NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Penalty decisions for the away team at Old Trafford? Not on Howard Webb's watch.

I remember defending that decision when Owen scored in the 97th minute. There was a goal and 2 subs I think, so I thought it was right to play that long.

It's not that they score late goals, it's that they're given so much time to do so with over-generous additional time.

I remember defending that decision when Owen scored in the 97th minute. There was a goal and 2 subs I think, so I thought it was right to play that long.

It's not that they score late goals, it's that they're given so much time to do so with over-generous additional time.

Yeah but I'm arguing that people only think they get extra stoppage time because they score goals in it and so it becomes a talking point and so people think it's a regular occurrence.

Arsenal secure the signing of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Source:Arsenal.com

Good signing, top young talent. From what I read Southampton have got themselves a handy deal of £7M up front with add-ons up to £12M.

Would really like Wenger to whack £20M on Cahill now and get that sorted.

Arsenal secure the signing of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Source:Arsenal.com

Good signing, top young talent. From what I read Southampton have got themselves a handy deal of £7M up front with add-ons up to £12M.

Would really like Wenger to whack £20M on Cahill now and get that sorted.

Great signing. Am I the only one who thinks Gary Cahill is seriously overated? certainly not worth anything close to £20 million. I'd doubt i'd even put him in the top 10 centre back in the Premiership.

Great signing. Am I the only one who thinks Gary Cahill is seriously overated? certainly not worth anything close to £20 million. I'd doubt i'd even put him in the top 10 centre back in the Premiership.

I'd agree to some extent, but the way the market is the clubs know we want a centre back and we're only going to get a player for an inflated price.

Personally out of all the centre backs we've been linked with I think Cahill has the most potential and versatility. Plus I reckon we'd get more years and games out of him.

I'd agree to some extent, but the way the market is the clubs know we want a centre back and we're only going to get a player for an inflated price.

Personally out of all the centre backs we've been linked with I think Cahill has the most potential and versatility. Plus I reckon we'd get more years and games out of him.

He does have age going for him, which is one of the reason I'm a bit wary about Jagielka, he's not getting any younger.

He does have age going for him, which is one of the reason I'm a bit wary about Jagielka, he's not getting any younger.

If I'm not mistaken over the passed two seasons Jagielka's had quite a few injuries. In saying that Cahill had that blood clot last season which is a bit of a worry.

£7M! Wow, this transfer window certainly is surprising. Might end up to be a sherwd peice of business but is he really the player Arsenal need at the moment? I'm sure Wenger has some other targets in mind as I fully expect him to announce a defender soon.

£7M! Wow, this transfer window certainly is surprising. Might end up to be a sherwd peice of business but is he really the player Arsenal need at the moment? I'm sure Wenger has some other targets in mind as I fully expect him to announce a defender soon.

To be fair he's someone we've been tracking for ages. Wenger does have other targets, he said after the Benfica game that someone of super quality would be arriving at the emirates this week....

That'll probably be Pascal Cygan as a coach then.

He's not the player we need at all, but a welcome addition to the squad and player Wenger has been after for a while.

Transfer market prices are mad now though. £7M would have got a world cup winner in 2002.

:laughing:

Oh Kléberson, what a hero. I thought he was closer to £6M, still goes to prove your point even more though.

I watched the game against City and really enjoyed it. Thought it was a great game. It was crazy how we went 2-0 down though, really out of nowhere. My man of the match was either Tom Cleverley or Ashley Young, as both were grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and looked really up for it.

De Gea is going to make mistakes. He's a very young goalkeeper and is at the very start of his United career. He isn't going to be flawless because no player is. Schmeichel made some fuck-ups back in the day. Van Der Sar did, as well. Let's also remember how the likes of Vidic and Evra performed at the start of their United careers. They looked a lot worse than De Gea, much worse. He'll do well. I'm sure of it.

Getting the winner right at the end of the game was just brilliant. Even at 2-0 down, I knew we'd get back into it. We were playing too well to just go home with nothing. Cleverley has impressed me for some time, and I hope for his sake that he gets some games this season. If he does, then I can see him bringing some energy to midfield. He is energetic but also a creative player. We need that.

