N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

darksnowman

It'll probably be a background with the actual smashing platform flying in front of it or something.

Or the smashing platform might be planes from pilot wings.

Oh god, if that's the case (a la Pokefloats) then it'll instantly become the worst level ever.

There was a brilliant Rainbow Road one in one of the games.

Rainbow Cruise

Both in Melee and Brawl.

Indeed, both fighting and acrobatic skill are needed!

This stage is still one of my favourites though:

F-Zero's Big Blue

The sense of speed in this is amazing!

I believe Captain Falcon could run on that road if he had the bunny ears.

Edited by Fused King

Damnit, i didn't even watch the video and I've got the Rainbow Cruise theme in my head.

Totes the same.

Or the best one! I prefer levels that aren't just a couple of standard platforms. It makes it truly about skill

And sometimes truly about not falling off.

Yeah, I've always find it a bit sad that Smash, as a competitive game, is mostly all about the fighting and not that much about your skill on certain stages. I'd say that's where the series could really shine!

I mean, the tricks you see on regular stages in tournaments are amazing indeed, but I can't help but think that a true champion would also be able to work his way around certain items (not game-breakers like the hammer or assist trophies and pokéballs) and the difficulties of the stage whilst also whoopin' some ass!

It'll probably be a background with the actual smashing platform flying in front of it or something.

That's what it looks like judging from the picture. It's been taken from an angle and moved the camera away from the stage to make that shot.

Yeah, I've always find it a bit sad that Smash, as a competitive game, is mostly all about the fighting and not that much about your skill on certain stages. I'd say that's where the series could really shine!

We're just going to have to wait and find out when it comes to the stages, but Sakurai & Co. are at least planning to shake up the basic gameplay a bit with this.

Sakurai: “We’re planning for a level of customization to some degree and in some form. It’s not completely decided at this point. But it’s very important to point out that we do this in a careful way that doesn’t affect the strength and balance of the characters. One thing we’d like to do is to be able to customize the direction of attacks. But not give characters a stronger jump or a stronger or weaker attack. You can consider customizations like that possible.”
Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

That Pilotwings stage is too cool!

Speaking of which... I wonder if we'll get WuHu island in both versions of SSB, but with modifications in each to reflect the games they've shown in (Wii U = Wii Sports Resort: 3DS = Pilotwings Resort and Mario Kart 7).

They could have it take part on different parts of the island in each version, with Miis jumping onto the stage to sword fight and throw frisbees at players on Wii U, while the 3DS one takes place in the sky on a light plane - with other Miis flying around as obsticles, while MK players glide past with their kites and shells being thrown at players! :D

I mean, the tricks you see on regular stages in tournaments are amazing indeed, but I can't help but think that a true champion would also be able to work his way around certain items (not game-breakers like the hammer or assist trophies and pokéballs) and the difficulties of the stage whilst also whoopin' some ass!

The problem comes from the fact that it's incredibly easy to camp on the bigger/moving stages. On top of that, slower characters are at a disadvantage on the large stages and the quality of match up goes completely one way. That said, Rainbow cruise was great and used competitively for years and years, much to the dismay of anyone that played as Ganondorf lol.