty

Until it hits cinemas in Japan? A long way off for us I'm guessing.

Cam rips have happened for both of the previous movies, I'm sure it'll arrive sooner than that but in less than ideal quality.

Me and a friend are hoping to get tickets for release date, so I should really start shopping around now

Evangelion 3.0

MY LOINS ERUPT, UHNNNNNNN. Finally something akin to a new, proper trailer and... well, it doesn't really tell us anything. BUT THOSE ASUKA BATTLE FACES AND SMUG MARI AND EMO KAWORU INFATUATED SHINJI. I need this film in my life. ASAP.

A huge part of the Evangelion remakes for me has been viewing them as soon as they were available in whatever questionable quality they were made available. I went through the full sequence for each previous film from camrip to Blu-ray - trailers, individual battles and then the full films - and as much as I'd like to take a stronger stance on 3.0 and wait for the inevitable UK theatrical screening, there is absolutely no way that is going to happen. I'm not that strong.

This method of consumption has not impeded my enjoyment of the movies at all. I still regularly watch the Blu-rays of both movies with the same helpless adoration I had for the films when they were wrecking my eyes as unsubbed, unintelligible, OCCASIONALLY UPSIDE DOWN mobile phone videos.

Sword Art Online

Wow. This initially promising show has turned out to be absolute garbage. The super cool premise is utterly wasted on a rushed, unrealistic and unenjoyable love story. Watch something else and forget this ridiculous show ever tricked you into thinking it would be worthwhile.

BUT... BUT... MAYBE THE ANIME IS A LOUSY ADAPTATION AND THE LIGHT NOVELS UPON WHICH THE ANIME IS BASED WILL PROVIDE A FULLER, MORE WORTHWHILE EXPERIENCE!

Nope. The novels also start extremely well but quickly descend into disappointment. Nothing beyond the first two books felt like it wasn't wasting my time. Fuck Kirito and Asuna, seriously.

Edited by Guy

I seem to be on a Naoki Urasawa binge right now.

Read Pluto in one sitting and I recommend it to both new and old Astro Boy fans. It's a very interesting little spin on one of the arcs and it's written so new fans can easily pick it up with little worry for the background plot.

Now I'm on to Monster, something I attempted to watch before but couldn't stand the pace, so I'm reading it instead. Loving it so far, just reached where I left the anime at.

Next up is finally getting my ass to finish up 20th Century Boys and afterwards probably reading Master Keaton as my student here keeps telling me to hurry up and start reading it haha

I seem to be on a Naoki Urasawa binge right now.

Read Pluto in one sitting and I recommend it to both new and old Astro Boy fans. It's a very interesting little spin on one of the arcs and it's written so new fans can easily pick it up with little worry for the background plot.

Now I'm on to Monster, something I attempted to watch before but couldn't stand the pace, so I'm reading it instead. Loving it so far, just reached where I left the anime at.

Next up is finally getting my ass to finish up 20th Century Boys and afterwards probably reading Master Keaton as my student here keeps telling me to hurry up and start reading it haha

Monster is very long but so worth it. So dark!

Caught up with Silver Spoon recently, made by Hiromu Arakawa (she also made Fullmetal Alchemist). Surprisingly accessible, considering it's about farming, and I just love her sense of humour.

Having finished Monster recently, I've been meaning to take a look at that one. I liked the original Astro Boy story, too.

It's not over yet. :p

I must've been thinking of a different series, I hadn't watched SAO and thought it was a short complete series I read about recently.

I watched all existing eps of SAO over last night and this morning. Safe to say I think it's excellent. Actually quite refreshing to watch a series that covers all its bases and doesn't leave gaps in logic and plot holes all the time.

Edited by Shorty

• 3 weeks later...

So I watched the new Evangelion movie today. If you're a fan, it's hard to say whether you're in for a treat or a nightmare, because I fucking loved it but at the same time can not understand what the fuck I just watched.

It's completely different. There are references to the original, but this is a whole new fucking story. I'll let the ending credits theme speak for the tone of the movie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else read this weeks Naruto yet?

NEJI!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Anyone else read this weeks Naruto yet?

NEJI!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second those spoilers.

I like Neji and all but it was hard to care that he died. Feels like he hasnt played an important part in Naruto since the first time they tried to rescue Sasuke pre Shippuden.

Any theories on how they'll stop Obito? I reckon Sasuke might trap him in his ideal world, if he 180's and revives everyone I'll be pissed. It was fun when Pain did it but I dont want to see it happen again.

Two seasons into Bleach and its pretty damn good.

Sad Neji has died, but I really like the way he went out protecting Hinata and Naruto. Fitting end for one of my favourite characters. Plus with Obito giving it the big one afterwards, Naruto is going to be pissed next issue. Should be interesting.

I just did...

1293198828_3174_full.jpeg

That'll be me in 3 years time when they've finally got it to anime..

Edited by Ramar

I like Neji and all but it was hard to care that he died. Feels like he hasnt played an important part in Naruto since the first time they tried to rescue Sasuke pre Shippuden.

Any theories on how they'll stop Obito? I reckon Sasuke might trap him in his ideal world, if he 180's and revives everyone I'll be pissed. It was fun when Pain did it but I dont want to see it happen again.

They better not pull that Pain crack again. I was annoyed when they did it the first time!

As for stopping Madara and Obito, who knows? Some are speculating a few more deaths, before he is defeated though.

Sad Neji has died, but I really like the way he went out protecting Hinata and Naruto. Fitting end for one of my favourite characters. Plus with Obito giving it the big one afterwards, Naruto is going to be pissed next issue. Should be interesting.

Yeah, it was a fitting end and he finally did his duty in protecting Hinata.

Surely Naruto is gonna unleash now. Although at this point I fail to see what he can pull out of the bag as he's used all his tricks. Enter the Sauce.... :D