NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Someone tell me if this is true, a mate told me that if Swansea got into a European place they actually wouldn't be able to play in European competion next year because they are from Wales and Premiership European places are for English clubs?

Even if somehow they won the Premiership they wouldn't get to go play in the Champions League?

That's what he said anyway, just wanted to ask see if it's true?

Someone tell me if this is true, a mate told me that if Swansea got into a European place they actually wouldn't be able to play in European competion next year because they are from Wales and Premiership European places are for English clubs?

Even if somehow they won the Premiership they wouldn't get to go play in the Champions League?

I doubt that's true. Celtic and Rangers have been wanting to move down south for years and if that was the case they would change their minds.

I believe there's some truth in it, but I'm not sure the details. When Cardiff got to the Cup final there was a lot of discussion. I think the decision last time was they'd be allowed to play in Europe as one of England's representatives, but they didn't qualify so it didn't matter.

Click.

And here.

Spurs v Athletic Bilbao Pre-Season friendly on ITV4 at 5pm today.

I believe there's some truth in it, but I'm not sure the details. When Cardiff got to the Cup final there was a lot of discussion. I think the decision last time was they'd be allowed to play in Europe as one of England's representatives, but they didn't qualify so it didn't matter.

Click.

And here.

Ah so technically it is true, the first link mentions it is in the FA's regulations that Welsh teams can only get European places competing in Welsh Leagues/Cups.

But in that situation Uefa were prepared to offer Cardiff (if they won) a "wild card" spot in Europe if the FA didn't allow it (which they then said they would)

So in all likely hood should Swansea surprise everyone and get into a European placing they will likely get to play. Either by "Wild Card" or the FA going aggainst regulation

Which Fantasy Football are we doing as the proper NE League? SkySports or fantasy.premierleague.com?

De Gea also hesitated with the first one. He has a tendancy to dive low, and it doesn't seem that he has all that much reach. He's good good dispersal of the ball but clearly he's dealing with some pressure here.

Possession- and chance-wise, United ought to be in the goals by now. Interesting substitutions - not greatly threatening. I think Alex Ferguson is hoping that the guys he's brought on will feel that they're fighting for squad positions, and thus perform excellently. Nani's not been on form today either... So yeah! My bet is that man U will score in the first 15 mins, City will get a second yellow at some point and BLAM 2-2, off to pens again.

I've checked some comments on the BBC and Guardian, sounds like City being two goals up is against the run of play. Ah, Fergie. :laughing:

... Well I was right on one point :P Sending off/penalties still to be decided but... someone is surely being sent off!

Well if anything, we can see that Man U are still Man U - playing the full 90 mins. There's probably no other team in the league who have come back from behind as many times as them!

Fantastic performance today, the youngsters did really well and some of their passing was outstanding; in particular Cleverly, Welbeck and Nani. Rooney was his usual self and into the second half dropping deeper became much more effective, good game from him. It's a bit of a shame to see De Gea getting such treatment. Been listening to 606 and people already writing him off. As usual it's the people who don't know about him or what he's done. It was his first "competitive" united game, at Wembley, against city. It was never going to be easy and he will take time to adapt, Reina took a while when he first came, it's not easy to come from La Liga to the Premier League. Overall very pleased. : )

Double post: Fresh's Fledglings have joined the N-E league. GAME FACE ON!

As usual it's the people who don't know about him or what he's done.

What has he done? :blank:

I haven't seen the game, just the reactions of the mindless on facebook like they've won the world cup. It's the community shield, no one gives a toss.

What has he done? :blank:

I haven't seen the game, just the reactions of the mindless on facebook like they've won the world cup. It's the community shield, no one gives a toss.

I see it as a friendly. Does anyone actually count it as a trophy?

If Liverpool were in it and won it, I'd count it. :cry:

If Liverpool were in it and lost it, I'd say its just a pointless pre-season friendly. :cool:

Benitez did when he claimed he won 5 trophies in a season while having a go at the board. He also tried to claim the super cup in the 'five' #downfall

I am pleased see Liverpool keep a clean sheet in the last friendly before the season starts also nice to see aqua get a chance, is Meireles currently injured?

Benitez did when he claimed he won 5 trophies in a season while having a go at the board. He also tried to claim the super cup in the 'five' #downfall

I am pleased see Liverpool keep a clean sheet in the last friendly before the season starts also nice to see aqua get a chance, is Meireles currently injured?

He was i believe, he's only been back in training a couple of days.

Its a game against fellow rivals, you still want to win.

No one said that wasn't the case.

Just spunking your load before you've even begun isn't cool bro. [Not very tact with the analogies today, sorry]