NEurope
Paj!

RESIDENT EVIL

...movies.

:D

Having recently started (and fallen in love with) my first ever Resi game (4), I find myself gagging to play more, as I love things with continuining stories.

Anyway. I watched all the Resi films before ever playing the games, well aware they bore little to no resemblance to the 'original source material' in either content, tone or quality. But I loved.

They're crap. But so great, too.

PAJ'S FAVOURITE BITS

-The tiny peep-window Alice uses to watch that laser scene.-

-The TV screen bit is my life. The Phoenix Force.-

-Yes. Alternatively, Ashanti's death scene.-

-Claire's great.-

I wish to see Afterlife in 3-D.

I bought the 4-film collection for £12 off Zavvi, but saw it for £40 in HMV the other day. No wonder they're going out of business. :/ [/off-topic]

THOUGHTS FEELINGS LOVE HATRED TELL ME

I remember watching the first RE movie in the cinema with a few friends. We were all 14 at the time and I think that was the first horror film I've ever seen. We got so nervous and scared and almost jumped a few times during the film. Great memories :D

I watched it again two years ago when it was on TV and fell asleep halfway through.

I watched all the other RE films as well and actually find them quite entertaining, but then again I don't expect anything but lots of killed Zombies from the films.

I didn't think the first one was particularly scary (or even got that it was trying to be scary) but then I watched it as a 19 year old who's seen a lot of actually scary films. I just enjoyed them all for being brainless action films that didn't take themselves too seriously.

The Movies

Only seen 1 and 2, the first is better, the second is watchable. Don;t really have a great deal to say about them tbh. They're not a reflection on the games and are pretty poor representations of the Resi universe, but if you look at them as an alternate, or how things could have gone, they're fun enough.

The Games

Resi 4 is in my Top 5 games of all time. Absolutely fantastic game. Leon is awesome!

Resi Code Veronica was the game that got me into the series, it's an incredible game, Possibly in my Top 10 games of all time... with a fantastic story, settings and great characters. Claire FTW!

Resi 5... well it was a fun enough game to play through in co-op, but it's not Resi and it made a joke of the series and it's characters.

Edited by Retro_Link

Dude, the characters and story were already a fucking joke, and just a shambolic pretext for awesome zombie shooting. 4 is also somewhere in my best games of all time, completed the damn thing at least 9 times.

As a big RE fanboy I hate and I mean I hate the movies. I was really excited about the first film but when I saw it for the first time I felt like I was being kicked in the balls over and over. I remained optimistic about the second film and it felt like I was getting kicked in the balls again, Nemesis looked like a fat midget and had a fist fight with Alice....urgh *vomits*

The games however are another story RE2 will forever remain in my top five games of all time, I've owned every game across multiple formats and whilst I wasnt keen on the direction they went with for RE4 I still enjoyed it but I'd love to get my hands on the versions that got scrapped. Really looking forward to the back to horror roots with Revelations.

I loved how RE4 never really took itself too seriously compared to the other games. The dialogue is so amazingly bad, but at the same time it is so amazingly good.

I heart Leon.

I got to the 'Your right hand comes off?' bit just a few hours ago. :D

I love. I love how it feels like he doesn't give a shit about everything that's going horrifically wrong in his life. And Ashley is so great at being calm and collected whilst being led/taken/carried to her inevitable ritual sacrifice.

I want a whole game of Ashley-esque levels. Come on flashlight. Come on throwing things at people. Come on puzzles.

Adore the games, dislike the live-actions but Milla Jovovovovich and Ali Larter makes it worthwhile and it can be jokes sometimes and love the CGI movies.

Paj playing games = cute. I don't know why. :heh:

Ashley's a whore she lets you snipe right up her skirt.

I swear there was a bit in Resident Evil 4 that didn't make it where Leon was being chased by baby dolls I'm sure I saw a video of that. looked creepily cool. :D

I love Resident Evil 4 one of my favourite games, so many great memories.

