NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

That 6-plus-5 rule rubbish was put to bed by the EU years ago, it completely goes against working regulation and law within the EU.

The only explanation for the increase price of English 'talent' is because there is some irrational fear that foreigners taking over our league ruins it. Greed and lack of professionalism is to blame. If English youngsters kicked out the chav boozing culture and worked harder on becoming a professional we'd see an increase of good English players coming through. Too much too young.

I have to giggle at;

The only explanation for the increase price of English 'talent' is because there is some irrational fear that foreigners taking over our league ruins it. Greed and lack of professionalism is to blame. If English youngsters kicked out the chav boozing culture and worked harder on becoming a professional we'd see an increase of good English players coming through. Too much too young.

Rather taking it to the extreme don't you think?

There are many, many more reasons and maybe one example of which could be the 90 contact minutes rule. I suggest you look at such things and the circumstances in which a young player, and the staff working with them have to work under and then see if your opinion changes. Now I agree somewhat that some young players do not choose the right path however that does happen all over the world and is by no means limited to England.

Now the Six-plus-Five rules has been "hardly 'put to bed' FIFA are still intent on limiting the number of foreign players in a league . While the rule doesn't exist as of yet it can explain some of the increases in price. For a rather nice summary on the rules, their intentions and their repercussions one can be found here.

Put to bed as in shot down 3 years ago.. Link. I mean they want to implement it in 2 years time according to a 3 year old report. Try getting that through European court in that time then giving clubs enough time to adapt. It aint happening any time soon.

There are many, many more reasons and maybe one example of which could be the 90 contact minutes rule.

Club scouting area means theirs a lack of English talent? Move over, it means it's fairer for clubs to recruit young players. Otherwise the big clubs would have a complete monopoly.

So I read that the president of Serie A side Palermo has said on Italian radio that the player Ricardo Alvarez they were interested in signing in January has turned them down to sign for Arsenal.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/24/2546122/ricardo-alvarez-has-already-signed-for-arsenal-palermo-president-

He's been likened to Lionel Messi with his silky dribbling and attacking flair. If he has signed for us then it seems like a good signing.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Put to bed as in shot down 3 years ago.. Link. I mean they want to implement it in 2 years time according to a 3 year old report. Try getting that through European court in that time then giving clubs enough time to adapt. It aint happening any time soon.

This is FIFA we are taking about here, the same people who gave Qatar the World Cup. Come on Qatar. If you really still do not understand that this this will go ahead and the EU Parliament (not court, the court is a very different thing entirely) I suggest you read the following article and hopefully it can proved a bigger picture for you. [Link]

Club scouting area means theirs a lack of English talent? Move over, it means it's fairer for clubs to recruit young players. Otherwise the big clubs would have a complete monopoly.

Again I suggest you read this article for the understanding on the 90 minute contact rule. Essentially it limits youngsters aged 16 and under to no more than 90 minutes a day of work with their clubs coaches. However there is currently a youth review going on at the moment which is said to be looking at this area. The rules you mention is also interesting, Keane would seem to dissagree with you. [Link].

This is FIFA we are taking about here, the same people who gave Qatar the World Cup. Come on Qatar. If you really still do not understand that this this will go ahead and the EU Parliament (not court, the court is a very different thing entirely) I suggest you read the following article and hopefully it can proved a bigger picture for you. [Link]

Again I suggest you read this article for the understanding on the 90 minute contact rule. Essentially it limits youngsters aged 16 and under to no more than 90 minutes a day of work with their clubs coaches. However there is currently a youth review going on at the moment which is said to be looking at this area. The rules you mention is also interesting, Keane would seem to dissagree with you. [Link].

First point lets put it this way I linked to an article from one of the worlds best news sites with direct quotes stating fifa would struggle to get 5 plus 6 through EU law. You link me to a blog site.. [i've not read it, I've just got in from work, can't really be bothered at the minute - fact is, you over paid for Young. No biggy]

Second point kids under 16 need to spend more than 90 mins a day with coaches? Come on now, they're kids for fucks sake. 90 minutes a day, that's 630 minutes a week with a coach is sufficient. This does not rule out them playing in the school play ground or with friends? You know the old fashioned way of kicking a ball against a wall or practicing shots on your own.

First point lets put it this way I linked to an article from one of the worlds best news sites with direct quotes stating fifa would struggle to get 5 plus 6 through EU law. You link me to a blog site.. [i've not read it, I've just got in from work, can't really be bothered at the minute - fact is, you over paid for Young. No biggy]

Second point kids under 16 need to spend more than 90 mins a day with coaches? Come on now, they're kids for fucks sake. 90 minutes a day, that's 630 minutes a week with a coach is sufficient. This does not rule out them playing in the school play ground or with friends? You know the old fashioned way of kicking a ball against a wall or practicing shots on your own.

