Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Kurtle Squad

I know you're having a joke but I literally don't even know how to approach things like exclusivity. Like I said, my previous relationships have been serious from the get-go, there was no questions. Everything I know about casual relationships I learned from sitcoms.

Well, I do know what I'll do. I'll just leave things exactly as they are until she says something or finishes it :p

I think the first stage is talking to her and not having a week go by with no contact. Do you go on 'proper' dates or is it just coming round to watch a movie?

But I'm probably just going to ignore your advice, keep quiet and hope it goes on as long as possible.

Oh, you've changed that, you cheeky git :p

If you want it to be serious, tell her. Just sleeping with her and not going "for the kill" is great for the time being but it's bound to end in disaster. I've been there, will never go there again.

I dunno if I want it to be serious :laughing:

It's still early days, I don't think I should be overthinking it.

I see. That wasn't clear to me. You're right. Don't overthink it. For now, just enjoy, but...as soon as you want something serious, tell her :p

I know you're having a joke but I literally don't even know how to approach things like exclusivity. Like I said, my previous relationships have been serious from the get-go, there was no questions. Everything I know about casual relationships I learned from sitcoms.

Well, I do know what I'll do. I'll just leave things exactly as they are until she says something or finishes it :p

My current partner did this:

Him: So I like you, do you like me?

Me: *taken a back*

Me: Yes I do.

Him: Shall we date then?

A little bit different and weren't seeing each other on dates (this was our first 'date'). But it worked, honesty is the best policy..? I mean, she must at least like you to some extent to spend each week with you! :D

Travelled up to Cheltenham for my 2nd date last night. Got a message as soon as i arrived from her saying she couldn't make it as she was ill. Honestly, could have told me a little earlier. So spent an hour in Cheltenham in a pub getting some food, then back to my local for another pint or two before heading home.

She has since sent several apologies and is offering to come down my end to meet me. Can't really say fairer than that.

But, it can't be this weekend as i got a date lined up for Saturday with a different girl.

Actually, back then we didn't have a dating thread, we had the 'Hot Girlz (50k warning)' thread, which was presided over by Offerman (remember him?).

Funnily enough he's just tweeted the site account (unless I'm mixing people up)

Travelled up to Cheltenham for my 2nd date last night. Got a message as soon as i arrived from her saying she couldn't make it as she was ill. Honestly, could have told me a little earlier. So spent an hour in Cheltenham in a pub getting some food, then back to my local for another pint or two before heading home.

She has since sent several apologies and is offering to come down my end to meet me. Can't really say fairer than that.

But, it can't be this weekend as i got a date lined up for Saturday with a different girl.

Man, if only the weekend had two days in it you could go on both and be an absolute playa!

Man, if only the weekend had two days in it you could go on both and be an absolute playa!

Kind of busy on Sunday, it being Mother's Day and all. Plus she's up her parents this weekend.

But i see where you're coming from.

I'm just at the stage of regret now about how things went down, a bit of me believes she would have changed her mind if I had just left her to think things through.

I don't know the situation but I'm inclined to disagree with you. If she wanted to go away and think about things she clearly had some reservations. Likely your actions just helped her towards the decision she was already leaning towards.

Try not to dwell on it but take the experience for the future.

Well, had a lovely lunch date today. Went for a nice walk afterwards, it went so well that she's asked to see me again. 2nd date incoming!!!!

Edit: It's all booked up for next Thursday evening.

Edited by Jimbob

Was chatting with the girlfriend this weekend about moving in. Will be doing so in the next few months... I need to give a couple months notice to my landlord and I've said I'd give my flatmate a bit more as he's looking to buy somewhere, but he was thinking of next year so it's a little earlier than he thought he'd be looking.

Who knew POF would work so well after all those tragic dates I had!

My ugly mug and the (obviously blind) girlfriend...

869385C4-9C6B-4E76-B254-1B244382AC43_zpsvne3agqj.jpg

Was chatting with the girlfriend this weekend about moving in. Will be doing so in the next few months... I need to give a couple months notice to my landlord and I've said I'd give my flatmate a bit more as he's looking to buy somewhere, but he was thinking of next year so it's a little earlier than he thought he'd be looking.

She does look to be squinting a little, perhaps she needs to get to specsavers before she lets that mug in her house

:p

Congrats man

Are you buying a house? That seems to be all the rage these days.

Are you buying a house? That seems to be all the rage these days.

Not straight away, I'll be moving in with her where she's renting and we'll be saving for a house.

I love where I live and my flatmate is a great lad and good friend, the place is real handy for work too as its only about 100 metres from it... but I'm so looking forward to living with her.

The reaction of the girl over your right shoulder says it all; "Have you SEEN the state of that guy she's with?!" ;)

Emotion have settled down now, I think we should have talked a long time ago as I sort of changed the subject when she said she had "no emotion". Writing was on the wall.

Unfortunately it seems so. It will be for the best, from this you'll grow and learn more about yourself and how you see relationships from now will be more clear.

Chin up man, you'll be better for it in the long run!