NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Liverpool won 4-3 in their first preseason game. 23 players used.

Poulsen, Ngog, Coddy and Carrol all scored. we should have won 4-1 but 2 late goals from the opposition made it a little interesting.

From the reports it seems Adam played well and Pacheco was used out wide with great effect.

Comfortable 4-0 to Arsenal against a Malaysian XI. Nothing much to report, Miyaichi and Jenkinson looked alright. Denilson got subbed after 20 minutes in the second half and went off in a huff.

In all a good pre-season session.

You know what you will get with him, a useful player and will fire crosses in for Caroll to get on the end of.

What is strange however is Liverpool will spend £85million on Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing while United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phil Jones, Ashley Young and Wesley Sneijder. I certainly won't be complaining.

Really? De Gea looks promising, but is still so young. Jones is great, but won't have any impact since he's down the pecking order. Downing > Young imo.

Carroll is going to be massive, I'm convinced of it. He'll be banging them in next season. Henderson is good and versatile. Charlie Adam gives you immense quality from set pieces, among other qualities, and he gives absolutely everything on the pitch.

I'm happy with our signings so far, we really need a left back though. I think Cissokho from Lyon is looking like a likely target. Backup striker, and a new CB might also be needed.

Can't believe how many CMs we have. Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Spearing, Shelvey, Henderson, Aquilani, Adam. Could even count Poulsen, but he barely qualifies as a player, same with Cole. I'm fairly sure Aquilani and/or Meireles will leave, hoping it's none, as I'd be disappointed to see either go.

Really? De Gea looks promising, but is still so young.

Absolutely, De Gea may be the most exciting keeper prospect in the world right now and while he is young, lets not forget how young Casillas was when he became Real Madrid's no 1, he show's great composure and decisions an area normally lacking in young keepers. As well as this he's the future Spain number 1 played over 60 games for a top Spanish team, a 2011 Under 21 European Championship winner a UEFA Europa League winner and a UEFA Super Cup winner. His age is a very deceptive figure when considering this keeper.

Jones is great, but won't have any impact since he's down the pecking order.

Unfortunately, or possibly fortunately, it would seem he's not too far down the pecking order. Wes has gone and so has John. Evans is not quiet developing has hoped and this could be a big season for him if he gets some game time. It can be fair to say Vidic and Ferdinand, first two. After them Smalling and Jones. Rio tends to pick up and injury and it's going to be a very packed season with many many games. Fergie wants number 20 and wants the Champions League so you may see Smalling and Jones playing as joint 3rd choice as players are rested often.

Downing > Young imo.

Simply the only reason Downing seems to be more expensive than Young is that he had another year on his contract to run. It's widely known that the comparison between the two is quite stupid, they are different players. Young likes to play in the hole and is a position you can't play unless some part of you in a clever player. He is quick, tricky but he's also a good footballer and works extremely hard. He's just a good all round player who can play anywhere across the midfield apart from central midfield in a 2 man midfield as that's asking a little much. Young is only second behind Fabregas for assists in the Premiership in the last 4 seasons, he's a valuable asset.

Stewart Downing is a very good player and severely underated by anyone who simply judges by his England performances 4 years ago. He's extremely quick, only second in the Villa squad behind Gabby and they had Walker/Young who are both pretty pacey! He rarely ever gives the ball away, his crossing is excellent, he's good on both feet, makes good decisions. His only fault is that he is not sometimes direct enough, if you compare him to Adam Johnson, he runs directly at players and commits them, Downing when on fire does it and to be fair glides past players but a lot of the time he never really goes past players, more opens up half a yard. Saying that, that's also a quality because instead of running into areas of trouble, he does pick out good options.

Speaking of Adam Johnson apparently liverpool are in for him aswell. It really is crazy season.

I dont think we need another striker. Play Kuyt upfront and have a right winger and things are peachy! We do need a left back as cover for injury prone Aurelio.

Left back, Right Winger and we are done imo.

Sell Cole, poulsen, Aquilani, maxi, Ivanovic and meireles and that will be the season done.

Downing > Young imo.

Simply put, no. Everything I said about Young's transfer fee being inflated counts double on Downing.

Speaking of Adam Johnson apparently liverpool are in for him aswell. It really is crazy season.