Here we go again. You've misinterpreted absolutely everything that has been written and take a rather uninformed opinion. Time to take this one apart.

First point lets put it this way I linked to an article from one of the worlds best news sites with direct quotes stating fifa would struggle to get 5 plus 6 through EU law.

The world's best news site is a rather debatable angle, since they tend to be very slow with news but I'll just let that slide. FIFA are in favour of the rules being in place and while I understand the point in regard to EU law you must understand how these things work and that there will be some flexibility. FIFA is intent on this being pushed through and we all knows such things as 'morals' and 'laws' do not, if they were to entirely block their plans (which they don't), normally stop them.

You link me to a blog site..

I suppose I did however if you did read it you would understand that often it has been well written by some informed people. I understand the case you so crudely make in regard to it's reputation however.

My opinion is, you over paid for Young. No biggy]

Just edited that round to be true.

Again another massive misunderstanding. I'm not starting I'm for or against the 90 minute contact rule, it's contact with coaches so the demeaning tone of your post it rather unnecessary, I have no stance on the issue, I never said I did. You really should understand the system before you criticise it. I am stating that without it you could achieve similar results seen in Spain for example where under 16's are allowed much more contact time with coaches. Now as everyone will understand that this in some way will limit the number of top quality players through, and push up the price of those who do make it. It's rather simple to understand.

If you really wish to bark on about the price of Young then maybe you should take up some of the following points as well.

- Average of 10 goal per season (Well,almost)

- Great set piece taker

- Pace

- Versatility

- Never injured (almost)

- Creativity

- English

- Many assists/Good crosses (- Ashley Young is 7th on the PL assist rate list with 0.46 assists/game.)

- Left winger

- Young

- Plus the most important one for me, Aston Villa Captain (when Petrov was out)

Now can we move on, it seems we will just not going to agree on this at all.

In lighter news here is Chicharito scoring with his crouch. They all count!

So again you've failed to provide evidence that proves Fifa can and still intend to push through 5 plus 6. Bravo.

As for your 90 minutes a day, I see what you're saying if they had more time they could be better. However this ruling doesn't really limit youth players all that much and most teams have successful academies running. The real issues aren't with the under-16s they lie in the area between 17-21, where the players get too much too soon. They think they've made it when they're in the reserves.

I could make an Arsenal XI out of young English players who thought they were ready but weren't at that age and now play in League 2.

As for Ashley Young, I've piped on about him ever since I saw him play at Watford years ago, so don't think I don't consider him a good player. Saying that, it doesn't mean you've not over paid for him. I mean 4 years Thierry Henry cost £16 million and Young is worth about the same (admittedly the Henry deal was a bit special with all money up front but the prices are still similar).

So again you've failed to provide evidence that proves Fifa can and still intend to push through 5 plus 6. Bravo.

As for your 90 minutes a day, I see what you're saying if they had more time they could be better. However this ruling doesn't really limit youth players all that much and most teams have successful academies running. The real issues aren't with the under-16s they lie in the area between 17-21, where the players get too much too soon. They think they've made it when they're in the reserves.

I could make an Arsenal XI out of young English players who thought they were ready but weren't at that age and now play in League 2.

As for Ashley Young, I've piped on about him ever since I saw him play at Watford years ago, so don't think I don't consider him a good player. Saying that, it doesn't mean you've not over paid for him. I mean 4 years Thierry Henry cost £16 million and Young is worth about the same (admittedly the Henry deal was a bit special with all money up front but the prices are still similar).

The little 'Bravo' was not really needed was it? However I will allow it a little as you have proveded evidence in reguard to a few quotes. However it is well known that FIFA are intent on bringing in home grown rules the FA already have it, that started this year.

The Henry deal certainly was special, however it was over ten years ago. and it in an interesting point you raise about the years 17-21. Have you looked at the likes of Ravel Morrison? Nice article in the Mirror [Link] that would really show what you are talking about here and it is a real shame to see a player of such quality on the pitch to have such troubles off.

In other news a interesting pieice in the Mail, I know. [Link]. Usual crap like 'the next Messi' from their spokesman, however is this a good idea?

They may get as little as 6 games if they don't make it past the group stages and without the reserves leage that could mean no games after christmas.

Sixteen clubs including Barcelona and Inter Milan have confirmed their involvement in The Nextgen Series - a six-month format which allows the continent's top young footballers to compete against each other week in, week out for the first time.

Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, PSV, Celtic and Sporting Lisbon will also take part.

Sanctioned by UEFA and the FA, the tournament has been established to help Europe's best teenagers make the transition from youth football to senior level.

