NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

There's a petition here to try and get documents regarding Hillsborough released.

Currently has 95,482 signatures, would be great if some of you would sign it. :)

Barton has been banging on about this continually over twitter just constantly saying sign up.

What are you hoping this will acheive?

Barton has been banging on about this continually over twitter just constantly saying sign up.

What are you hoping this will acheive?

When it gets to 100,000 there's a chance it could be debated in parliament, and the families of those who died that day can finally know what exactly happened.

I thought an inquiry had already been held and details released. I know about what the effect of the signatures will do, I don't understand what more is wanted/ what hasn't been released to the public.

Liverpool's title challenge has just had a massive boost as they've managed to dupe Wolfsburg into buying Kyriakos.

What is that about?!

Taking the piss out of Frimpong who stuck his finger up at Lucas in the first half.

Fuck, that was a pretty great performance. Smalling looks like he's been playing right back at United for most of his life. Also, Ashley Young has settled in really, really quickly.

Thought the whole team played well. The goals were well worked, the highlight being Anderson's goal. He had a pretty great game, as well, a contender for Man of the Match.

Tottenham did pretty well in midfield when the game was 0-0 but they badly need a striker. 3-0 was harsh on them because they played ok, but they need to get a player or two in there.

Also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14623543.stm

Glad his Father is safe.

Cracking performance, really excited about these kids and Wayne is looking his fittest in a while. Jones and Evans played well, as did De Gea. Must maintain this now against Arsenal!

Cracking performance, really excited about these kids and Wayne is looking his fittest in a while. Jones and Evans played well, as did De Gea. Must maintain this now against Arsenal!

I'm a bit worried about the Arsenal game. Purely because the team will have a point to prove. Maybe they'll to take out their frustration on the pitch. :hmm:

The good thing is that they've got a game in Europe before then. Also, several players will be missing, and the rest will probably be knackered. Well, I hope so anyway.

Fuck everything I said about keeping one of Cesc and Nasri, everything I said about Wenger not being so stupid..

Nasri fee agreed Sourece:Arsenal.com

The fact Wenger said he would play him if needed tomorrow night and then he's going has pissed me off. Fuck Man City, Arsenal need to focus on the task ahead and that is Champions League qualification. Without that we'll struggle to keep players happy and attract top talent.

For the first time, I am worried we'll drop out of the 'top 4'.

I would care less if he went to Man Utd, but we've sold to City AGAIN. It's pissing me off.

If we don't buy anyone of proven quality in the next week I will be very angry. I just don't understand why we don't buy replacements before we sell on. It leaves us going to Udinese with just 18 fit players, half of them probably haven't even played in the Champions League before.

I'll always be behind the team and never boo, but as everyone at the matches has been chanting, we need to spend some fucking money.

The way I see it, it's in the clubs best interest to qualify for the Champions League, the prestige and cash involved is too important for us too miss out on. Including Nasri in that squad should therefore be main priority. Instead we've caved under their pressure, doing what is best for Man City and not Arsenal Football Club. And that for me is an utter disgrace.

I don't think you'd beat Udinese even with Nasri in the team. When was the last time there weren't 4 English teams in the group stages?

It would probably lower his value if he wasn't eligible for CL but yeah surprised this has been left so late.

I don't think you'd beat Udinese even with Nasri in the team. When was the last time there weren't 4 English teams in the group stages?

Thankfully the jobs half done and we don't have to beat them tomorrow night. It's going to be a tough game and we've got players coming and going out the squad due to suspensions and injuries. But I'm hopeful we'll get a result. I still believe Nasri on the bench just in case shit hits the fan would be in the club's best interest.

It would probably lower his value if he wasn't eligible for CL but yeah surprised this has been left so late.

It most definitely would, but that's all part of the gamble. I'd rather lose £8M on his fee and qualify for the Champions League which earns us around £25M just for being in it. And allows us to attract replacements.

I'm more disappointed that there wasn't any further offer's from Manchester United for Nasri to be honest,

Did Nasri say he wanted to leave to win trophies? seems more like he wants a larger weekly pay cheque then.

Another incredibly talented footballer going to waste.

Although I don't think we'll win the league, Wenger is basically telling all the big teams that he has no intention of competing for the title. At the rate we're going we'll be lucky to make the Intertoto cup next season.

I'm more disappointed that there wasn't any further offer's from Manchester United for Nasri to be honest,

Did Nasri say he wanted to leave to win trophies? seems more like he wants a larger weekly pay cheque then.

Another incredibly talented footballer going to waste.

Why is he wasted? He's gone to a club with an incredibly talented squad. Can Mancini handle all the egos and build a team out of them? I don't think so.

Why is he wasted? He's gone to a club with an incredibly talented squad. Can Mancini handle all the egos and build a team out of them? I don't think so.

It's just my way of saying I hate City :p

They have a ridiculously strong squad, and I feel any decent players go there are going to be wasting their football careers as by the time the next transfer window opens they'll be old / forgotten news.

Obviously there are some exceptions such as Silva, Kompany etc, but yeah I just think they'll go there and end up bench warmers.

just me being slightly jealous that City can now bully United in the transfer market.

In fairness to Arsene, he has little choice about selling Nasri. He only has a year left on his contract, yes? So, the choices were to either sell him on now, sell him in January (where City might bid a fraction of the amount they are now) or keep him at the club and let him go for a free next year.

It's not really good though that this has been left late. Unless they're seeing Hazard as his replacement, in which case, who is going to replace Fabregas? (unless thats a combination of Ramsey and Wilshere?)

It's...very concerning that Arsenal are selling their players to City. Selling them to a club challenging for mid-table or even a club outside of the Premier League is good, but selling them to a club challenging for a top four spot, and the club that finished third last year and took the last automatic spot for the Champions League. It's a very clumsy decision to sell to City.

Current rumours are we're after Mauro Zárate... The superstar who had a brief loan spell at Birmingham when they were relegated in 2008.