I dont think we need another striker. Play Kuyt upfront and have a right winger and things are peachy! We do need a left back as cover for injury prone Aurelio.

Left back, Right Winger and we are done imo.

Sell Cole, poulsen, Aquilani, maxi, Ivanovic and meireles and that will be the season done.

Johnson would be immense, quality player. Really can't see him leaving for another English team though.

Suarez, Carroll, Kuyt, N'gog. Suppose that's ok, but N'gog is just terrible.

Jovanovic hasn't been given a squad number according to the squad bit on our site, so it's looking pretty certain he's going. Poulsen and Cole to go, i'd keep the others.

We have alot of midfielders to keep happy.

Cole and Jovanovic are gone for me. But that leave our midfield with:

Center: Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Spearing, Meireles, Aquilani & Henderson.

Wide: Maxi, Downing, Kuyt.

That is before we buy anyone else.

Options would be to play Gerrard wide right Adam and lucas in the middle with downing left. Saurez playing just behind Carol / Kuyt. We arn't in europe and if we get knocked out in any competition early we will have a servere lack of games for all that midfield power.

It's options though, each player offers something different. Factor in injuries and loss of form, it's not that overcrowded.

Adam scored his first goal for the club. And just like last year Ngog cant stop scoring in the meaningless friendlies. Yet when the season starts i bet he wont score for sh1t.

Gervinho confirmed an Arsenal player today, Denilson going to Sao Paolo for a years loan. Let the transfer floodgates open Arsene.

Saw in on a football blog I follow today, it's just gorgeous at times. A perfect 4 minutes and the best way to finish my long Monday. : )

Saw in on a football blog I follow today, it's just gorgeous at times. A perfect 4 minutes and the best way to finish my long Monday. : )

Awesome! I think I'll end my day on that note and go to bed.

Anyone else catch Dispatches? Absolutely disgusting stuff about rich investors wanting to get into football purely for the money. Bryan Robson found in a web of shit that will probably ruin his future involvement in the game.

The worst thing was watching it and already knowing this kind of crap goes on, cunts just wanting to ruin teams, clubs and communities for a quick buck. And there's no one in the FA, UEFA, FIFA who gives a toss and fans just get taken for a ride.

It's on Channel 4's website if anyone did miss it, too lazy to link to it.

Well, I was thinking of putting this in the good stuff thread, but It's more football related so i'll put it here.

Got my 'runners up' medal for Pro-5 (only a week late). We finished 2nd place in League 3 last season,

photopjz.jpg

now we're 2 games into league 2, lost the first 8-3:hmm: but won last night 6-1.

leaguey.jpg

LLyodys FC were the team that won the last league and got their 4th star, they won by 1 point the fuckers, and they were also the team that dicked us 8-3 last week in our first fixture in league 2. Not alot of love for those guys.

If any of you guys play pro-5 (which i'm sure alot do) why not stick up your results and leagues here too?

Top stuff Murr. Nice medal too!

I don't play all that regular (read: twice in about 6 months). Had a kick about with some work colleagues for the first time on Sunday. Couldn't believe how bad some of them were at football though, the team I was on lost 10-7. People were missing sitters left right and centre. I'm not trying to say I'm amazing, but you at least expect someone to have the ability to control the ball, look up (this being the key part) and then pass the ball.

When I play 5-a-side I'm all about communicating and passing, you've got to play with your head up not looking at your toes.

Not a great pre-season for us (Chelsea) so far.

3-0 win against Wycombe

1-0 win against Portsmouth

1-0 win against Malaysian XI

...both the goals in the 1-0 wins being own goals!

Liverpool look likely to keep Aquilani. Unless we play 4-5-1 all season we have too many midfielders. Need another winger.

Just picked up this:

mufc-94426.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=95

:D

Had a look at the new blue away kit too. Looks and feels really nice as it goes. Was tempted to buy it but man it is blue....

Unlike most people I actually only wear my shirts for playing football in, don't really like wearing them with jeans etc. Do 5-a-side on wednesdays but not in a league on anything.

Naughty Mario has been up to no good again.

He then didn't sit with the team and threw his water bottle at Mancini.

Friendly or not it was disrespectful to the other side, Fair play to Mancini.