Four groups of four teams will battle it out home and away from August, with the top two progressing to the knockout stages which begin in January.

The tournament is the brainchild of ex-pro and former Watford Academy manager Mark Warburton and TV producer Justin Andrews.

Warburton said: "The Nextgen Series will provide a cognitive learning environment for players to experience how best to cope with the pressures of top-level football."

Organisers believe young players will benefit from travelling abroad and facing new styles of play, as well as being officiated by top referees and having to deal with media interest.

Clubs confirmed include Barcelona, Inter Milan, Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, Marseille, Sporting Lisbon, Wolfsburg, Molde, PSV, Celtic, FC Basel, Fenerbahce and Rosenborg.

For more information visit The NextGen Series - Step into the future of football

Apparently we've whacked an £18m bid for Juan Mata, great talent and still quite young. Hopefully there's some truth to the rumour and that we seal the deal.

Apparently we've whacked an £18m bid for Juan Mata, great talent and still quite young. Hopefully there's some truth to the rumour and that we seal the deal.

So far we're going for Mata, Alvarez, Gervinho and Samba.

I'll settle for those additions :heh:

Mata would be a great signing,

Can't understand why there isn't more interest in him to be honest.

any worries about Nasri? Reckon he would actually be sold to United?

It'll be nice to have some trophy winners in the squad, a nice dose of winning mentality is priceless.

We've been heavily linked with Mata, not sure if any bids have gone in.

Looking likely Fabregas will go, he's irreplaceable imo.

any worries about Nasri? Reckon he would actually be sold to United?

If he doesn't want to sign he can piss off, we're prepared to give him a top deal to match Cesc's from what I hear. I also hear should (read: when) Cesc leave we're prepared to make him highest earner. But if thats not enough, he can go. However I doubt Wenger would sell to Man Utd, one of our better players to the league champions and title rivals isn't Wenger's style.

Anyone heard any decent chants for Ryan Giggs for this upcoming season yet?

Anyone heard any decent chants for Ryan Giggs for this upcoming season yet?

Vieiraaaaaa - woaaaah

Vieiraaaaaa - woooooah

He gave Giggsy The Ball

'N Arsenal Won Fuck All!

Vieiraaaaaa - woaaaah

Vieiraaaaaa - woooooah

He gave Giggsy The Ball

'N Arsenal Won Fuck All!

Decent ones..?

Vieiraaaaaa - woaaaah

Vieiraaaaaa - woooooah

He gave Giggsy The Ball

'N Arsenal Won Fuck All!

I prefer this one

I prefer this one

I don't. :heh:

On an Arsenal and Chelsea related note: I was watching some youtube vids yesterday. Watched the one where Kanu destroyed Chelsea with a hat-trick. What a game. That last goal was amazing.

Kanu the ageless man, wiki says he's 34. That can't be right

Hahahaha. No way. He was about 34 when he joined Arsenal. :heh:

And...when he joined Portsmouth.

Edit: HAHA. You reckon that's bad? According to Wiki, Yakubu is only 28! :o

No way.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Hahahaha. No way. He was about 34 when he joined Arsenal. :heh:

And...when he joined Portsmouth.

Edit: HAHA. You reckon that's bad? According to Wiki, Yakubu is only 28! :o

No way.

This problem all comes down to so many of them not having birth certificates. Players often have a football age which just starts from when they are picked up by local teams and they will start in the under 16s and thats it they are 15/16 from then even they are older...

Kanu is apparently something like 42 (thats what us Portsmouth fans believe lol) Yakubu is never only 28.....there is something dodgy about Yakubu he played in the same youth team as Celestine Babayaro etc... and was the same age...Babayaro is listed as 32 on wikipedia, so where did Yakubu gain 4 years from?!

IN other news did anyone see that River Plate got relegated? They have won the title a record 33 times, that would be like if Man Utd went down!

This problem all comes down to so many of them not having birth certificates. Players often have a football age which just starts from when they are picked up by local teams and they will start in the under 16s and thats it they are 15/16 from then even they are older...

Kanu is apparently something like 42 (thats what us Portsmouth fans believe lol) Yakubu is never only 28.....there is something dodgy about Yakubu he played in the same youth team as Celestine Babayaro etc... and was the same age...Babayaro is listed as 32 on wikipedia, so where did Yakubu gain 4 years from?!

IN other news did anyone see that River Plate got relegated? They have won the title a record 33 times, that would be like if Man Utd went down!

Yeah, there's something dodgy going on there. Yakubu could easily be 38...there's no way he's only 4 years older than me.

Babayaro must be older than 32 as well! I might be getting my memories all mixed up, though.

I did hear about River Plate earlier. That's pretty shocking stuff. It's unthinkable (almost, I guess) in this country.