The films only watched 1 and 2. Want to watch the rest, they are quite fun crap. :)

Never really got into the games purely on how they made you bloody save your progress (has that changed in recent games?). Oh there's the typewriter but oh wait no ribbon! Screw this, dinner is ready.

I've only seen the first 2 movies and found them both to be enjoyable if I'm honest.

I swear there was a bit in Resident Evil 4 that didn't make it where Leon was being chased by baby dolls I'm sure I saw a video of that. looked creepily cool. :D

The canned RE4, I'd love to play it.

Never really got into the games purely on how they made you bloody save your progress (has that changed in recent games?). Oh there's the typewriter but oh wait no ribbon! Screw this, dinner is ready.

Yes, Resident Evil 4 and 5 are a lot easier to save in.

They also play very differently.

Title of video misses that Leon actually says "You're right hand comes off?" which is even more perplexing.

Ashley's a whore

I expect this kind of talk from Ell but you Coolness? I thought we were friends :(

I played Resident Evil 5 for 'bout twenty minutes...

TALK ABOUT TWO STEPS FORWARD, FIFTY-FIVE MILLION STEPS BACK.

Jeez laweez. It's a simple concept: Zombies. Guns. Scares. How is it possible to suck all the fun out of that? HOW?

Resident Evil 4 was The Tits. Do you hear me? THE TITS.

But somehow, somewhere, someone let a god-damn COMEDIAN into the Capcom office who decided that the best way to capitalise on the success of the AWESOME Resident Evil 4 was to make the next game UTTER, UTTER SHIT.

*slow hand clap*

Nice. Work.

Anyway, the movies: entertaining enough. Actually the cream of the crop of video game movies. Laser scene in the first one was pretty cool, but the movie needed Colin Salmon in it longer. Like, for the entire film.

Resident Evil 5 wins because it has co-op. I've never played it alone (and don't want to), but it was a lot of fun with another person. :hehe:

What the fuck is going on with that pirate kid?

Please.... someone answer this.

Please.... someone answer this.

'Ramon Salazar was the 8th castellan of a fortress near an unnamed village in rural Spain, who was controlled by a religious cult known as "Los Illuminados" (english: "The Illuminated ones"). Although his diminutive stature resembles that of a ten-year old and his gray hair and wrinkled face give him the appearance of an old man, he was only 20 years old, which suggests that his premature aging is possibly a result of his long-term Plaga infestation.'

I liked 4, but I didn't love it for some reason. Too much action, and I don't think it redefined Resident Evil in the right way. As a result, we've ended up with 5, which many dislike.

My favourite Resident Evil is probably the remake on the Cube. I just loved the dynamics in that. The controls are excellent in 4 (wii version in particular) but the look and vibe of the first game is much more to my taste. It's a bit more creepy.

Actually, I think I may even prefer Zero! Loved that. The train level, particularly the climax is one of my favourite moments evaaaar.

The films are awful. Not even funny/so bad it's good awful. They're just bad. Trash. But, I can't help but watch the first film whenever it's on. Damn my addiction to trash. That scene with the lasers where Colin Salmon gets sliced up. Aaaahahah.

'Ramon Salazar was the 8th castellan of a fortress near an unnamed village in rural Spain, who was controlled by a religious cult known as "Los Illuminados" (english: "The Illuminated ones"). Although his diminutive stature resembles that of a ten-year old and his gray hair and wrinkled face give him the appearance of an old man, he was only 20 years old, which suggests that his premature aging is possibly a result of his long-term Plaga infestation.'

Talk about being literal... "The Enlightened" would be a better translation.

Also, wasn't Salazar actually 12 years old? Regardless, I never have qualms about beating up someone called Salazar.

RE4 was a very well made game. I played the delightful Wii version, and there were plenty of memorable moments. I need to try out one of the "classic" Resident Evils one of these days.