NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Yeah. He seems to have a problem stopping the obvious at the moment. His reflexes in closer shots are fine he just seems to wait that fraction too long with more ranged shots. Once again, the goal came against the run of play - the rest of teh first half was brom's.

United still look like they've got more gears to find - with Nani, like the game against City, playing a little poorer than what is expected. Strange how, so far, the big teams have all seemingly struggled to get their act together. If it stays 1-1 (money's on Man U pulling a couple back, to be honest), then it's all for City to shine!

Torres looked good today, wanting the ball and making runs and aggravating defenders, got MotM which I think he deserved.

We had a couple of penalty shouts, the Lampard one was the clearest with a trip but Lampard also went down a bit easily. Still the ref had a clear view and should have given it.

De Gea should have stopped that goal, but Shane Long has been troubling Man U for quite a lot of the match.

I heard Lampard dived, not that I've seen the game or any highlights.

Well if you see highlights, Torres gets taken out at the edge of the box but inside, but the ref wasn't in best position but this one, like I said Lampard went down easy but he was still tripped and it was inside. Kalou goes down a couple of times but those were clear dives.

Have to add: fair play to Stoke though, they've got a good idea by getting some great crossers and Delap's throws. Pretty organised at the back as well.

I heard Lampard dived, not that I've seen the game or any highlights.

I thought it should be a penalty. He went down easily but he was definitely tripped.

Stoke were looking pretty good today I think. The defence played well together and they looked sharp on the counter attack. Begovic had a good game in goals. They're missing a few players too so when they're back they good be an even tougher side to play against.

I thought it was a good game. United were dominating at the start, but after West Brom made it 1-1, they really came into it.

2-1 seems like a fair scoreline, since I don't think West Brom really pushed on to win it. They looked fairly happy with the draw.

De Gea just needs time and the confidence will come. He's clearly got the ability, but it seems like he's over-thinking things at the moment. He wants to impress, and you can see that in his reaction after the goal went in. If he keeps his chin up and works hard in training, he'll be fine.

I thought Tom Cleverley looked good again today, looked very determined and provided a good spark in midfield. There was some great movement with the front four of Young, Nani, Rooney and Wellbeck, with Young and Nani providing some good width.

The downside of today was the injuries to Vidic and Ferdinand. Ferdinand will be out for six weeks, and Rafael is going to be out as well. Evra should hopefully be fine soon, but it means we can't really afford to pick up any other injuries. The backline that finished the game were De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Fabio. That's very young.

No better time than now to play Arsenal. Confident of 3 points at the Emirates, which I don't think I've ever said. No Fabregas, Nasri, Gervinho, maybe no Song and will Wilshere be back by then?

No idea whether Jack will be fit. A midfield of Walcott, Ramsey, Rosicky, Wilshere, Arshavin. Wouldn't be so bad.

No idea whether Jack will be fit. A midfield of Walcott, Ramsey, Rosicky, Wilshere, Arshavin. Wouldn't be so bad.

If all of them and fit and decide to turn up, then it's not too bad. I put Wilshere in my fantasy football team and the website was down so I couldn't change my selection. FUUUUUUU.

It's good for Arsenal that Cesc is gone. I can't imagine how shit the whole saga must have made Wenger, the players and the fans feel. They can move on now.

Can anyone tell me why BBC Sport and why the Match of the Day team were so enthusiastic about Torres yesterday? The movement was good, but the finishing was fucking terrible. How many times did he kick the ground yesterday? He's not as awful as last season, but that doesn't mean he was great. :heh:

If all of them and fit and decide to turn up, then it's not too bad.

Aye, it'll do for a game or so whilst Wenger gets the cheque book out.

Aye, it'll do for a game or so whilst Wenger gets the cheque book out.

I recommend Joey Barton. He's the future of England...

:laughing: *runs*

Edit: Apparantly Eboue is in talks with Galatasaray. Mass clear-out by Wenger, eh?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Can anyone tell me why BBC Sport and why the Match of the Day team were so enthusiastic about Torres yesterday? The movement was good, but the finishing was fucking terrible. How many times did he kick the ground yesterday? He's not as awful as last season, but that doesn't mean he was great. :heh:

I thought he was looking pretty good whilst watching the match. He was very sharp, his movement was good and he was obviously up for it.

I thought he was looking pretty good whilst watching the match. He was very sharp, his movement was good and he was obviously up for it.

But his final end product was poor every time. That effort in the second half when he was about two yards away from goal springs to mind, where he kicked the ground.

