NEurope
daftada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I'm hoarding stuff for now (apart from Gyroids, which I've mostly given away). With the catalogue, I may sell some stuff as I can always re-buy later.

How do I send messages to my best friends in other towns?

Just seen that nobody actually replied to this! You need to use the yellow tab on the end at the top, the one with the heart? You can 'send to all' at the bottom or send to specific people by tapping them in your list.

I have already decided that I will be some sort of Gyroid King.

They can all come my way!

Yeah I don't get the gyroid indifference, they're awesome. I'm hoarding all I can find.

Yeah I don't get the gyroid indifference, they're awesome. I'm hoarding all I can find.

Never been a fan...

Just seen that nobody actually replied to this! You need to use the yellow tab on the end at the top, the one with the heart? You can 'send to all' at the bottom or send to specific people by tapping them in your list.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Do they have to be online as well?

Edited by Iun
Automerged Doublepost

If anyone finds themselves short on axes, let me know. I ain't done much chopping about got a few stocked up now. Trying to decide whether to terraform the trees or not yet.

Btw is anyone really using/enacting the ordinances? I'm half tempted to enact the pretty town one cos I love my flowers but tbh I'm not sure if the 20k is worth it. I also still owe Nook 198k but I'm about to drop that on Blather's museum extension instead.

Night owl is where it's at. Some of the shops close at 9 or 10 otherwise and that's just too early. Also 20k won't really mean much in the long run, it's just a couple of beetles.

I changed my Android tethering to _The Cloud and got the Raccoon Wall Clock. It can be purchased from the catalogue if anyone is interested in holding it.

@flameboy, if you're using the NA version, you need the SSID to be "Bestbuy".

Thanks. I never thought about chasing android for tethering rather than network.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Night owl is where it's at. Some of the shops close at 9 or 10 otherwise and that's just too early. Also 20k won't really mean much in the long run, it's just a couple of beetles.

@Rummy Bell Boom all the way. Raises shop prices (buying and selling) by 20%, which means that you'll make mountains of money from the island beetles, 120-200k per load.

I would assume so, i've only sent one message to an online friend yesterday.

Just paid off my 4th improvement (Bridge, Bench, Campsite and now Fenced-off area), planning the 5th now which is expanding my musuem as per the request from my owl friend there. And i've been busy planting new trees everywhere and tidying the area up to make it more better as it were.

May open my gates tonight if the internet is playing ball.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Unfortunately yes, I do believe they do.

How late do they go? So far I haven't had a major issue with the shops closing too early, except maybe a retail sell-off from the island or some catches - in those cases I just sell them off next day. Tbh I get more peeved with the shop not opening til 10 in the morning! So I wouldn't want them opening up even later! I tend to get a bit in when I wake up before I eventually decide to go to work.

@Rummy Bell Boom all the way. Raises shop prices (buying and selling) by 20%, which means that you'll make mountains of money from the island beetles, 120-200k per load.

I guess...20% is quite a good ol' chunk...does it apply to literally everything but turnips? I might do it to make at least 40k to cover itself, then go for the pretty town next month maybe. Hmm. Imagine that tasty 20% on a shark too..

Does it affect bell rocks, at all? Need to decide whether to do it today or monday, as I'm trying to farm up as many bells as I can to buy nips from Joan on sunday - currently only 70k to my name.

Edited by Rummy

I spent the 20k on the Beutification of my town back on day 2, got loads of flowers, less weeds and the villagers are seen watering the plants. And timetravelling doesn't affect the town, so no cheating as such. I am tempted to scrap it and pick another or not have one at all to add more things for me to do as such. I do miss the weeds, and i also need a cockroach for the museum.

Which of the other 2 (or 3) should i go for. I'm tempted for the rich town one to replace it or Night owl based on my shifts in work and the timings i get to play the game. But i don't want to ruin the game and get things quicker, so i may still leave things alone and as they are.

Edited by Jimbob

I just can't seem to find one damn fossil. I've gone through the town a million times now, but still can't locate it. God friggin' damnit.

I just can't seem to find one damn fossil. I've gone through the town a million times now, but still can't locate it. God friggin' damnit.

I'm reaching the duplicate stage on fossils. I get so, so many, at least 4 a day.

I'm reaching the duplicate stage on fossils. I get so, so many, at least 4 a day.

Yeah, the spawn rate should be 4 per day, but that's also the maximum amount allowed in the ground. I couldn't find the 4th one yesterday, so I only got 3 new fossils today since the last one is still here somewhere.

Do any of you beautiful people have an axe I can swing by to purchase at some point?!

Yeah, the spawn rate should be 4 per day, but that's also the maximum amount allowed in the ground. I couldn't find the 4th one yesterday, so I only got 3 new fossils today since the last one is still here somewhere.

Probably hiding behind a tree, they always do.

Yeah, I only got 3 one day because I just couldn't find the last one anywhere! :hmm:

Was tempted to cut down every single tree when that happened. :heh:

Have you been using up on the D-Pad in areas with a lot of tress? That can help quite a bit though, as any trees that are in front of your character will disappear when you move the camera up, which means you can see the ground better. ;)

Just had a great session - made about 200k on the island, sharks just kept appearing and I now have a good idea of which fish/bugs to catch to make big money. That included donating quite a lot to the museum. Saving up to buy lots of turnips on Sunday and multiply my money that way, giving me the cash to pay off mortgages/pay for public projects.

Yeah, I only got 3 one day because I just couldn't find the last one anywhere! :hmm:

Was tempted to cut down every single tree when that happened. :heh:

Have you been using up on the D-Pad in areas with a lot of tress? That can help quite a bit though, as any trees that are in front of your character will disappear when you move the camera up, which means you can see the ground better. ;)

Yeah, I was spamming Up while going through the town a million times. Luckily I got some dream help from Thiophen, who axed my town and found it. The spot was actually in front of a tree, behind another tree and a flower.

What do all you guys do with the stuff you're not actually using for your home? I tend to hoard stuff, but tempted to sell a lot of it off, do I really need all these gyroids?

Closet? You can hold up to 180 items there.

The before-12PM turnip prices in my town is measly 76 bells, wich would net me a huge loss.

I need to decide soon if I'm going to sell all my turnips for 166 bells each this morning or risk waiting until after 12 and hope the price goes up again.

I keep forgetting to buy turnips, damn my late night drinking sessions.

I've been doing a little bit of landscaping this morning and I have noticed something with trees that you chop down. Most of the time you see a ring of circles but on two occasions I have seen different shapes on the stump. So far I have seen a heart and something that looked like a pie chart divided into 4 pieces. Anyone else seen these, and know if there is any way to make it happen? I'd really like one of those by my house.