NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

What a prick, so much talent, but the worlds biggest prick on the football field.

Well done Mancini.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Love the Yank commentary.

Seriously what is that guys problem? Is he like this on purpose, or is he naturally a total douche.

He earns however much a week doing something he loves, and he acts like a spoilt brat. Can't stand him.

And Uruguay won the Copa America! Suarez scored the first in a 3-0 win over Paraguay. :)

*cough* he obviously thought he was offside *cough*

The he should have been immediately dismissed for kicking the ball away...

Liverpool losing 3-0 to Hull is not great. But it is preseason and it is about fitness for the players.

Downing made his debut though so that was good!

What a debut by the sounds of it.

In this post: Friendlies, serious business.

So you don't try to win in a friendly? Is that why your boy scored that spectacular own goal in his friendly? Because it was all just a bit of fun?

In this post: Questions, serious business.

Obviously friendlies are there to be won. But they are more about match fitness. Not overly concerned as we have won all the others so far and had some good performances.

So you don't try to win in a friendly? Is that why your boy scored that spectacular own goal in his friendly? Because it was all just a bit of fun?

In this post: Questions, serious business.

Yes that's why Carl 'my boy' Jenkinson scored that spectacular own goal. :indeed:

The performance and fitness gained far outweigh the result in any friendly.

But surely the result reflects the performance. So you think Downing had a magnificent debut performance, yet still Liverpool lost 3-0 to Hull?

I am aware of what the pre-season friendlies mean for squads, it just doesn't sound like it was a debut to remember for Downing >_> Doi.

No one remembers pre-season once the season is underway, the league debut is what counts.

But surely the result reflects the performance.

Not necessarily, in the event of experimental tactics, giving youngsters a chance. The performance can still be of more importance than winning. You learn more from a defeat than a victory.

All I'm refuting is your sarcastic comment suggesting friendlies aren't serious business. Try telling that to Mancini after his reaction to Balotelli for playing about in front of goal.

All I'm refuting is your sarcastic comment suggesting friendlies aren't serious business. Try telling that to Mancini after his reaction to Balotelli for playing about in front of goal.

Hold up, my sarcastic comment. May I refer you to exhibit one:

What a debut by the sounds of it.

I believe it was your sarcastic comment that started this discussion. :blank:

Internets: Serious Business.

Couldn't resist.

"Super Mario" should disappear down the warp pipe he originated from.

I wasn't debating who started the discussion, I was debating your opinion on how friendlies aren't taken seriously.

Someone has to start a discussion, doi.

I wasn't debating who started the discussion, I was debating your opinion on how friendlies aren't taken seriously.

Someone has to start a discussion, doi.

I think I've explained my stance on friendlies, of course there is a degree of seriousness in the game. No athlete wants to lose, but for reasons already stated there are other factors that are more important in pre-season.

Liverpool losing 3-0 to Hull in pre-season, could mean very little in terms of Downing's debut. He may or may not have had a good game himself.

Saw this on FB, thought I might pass it on:

What do people make of it? I don't care for the music as I dislike it when people can really get upset over football, but I agree with the general sentiment.

From what i read downing came on in the second half and played well. He narrowly missed scoring. So not overly concerned.

The main thing is to have all the big guns available for the start of the season.

I read that Suarez is cutting his holiday short so that he can be ready for the start of the league season for Liverpool. That is commitment!!!

I read that Suarez is cutting his holiday short so that he can be ready for the start of the league season for Liverpool. That is commitment!!!

Another summer of football and cutting his break short won't do him too good. 2 full years of football on the bounce is asking for an injury.

For anyone missing the football, theres pre season action of the Audi Cup live right now and tomorrow on ITV4. Features Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan & Internactional. Worth having in the background :)