You'd expect the part about him being up for it, as it's the first game of the season. But, the movement and sharpness, you'd expect that from a 50million quid striker. He was the sharpest Chelsea player, yes, but the rest were quite poor yesterday.

But his final end product was poor every time. That effort in the second half when he was about two yards away from goal springs to mind, where he kicked the ground.

Was that the one after had that run into the box? I think Shawcross actually got a touch on it just after he fell over to take it away from his feet.

Was that the one after had that run into the box? I think Shawcross actually got a touch on it just after he fell over to take it away from his feet.

No, that was the first half. It was in the second half. I'll try and find a clip later if I can.

Our run in is tough, we've got Spurs at home, Arsenal at home, Bolton away, and Chelsea at home. (then Stoke away, which is also tough)

Not really a good time to lose some of our defenders. Vidic is the one I'm worried about. We can get Smalling to cover Rio, or even Evans or Jones to cover Rio and Smalling to cover Rafael like he did against West Brom.

Didn't really expect us to be using Jones this early on, but I'm sure he'll do a good job.

Just the video of Fabregas joining, He went on to kiss the badge.

fabregas_kiss_1972242c.jpg

Which really shouldn't annoy anyone since he has been wanting to join them for about 3 seasons now. One thing that does make me laugh is;

Imagine the worst situation, that we lose Nasri and Fabregas, you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that.

It is strange in a world where Carol is £35M, Downing £20M that Fabregas ins only a reported £35M. Really should be worth nearer £45M in any market let alone this inflated one we are in. Still Barca have just a unbelievable team now. Actually staggering the amount of quality players they have. Questions over how much game time Thiago will get now, he's been looking promising and I'd love to see someone who can promise him game time and ambitions to put in a bid for around £15M.

Blackburn manager Steve Kean been banned from driving after being caught drink-driving. Naughty boy.

Man U really having some injury problems right at beginning of the season, hopefully some teams can take advantage!

Downing for 20m isn't crazy really. Carroll for 35m is, but Downing is among the best wingers in England easily. He's just a complete winger, I really think he's going to be a massive success for us. He can cut inside and shoot, has a brilliant cross, has pace and has a high work rate.

Downing for 20m isn't crazy really. Carroll for 35m is, but Downing is among the best wingers in England easily. He's just a complete winger, I really think he's going to be a massive success for us. He can cut inside and shoot, has a brilliant cross, has pace and has a high work rate.

He's not really saying that 20 million is crazy. What he is saying is that when Downing is 20million, how is Fabregas only 30million (initially)?

I knew he had to go, but Barcelona have been very cheeky about that price. 30million for a footballer is good, but considering that he has one of the highest league assist totals in the last five years, (since 2006-07, it has been 71) and with about 30 goals to boot. How can they justify only giving 30/35 for him?

Arsenal had their hands tied though really, he made it clear he wanted to leave and Barca was his only destination. Barca had the upper hand in negotiation. I'd say that's why they got him cheaply.

He's not really saying that 20 million is crazy. What he is saying is that when Downing is 20million, how is Fabregas only 30million (initially)?

I knew he had to go, but Barcelona have been very cheeky about that price. 30million for a footballer is good, but considering that he has one of the highest league assist totals in the last five years, (since 2006-07, it has been 71) and with about 30 goals to boot. How can they justify only giving 30/35 for him?

It came down to unsettling him. In the end they battered the club into submission. Yeah you could say he was still under contract but once Fabregas had his head turned he was never going to be the same player he was. I'm a bit gutted because he was my hero in an Arsenal shirt. It's been on the cards for ages but I don't think it's sunk in until now, I still remember his first game against Rotherham like it was yesterday. You can tell as well that Wenger cares a lot about him and wouldn't keep him in the team just to spite Barca, it was inevitable.

I don't blame him at all for wanting to go home, it's just a bit shitty the way it all played out with the club being bullied. I think that's the beginning of the end now. The whole team has been modelled around him and I can see van Persie leaving too if suitable replacements aren't made. I'm kinda dreading tomorrow now and what might happen if we don't get a favourable result.

It was the same situation with Cristiano Ronaldo though and United got £80million for him. Lack of respect from Barca really.

John Obi Mikel was on Sky Sports earlier talking about the kidnapping of his father. His voice kept breaking and you could tell he was distraught but staying strong.

I hope the situation is sorted out, I have a lot of respect for Obi. He found out just before the match yesterday and still played.