NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I just don't get how a White and Red England Flag has translated into us having a White & Blue Home Kit and a Black/Dark Dark Blue? and Blue Away Kit... I hate it!

Don't forget those most ridiculous multi-coloured crosses on the home kit. I mean the one before, the plain white one is brilliant.

I'm guessing there's a calculated risk here, should this fail they'll gloriously hail the return to England's mighty tradition of red. Some massive cash cow campaign for what will be in two years time leading up to a world cup which is a more lucrative time than pre-Euro.

Don't forget those most ridiculous multi-coloured crosses on the home kit. I mean the one before, the plain white one is brilliant.

I'm guessing there's a calculated risk here, should this fail they'll gloriously hail the return to England's mighty tradition of red. Some massive cash cow campaign for what will be in two years time leading up to a world cup which is a more lucrative time than pre-Euro.

Oh yeah those crosses are awful!

You make a good point actually!

And yeah the previous White and Red Home Shirt was really great! Got myself one of those.

England bring out so many different kits I gave up long ago on them.

Apparently, Real and Barca interested in Luiz even though we only just bought him in January! Ridiculous.

I thought Barcelona were in for Thiago Silva, can't see them bringing in alot of players due to low funds/not wanting to disrupt current players.

Pretty certain he'll still be at Chelski next year.

Seriously.. Do people think Arsene is that much of a mug? ]

*Tries really hard not to answer that* :heh:

Nasri: "I came to England to get trophies because I haven't won anything in my (Arsenal) career. We all need to get out of our comfort zone, to grow up and test ourselves.I am hungry for titles. I play football because I love this sport and want to feel the emotion of winning. Lifting a trophy all together, this is the beauty and sense of team sports."

arsene.gif

Well that rules Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal out. How about Wenger goes after Gibson, he's after first team football.

Edit: If you thought the England kit was bad, you've not seen the accompanying goalkeeper kit.

EngawayGK.jpg

Not quite as brilliant as this cracker the heros a Fulham have pulled together, serious. This is for sale.

Fulham2.jpg

Edited by Fresh

haha, thought that Fulham one was a joke, but it's yours for only £16.99!

haha, thought that Fulham one was a joke, but it's yours for only £16.99!

Bargain! It's alright though if that's not your taste. You can always get your hands on this beauty.

Fulham2a.jpg

Well that rules Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal out. How about Wenger goes after Gibson, he's after first team football.

Rules us out even though he has a year left on a deal with us.. :laughing: Cool story bro.

Clichy looks like he is headed to man city!

I really need to see another couple of signings from liverpool!

Craig Mackail-Smith has gone to Brighton for an undisclosed fee, most likely breaking Brighton's transfer record for the third time since gaining promotion.

They're my pick for promotion to the Premiership next season, they're an exciting attacking team and they seem prepared to pay for the talent necessary to make it in the Championship. Mackail-Smith was being courted by Premier League clubs, so Gus Poyet and his team must have had a pretty convincing plan to get him on board.

This, along with Leicester's spending, and Birmingham and West Ham being back in the Championship it's looking like it's going to be a very exciting season and even tougher than usual.

Clichy looks like he is headed to man city!

Good deal for all involved.

He'd been at Arsenal 8 years, was very average last season. Started to cop a lot of stick and rightly so for some awful mishaps in the box. He gets a new challenge, we get a nice sum and hopefully put that towards a new defender. Baines please Arsene!

killthenet; not completely convinced by brighton at the moment. I'm worried it's going to be too many new players for the squad to cope, and I'm uncertain they'll merge effectively. Poyet has had a season where, realistically, he's been managing his squad well but tactically he's been able to coast. This season will test him to see whether he's actually any good - back-to-back promotion (while not alien to the BAHA men in general) isn't expected at all. A solid season in their new stadium will bring in good money next year - I expext then they may be more of a fighting force for the upper leagues.

Tevez seeks City departure

Striker wants to leave to be close to family

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has declared that he wants to leave the club this summer but has asked for the fans' understanding.

The Argentina international submitted a transfer request in December, before quickly performing a dramatic U-turn and pledging his commitment to the club following clear-the-air talks.

His long-term future remained the subject of intense speculation but manager Roberto Mancini always expressed confidence that he would stay.

Mancini stated over the weekend that he planned to keep Tevez after a proposed swap deal with Inter Milan for Samuel Eto'o fell through.

City's FA Cup success and UEFA Champions League qualification also appeared to boost their chances of holding on to the 27-year-old, but the reasons for his decision are more personal.

Tevez has never made a secret of the fact that he misses his children, who have been living with their mother back in Argentina, and he wants to put their interests first.

The news that he is again seeking a departure will come as a major blow to City, considering the impact he has made since controversially joining from local rivals Manchester United in 2009.

Tevez's announcement comes on the same day that City made their first signing of the summer, bringing in Gael Clichy from Arsenal.

"It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club," he said in a statement.

"Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them."

Manchester City have yet to respond to the statement and attempts to speak with Tevez will be complicated due to his present commitment to Argentina at the Copa America.

Absolutely brilliant, he's a whinging piece of s**t and has been from the moment he joined. Great player but very, very stupid. I can genuinely believe he wants to be with his daughters and their mother, who was reported to not enjoy England so moved back to Argentina. Apparently she would consider a move with him and his girls to a country with a more Latin culture. Hint hint.

It's so drawn out. Just pack him off to Real Madrid, take the £30-odd million and then await his return when Real are drawn in the same group as Man City.

Liverpool have to pay £20 mil for downing.

Not convinced with that!

Indeed, he is travelling to agree personal terms and complete a medical!

We just need some good wingers now.

Left back is still a must. Aurelio is class, but made of glass. Insua is average. Konchesky is absolutely awful, and Robinson is good, but only 17.

With Adam coming, it looks even more likely that Meireles and/or Aquilani are going.

Its a shame you know because in Insua's first season I actually really liked him and thought he looked very promising. Just after that he never seemed to show any of that promise again.

Yeah a left back is essential. We do have some promising youngsters so hopefully we will have plenty in all areas.

Looks like Inter Milan are getting stripped of their 2006 league title for match-fixing... The title which was handed to them because of Juventus' match-fixing :p Italian football is so dirty. Lucky for Inter, legal proceedings can't be brought against them since it is just over 5 years from when they did it, and Italy's Statute of Limitations states that the maximum time after an event that legal proceedings can be initiated is five years.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/05/2561307/revealed-inter-will-almost-certainly-be-stripped-of-2006

Any seen Wright's attack on Wenger in the Sun? Read it via BBC and he says what a few of my mates that support Arsenal think. Wonder if Wenger will respond?