Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Fable: The Journey

Hero-of-Time

• 1 month later...

At least you don't have to shout the name of each spell every time:

Not that there's much dignity left to lose when you're doing dramatic poses in front of the TV. :p

Edited by Burny

No not kidding. I think it could be fun. I will wait to see more on it but it might be the first step to actually making some decent Kinect games. It is all about testing the waters!

It looks to be on rails though and didn't seem very responsive, which instantly removes aspects from a game. Shooters like House of the Dead are good for it but for a Fable!?

If it is on rails as well then it is another point to prove that Kinect alone will never be a 'full controller' as you instantly lose things etc

Molyneux has gone on record saying that the full game will not be on rails.

Here's the quote:

The watchword for Lionhead when building this game is “freedom†with the press conference demo intentionally restricted to rails in order to show off the spellcasting and combat system. As Molyneux told us today “You’re free to navigate and move round however you like. Free to take different pathways, free to go off-road.

From the way he described this, I believe it translates as:

"This is an on-rails game. However, at certain points you can explore side-paths and at other points you can choose between two different roads."

Really?

“You’re free to navigate and move round however you like."

sound to me like

You’re free to navigate and move round however you like

But you need to translate it from Molyneux language.

But you need to translate it from Molyneux language.

Oh, the legendary Molyneux language.

Weapons morph as you use them, getting sharper and precise per strike

More like

Weapons change shape, depending on which enemy you hit most of

Not the same thing. If Molyneux says one thing, take it with the entire salt-shaker. Not just a pinch. He says one thing, and what he says never comes into the light of day.

• 7 months later...

Interesting how he managed to completely avoid how this multiple-path on-rails game actually plays.

Also: Interesting gameplay mechanics give the whole "what if I do this?" feeling, and is frankly much better to "how the **** do you control this?".

I'm still not sure on this. Fair enough, you can move around. But at the same time, it feels very 1 direction, which isn't something i particulary like in games. I suppose time will tell if it is something to look at, but for now i'm still saying no.

• 7 months later...