N-Europe

Bare Bones Mafia II - Taking Over Dystopia

Dyson

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel a bit deflated having the result taken away from me like that to be honest. I was planning a fairly sweet end to the mafia but I'm annoyed it ended the way it did. It's put a bit of a downer on the whole thing for me which was extremely exciting to watch as a game master. Meh.

I'll get a writeup done tomorrow. Sorry for the /emo posts, I was just a bit disheartened to see that all the tension in the game had gone in a post that wasn't even made by me :heh:

It's happened now, I'll get over it. It's been one hell of a game!

I called both Rummy and Diageo while watching this game unfold - as the last few days came and went I was sitting here wondering how they hadn't been lynched yet.

Liked my role, but died early. Don't know what the obsession is with killing me when I'm a townie - I'm always a bit shit at being a townie. I'm only ever any good when I'm playing as mafia. I would do that 'history of every game I've played' but it would take me forever, but that would prove it I have no doubt.

Let me just say, we made one real mistake.

We killed Peeps.

We should've roleblocked Mr-paul and killed Cube.

It would've all gone very differently from there.

We just killed Peeps because he was so noisy. He didn't really have anything.

On the night Cube investigated me, I argued with my mafia teammates and said "we shouldn't roleblock Cube, he won't target us."

So I chose to roleblock Mr-Paul instead, who attempted to investigate Eddie (our then-killer).

Sacrifice much?? :D

I thought it was actually a bit hard having so little to actually do! We had a killer and a roleblocker, admittedly my double vote as well, but I'd say overall it was a rather nice little game. Thanks Dyson(also sorry on the ruining, I didn't help, will make it up in hugs this weekend)

The day drew to a close.

The men surrounded Diageo. They knew it within him. He was it - the final piece of the puzzle. As they drew ever closer, the man started to panic. Pulling out his masks, attempting different disguises to try and fool the town but it was too late, they could see right through him. He checked his watch to see if he had enough finally stoed up enough energy to use the cloak function, and at just the right time heard a little *beepbeep!* noise coming from the watch - and instantly disappeared. The town were in shock. Where the hell had he gone?!

Diageo invisibly ran as fast as he could towards the Red Button building, absolutely determined to finish the task that Dyson had left behind with his death. He was promised escape from the failing land of Dystopia via air transport if he set the bomb, and knew that it was his only hope - they had worked out that Diageo was an Infiltrator, and that he was Evil. They had worked out that he would always apear good when investigated, due to his masks that would allow him to appear as innocent as a saint. If he wanted to survive he had to activate the bomb that Dyson had planted so that others wouldn't be able to live in his funland after his demise, that he allegedly set up because he "didn't want to die alone, or let people share in the spoils [without him]." He slipped past the guards that previously blocked his way and made his way up to the very top of the building, right as the cloak ran out. "No matter," thought Diageo. Who else could possibly be up here?!

"Stop!" cried a distant figure. The town were quick on his heels. Luckily, Dyson's final invention before he died was to invent 5D glasses. The fifth dimension was the one you would slip in to upon activating the spy watch, and conveniently enough the glasses would allow you to see invisible objects and people. Available from all good retailers.

Diageo looked over his shoulder in fear; someone knew he was there. Deciding to ignore the prompt, he started sprinting towards the massive, house-sized button and went to throw himself on to it to activate the timer that would send along his escape vehicle. He got to the edge and prepared to jump when he froze to the spot, completely unable to move. All of a sudden, despite coming this far, he was unable to handle the pressure of the situation any more, and simply imploded on the spot. This pleased Dyson. "How ironic," thought his ghost.

Diageo was dead.

The mafia were eliminated, and the town have won.

Congratulations to jayseven, Ellmeister, mr-paul and Tales!