De Gea is going to make mistakes. He's a very young goalkeeper and is at the very start of his United career. He isn't going to be flawless because no player is. Schmeichel made some fuck-ups back in the day. Van Der Sar did, as well. Let's also remember how the likes of Vidic and Evra performed at the start of their United careers. They looked a lot worse than De Gea, much worse. He'll do well. I'm sure of it.

And then you get keepers like Barthez who made mistakes at the start, middle and end of his Man Utd career. :heh:

And then you get keepers like Barthez who made mistakes at the start, middle and end of his Man Utd career. :heh:

Barthez being born was a mistake.

The guy was a fucking catastrophe. I winced at every single game he played in. I'm not exaggerating. I used to go to bed seriously worried every night about that baguette.

Barthez being born was a mistake.

The guy was a fucking catastrophe. I winced at every single game he played in. I'm not exaggerating. I used to go to bed seriously worried every night about that baguette.

I remember him in World Cup '98. Frickin' amazing. Then he went to Man Utd and God knows what happened to him.

Goal keeping blunders is a bit of rich subject for Arsenal fans recently, but just to stay on topic.. Massimo Taibi.

:nono:

That Blind Venetian. I don't know which thread is more horrific now. This one or the one about the London Rioting.

I remember him in World Cup '98. Frickin' amazing. Then he went to Man Utd and God knows what happened to him.

He was good in that Tournament, but he never turned it on in a United shirt.

Blackburn Rovers put together a document to potential buyers of 5 players and it's got leaked to the media

Several Blackburn Rovers stars have had full details of their pay deals splashed all over the papers after a secret sale document was leaked.

Premier League – Stars’ wage details leaked

The Daily Mirror obtained a copy of a sale brochure produced by Indian negotiator Krish Naidoo that was put together to try and help the club offload El Hadji Diouf, Keith Andrews, Vince Grella and Nikola Kalinic.

The quartet of big earners are all up for grabs as Blackburn’s Indian owners try to slash their wage bill by £500,000 a month, and the details of the players’ deals make for fascinating reading.

Volatile midfielder Diouf – once dubbed “the most hated man in football” – earns £30,000 a week, with an extra £5,000 every time he takes part in a match. The player has already been told he is surplus to requirements at Ewood Park, with West Ham keen to take him but Rovers insist that the Hammers must cover his entire wage bill if he is to leave on loan.

The club are demanding a £500,000 loan fee should anyone want Australian international Grella, who is on £30,000 a week plus £6,000 for every match he plays.

Andrews, meanwhile, is on £21,000 plus £2,000 for every appearance – but his incredible contract guarantees him a pay rise after every five matches, as well as handing him an annual extra payment of £26,667. Should Rovers sell the Irish international, his former club MK Dons will be entitled to a 10 per cent cut of any fee over £1m.

Croatian striker Kalinic, meanwhile, is struggling to make ends meet on a flat rate of £30,000 a week. No wonder he is in the process of trying to complete a £6m move to Ukrainian side Dnipro.

whoever Keith Andrew's agent is must be a genius to have got that contract agreed, payrise after every 5 games played, that's insane

Those Venky's really have no idea.

As you say though gmac, who agrees that Keith Andrews deal..Absolutely crazy.

West Ham v Aldershot Carling Cup match postponed tomorrow. If these riots postpone the start of the football season I will not be fucking happy.

West Ham v Aldershot Carling Cup match postponed tomorrow. If these riots postpone the start of the football season I will not be fucking happy.

If it does, I say we riot about the rioting.

If it does, I say we riot about the rioting.

Thank god we're away to Newcastle. Couldn't get further away from the trouble on our doorstep.

But really why is that an advantage to United? the team that they are playing can also score in that additional time?

It's not as if the 4th official holds up the time board, and then the opposing team come off the pitch is it?

Yes United score alot of goals in stoppage time, but the stoppage time is there for BOTH teams to use???

do people really not see it that way?