NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

For anyone missing the football, theres pre season action of the Audi Cup live right now and tomorrow on ITV4. Features Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan & Internactional. Worth having in the background :)

Cheers dude, that'll pass some time at work now :)

The program says 'Football: Audi Cup live.' Would never have thought to watch just by seeing that. Good find, thanks!

Bought my first ticket of the season yesterday, Man Utd away.

Told myself this season I need to cut back on expensive aways, but couldn't resist buying a ticket when I saw the cheapest available were still on sale. Still £43 isn't cheap..

I'm away to see Liverpool v Valencia next weekend at Anfield so hopefully we'll have a better team out than the one that is currently getting dominated by Galatasary in Turkey..

I'm away to see Liverpool v Valencia next weekend at Anfield

Should be a good game that.

How good is Hulk? Apparently a club made an €80million/£70million bid and Porto rejected it because they want €100million :heh: I didn't see him do that well in any of the champions league matches I watched. Only a handful of clubs capable of such a huge bid anyway. City? Real?

Should be a good game that.

Hopefully :heh:

The seats should be great.. we're only 4 rows back and positioned near the half way line, a few seats away from the dugout :hehe:

How good is Hulk? Apparently a club made an €80million/£70million bid and Porto rejected it because they want €100million :heh: I didn't see him do that well in any of the champions league matches I watched. Only a handful of clubs capable of such a huge bid anyway. City? Real?

He's shite, worth about £10 million. Got to be spin from Porto to try and get more cash.

He's quite decent, certainly not worth €80m but €15-18m wouldn't be far off. He's overall a very athletic striker with a surprising turn of pace for such a strong guy, cracking long shot on him as well. The bid is all agent spin, no quotes from club so it's defiantly not Porto, its a Ibrahimovic/Real Madrid scenario again.

Check this out for any Blackburn fans about;

...horrific.

Quoting from the live draw, the Brazil 2014 qualifying groups;

Group A: Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, SCOTLAND, Macedonia, WALES

Group B: Italy, Denmark, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Armenia, Malta.

Group C: Germamy, Sweden, R of Ireland, Austria, Faroe Is, K'stan.

Group D: Netherlands, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Estonia, Andorra.

Group E: Norway, Slovenia, Switzerland, Albania, Cyprus, Iceland.

Group F: Portugal, Russia, Israel, N IRELAND, Azerbaijan, L'bourg

Group G: Greece, Slovakia, Bosnia-H, Lithuania, Latvia, Lichtenstein

Group H: ENGLAND, Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, S Marino

Group I: Spain, France, Belarus, Georgia, Finland

The qualifiers, which got under way on 15 June believe it or not, will be concluded by 19 November 2013, by the way, with the complete match schedule announced in October. The 2014 World Cup will be played 12 June-13 July.

I think groups A and B are where it's trickiest to pick the top 2.

yeah was the same at the last set of World Cup qualifiers as well, Scotland were in a group of five

Scotland and Wales have no chance. Croatia, Serbia and Belgium are decent teams. I'd be mighty surprised if either even came close.

Scotland and Wales have no chance. Croatia, Serbia and Belgium are decent teams. I'd be mighty surprised if either even came close.

Wales vs Belgium will cause tension between one portion of myself and Ine. I predict bloodshed.

Also, can the new season start now, please?

Only 5 in the last group eh?

That's the way it works out in Europe because of the number of countries. It's usually Scotland in that group. Only 8 of the 9 second placed teams go into the playoffs. The teams with the most points (disregarding the games against the bottom team in the group) go in.

Croatia are good but they aren't the force they used to be. I think we could pick up some points from them at home. It is a very tough group though and I think we'll probably come 3rd. Wales will be last.

Started last weekend, mate. ;)

Started last weekend, mate. ;)

I was talking about the competitive leagues. ;)

*ducks from thrown objects*

I was talking about the competitive leagues. ;)

*ducks from thrown objects*

The SPL is statistically more competitive than the EPL. In the last 7 seasons there have been 2 winners and 3 different runners-up from a possible 12. In England in the same time period there have been 2 winners and 4 runners-up from a possible 20. ;)

(But yeah, the quality down South is much better)

The SPL is statistically more competitive than the EPL. In the last 7 seasons there have been 2 winners and 3 different runners-up from a possible 12. In England in the same time period there have been 2 winners and 4 runners-up from a possible 20. ;)

(But yeah, the quality down South is much better)

I know, I just being a troll. :p

So we beat Barca 2-1 in our last pre-season friendly. Owen getting the winner abut also missing a sitter. Barca, although not with their strongest side and losing were amazing as usual. 838 passes with 93% completion rate.

Start of the season is so close. LOVE IT.

Can't wait to watch Soccer AM again and just get into it all over again.

Who has made a fantasy football team? I've already made mine, should I make a league and give people the number of the league?

Turns out it is really easy:

Number:

428641-167071

Edited by Ellmeister

Please no, our defence isn't ready... :shakehead

Please no, our defence isn't ready... :shakehead

Well, you haven't had one for a good few years now, so you'll just have to make do.

Plus, we gave you the machine that was Mikael Silvestre. You had a head start over the competition! ;)

(Yeah, trollface should be posted under all my postings now)

Fergie must have pissed himself laughing all the way to the bank when we bought that twat. But then Wenger replaced him with Squillaci..:nono: