Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Kurtle Squad

it's all about confidence.

Exactly. It's just as someone said:

Fear is a powerful drug

Overcome it and you think that

You can do anything

For several years I didn't have the confidence to "make a move". I always thought the women I found attractive were out of my league. But they weren't/aren't :p

Now I'm in a relationship with the most wonderful and beautiful woman I have ever met. So, yay me.

Oh...and yay you, Serebii :yay:

Did I also mention I have ridiculously high standards?

I've always maintained I didn't lose all the weight to settle :p

Why not lower them for a spell? You'll be more attractive to other people if you're seen with other people. If that makes sense. If you're seen to be active.

Problem is, any girl I get with would have to understand that at about 2 times in the year, I have to shut myself off from the real world for a week or so, and based upon relationships of friends I have observed, I don't see that going down well

So that I can cover the games that brings the site hits and thus makes me an Internet god :p

Any woman worth their weight in gold mass in ink should have no problem giving you time to yourself for a week at a time; especially only twice a year.

Isn't that what they want every month? ;)

Did I also mention I have ridiculously high standards?

I've always maintained I didn't lose all the weight to settle :p

So basically what you're saying is that women have been throwing themselves at you, but no one has been good enough for you? :p

Problem is, any girl I get with would have to understand that at about 2 times in the year, I have to shut myself off from the real world for a week or so, and based upon relationships of friends I have observed, I don't see that going down well

Twice a year is no biggy. Essentially it's what I did at university with my exam periods. It's not the greatest, but it's not too bad.

Twice a year is no biggy. Essentially it's what I did at university with my exam periods. It's not the greatest, but it's not too bad.

Sometimes it's more than a week. With Black & White, I was still indepth covering it over a month later, albeit with some breaks in evenings from third week on

Sometimes it's more than a week. With Black & White, I was still indepth covering it over a month later, albeit with some breaks in evenings from third week on

Some people have to travel a lot with work, or work late; it's just the way it is. I don't think it would be a problem in most relationships.

Why do birds suddenly appear...

It's cool now. We're going surfing, beaching for a week. Alone. I'll get over it all.

That friend is gone to Florida until the 1st of July though :weep: I cannot live...I cannot eat... I grieve. I miss but it's all good. What am I saying?

I like that song by the way :hug:

Serebii; can't you just use a Masterball?

(Let me know if you ever get tired of these)

Bugger. I don't know what that is, but now I just have to look it up...

Anyway, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but to anyone who is overweight, it's really worth losing the excess fat. Just a short run every weekday should be enough. If not, just walk everywhere. Your whole body will look better if you're trim, and your skin will be better for having the sunlight. Do press-ups and sit-ups too.

Honestly, thinking you're not good-looking is the most ridiculous thing. Whilst I do believe in objective good looks, I don't think it has much to do with attraction. Imagine you met the most beautiful girl in the world: would you still fancy her if she had the personality of a lemon?

[spoiler=]An artichoke, yes, but not a lemon.

Kurtle, I don't mean to be rude, but I think deep down you must know you're good-looking enough to get a girlfriend when you're at your best.

Also, don't underestimate the effect unemployment can have on the psyché. When I was at school, college and my early jobs, I could get girlfriends. Then I was unemployed for a few years. When I eventually got a job, my personality just wasn't the same as it used to be. I thought I'd never fit in or make friends with the people there, of either gender. Because I didn't respect myself, I thought no one would respect me - and they didn't, at first.

I must admit, it took a few years, but I eventually became my carefree-self again, had chemistry with the girls, been for drinks with my pals etc. Now we have a great group there.

So what I'm saying is, whatever cards you were dealt in life, please try to solve any problems you have (I haven't solved all mine myself), because you don't become confident by faking it, you only become confident by fixing the things that stopped you being so in the first place.

Kurtle, I don't mean to be rude, but I think deep down you must know you're good-looking enough to get a girlfriend when you're at your best.

Only at a distance.

Also, don't underestimate the effect unemployment can have on the psyché. When I was at school, college and my early jobs, I could get girlfriends. Then I was unemployed for a few years. When I eventually got a job, my personality just wasn't the same as it used to be. I thought I'd never fit in or make friends with the people there, of either gender. Because I didn't respect myself, I thought no one would respect me - and they didn't, at first.

I must admit, it took a few years, but I eventually became my carefree-self again, had chemistry with the girls, been for drinks with my pals etc. Now we have a great group there.

So what I'm saying is, whatever cards you were dealt in life, please try to solve any problems you have (I haven't solved all mine myself), because you don't become confident by faking it, you only become confident by fixing the things that stopped you being so in the first place.

I don't know whether all of this was aimed at me, or just the first paragraph, but:

I've never been care-free, at least not since being a child.

And my realism and pessimism are what stop me from being confident - I think they're here to stay.:smile:

I don't know whether all of this was aimed at me, or just the first paragraph, but:

I've never been care-free, at least not since being a child.

And my realism and pessimism are what stop me from being confident - I think they're here to stay.:smile:

Purely, the bits about looks, weight and employment (which I believe you've mentioned). The rest is just personal anecdote.

What is your realism and pessimism about, exactly? It sounds like you aren't happy at all, not that you just can't get a girl at the moment. :(

I've no idea why King V was jumped on when he suggested depression. You need medical qualifications to diagnose depression, not to suggest it. If you haven't been carefreee since childhood, it really might be worth asking to see a psychiatrist.

You and the friend you obviously have a crush on? Yeah, I'm sure you'll get over it... if you know what I mean. ;)

:bouncy:

(I don't really. Well, a little bit. Not anything major...I'd never do anything...prefer to be friends. That's my thing now. Friends give me so much more pleasure. I'll make love to their warmth and generosity.)

Really, stfu with this realism nonse. There is no realism, apart from the fact that you make your own reality. The wider rules that govern our existence can't be grasped by even the most remarkable human minds, and the sciences are only a detached, piecemeal aggregation of collective wisdom. Make your own fucking reality; just believe that you can do whatever you want, and really, what you want isn't that fucking much and doesn't come at such a great price. You're not on a fucking quest for some mythical fleece woven from the fanny strap of venus and tie dyed with the blood of Jeff Goldblum. All you're asking is for some attention from a woman; quit fortifying your own core beliefs with the continual disappointment of not actually trying. Women are as, if not more needy, insecure and neurotic as you, so going out of your way to look and act as if you're interested is often all you need to seal the deal.

Sorry, I needed to go off on one. Now I just need to take my own advice. BRB, ON A MINGE BINGE.