Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone online at the min? If so question: can I sell my native fruit (cherry) in another RE-Tail? Could do with the extra bells it'll provide to be honest but not sure if it lets you. Pretty sure it would? Any help would be awesome!

Anyone online at the min? If so question: can I sell my native fruit (cherry) in another RE-Tail? Could do with the extra bells it'll provide to be honest but not sure if it lets you. Pretty sure it would? Any help would be awesome!

I been considering this myself, rather than growing non-natives - if you grow more natives there's apparently more chance of spawning a perfect fruit, which you can then cultivate for a bit too if you sell in a foreign town! Guess the only downside is having to sit on fruit until you can get to a non-native town to sell.

This morning I found an old friend in my town...Katie! Had totes forgot about her, won't spoil what she's upto in New Leaf though; just in case folks don't know yet.

Why does Tommy Nook insist on asking you if you want an explanation for wrapping paper EVERY BLOODY TIME YOU BUY IT?!? :angry:

The owl at the museum repeating the same tedious waffle every time you donate is annoying as well...

Aren't they on hibiscus plants? The shrubs you buy from the island shop? I planted some but they all died. Think they were too close to my house.

Hmm I haven't seen those being sold? They only ever sell hats and like, a chair or something. Will have to check daily I guess.

I've had to really cut down on my New Leaf time over the past few weeks. I've had sore wrists and fingers / thumbs in both hands recently, and yesterday the doctor confirmed that I have repetitive strain injury. I think it was probably triggered by overuse of the iPad a few months ago when I was a little too obsessed with The Simpsons: Tapped Out, but all this Animal Crossing since early May hasn't helped things either. I can't really use the 3DS or my iPad without it hurting my fingers at the moment, and my wrists ache a lot of the time (moreso in the late afternoon / evening), and I'm taking fish oil capsules and anti-inflammatory tablets to try and relieve it. Really gutted about it, as New Leaf isn't really a game that you can just ignore, so I'm going on to get my fossils, water the plants and check the shops every day and that's almost it. Gutted, really, as I'd been looking forward to the game so much, as well as connecting more with you guys on here now it's out in Europe. Progress on my house / town projects has come almost to a standstill. Hopefully, if I take things easy, I'll be all better, but the doctor couldn't say if that would be weeks, months, or longer. I guess my big hope at the moment is that I'll be able to enjoy Pikmin 3 properly when it comes out, and Dream Team Bros may just have to wait...

Sorry, enough of my moaning. Thought I'd just explain to anyone who might have been wondering why I've not been on much recently! :(

Damn, really sorry to hear that, Mike. :(

I wondered why you hadn't been around much. Hope the situation improves quickly for you.

I still need to find a snail... Haven't seen one yet. =(
Aren't they on hibiscus plants? The shrubs you buy from the island shop? I planted some but they all died. Think they were too close to my house.
Yeah, snails appear on the bushes (that you can purchase from the island) but they only show up when it's raining. ;)

And they'll also get spooked and jump away if you run near 'em... you know, just like real snails. :heh:

I finally got Dr. Shrunk in my town today, and quickly collected the 6 signatures needed to get Club LOL underway. :bouncy:

Can't wait! :yay:

Hmm I haven't seen those being sold? They only ever sell hats and like, a chair or something. Will have to check daily I guess.
Yeah, the island goods are random, so you can just check back everyday. But if you want to speed up the process (and are a member of Club Tortimer) you can just keep visiting different online islands until you find what you're after. ;)

Yeah, the island goods are random, so you can just check back everyday. But if you want to speed up the process (and are a member of Club Tortimer) you can just keep visiting different online islands until you find what you're after. ;)

Never heard of Club Tortimer, so don't think I am a member of that. =(

I finally got Dr. Shrunk in my town today, and quickly collected the 6 signatures needed to get Club LOL underway. :bouncy:

Can't wait! :yay:

Does it become a public works project or just starts construction after the signatures?

Club Tortimer membership is another thing you can buy from the island, it costs 50 medals and enables you to join random players in online islands.

Does it become a public works project or just starts construction after the signatures?
It doesn't become a public works project. You just need to wait a few days after handing the signature clipboard back to Dr. Shrunk for the construction to start.

The Club Tortimer membership is always on the right-hand side of the desk, even after you've joined. Every day you can buy things from the Sea Captain's mother-in-law. There is a desk in front of her with three things, and a large (sometimes 2x2) object to the side.

I'm not sure why I joined Club Tortimer, as I don't really play online and it just adds extra dialogue when you set sail!

Edited by Grazza

The Club Tortimer membership is always on the right-hand side of the desk, even after you've joined. Every day you can buy things from the Sea Captain's mother-in-law. There is a desk in front of her with three things, and a large (4x4) object to the side.

I'm not sure why I joined Club Tortimer, as I don't really play online and it just adds extra dialogue when you set sail!

I have never seen that!

Should have K.K. by next Saturday.

Got S.S. Dolphin today, finally something I like.

Who's up for more island games today? Collecting medals isn't so fun alone.

Don't know what set to go for yet. My house is a mess. I have the gold stero, is that a part of a set?

A new shop opened today

I bought Gold Armour shoes

:D I hope it is a set....

Also finished off Resetti's new home, for such a small building it wasn't cheap...

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Out of all the things they make us wait for, I really wish the construction time for the Club was shorter. I've only just got Dr Shrunk in my town today, I don't wanna have to wait another 5 days before I can get some awesome KK songs!