N-Europe

The Rapture

Nintendohnut

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually didn't have a clue about 'The Rapture' until Friday night when we saw a plane on it's ascent from Belfast and, as we always seem to do when we see a plane in the sky, we all thought "Imagine if it just.. blew up :eek:". At that point it was slipped into conversation "Oh yeh, the world is ending on the 21st"..

Good to know..

I heard about the Rapture the day it was meant to happen so I was in two minds, Do I go to work and possibly die doing something I hate? Or do I not turn up and face the wrath of my manager the next day? Turns out I'm so fearful of my manager I'd rather risk dying at work.

But yeah, I didn't believe for a second that this guy was anything more than some crazy, deluded religious type. It seems to have had a lot of hype though, when I saw all those adverts in America I was starting to lay an egg and I'm no Billy Hatcher. People are too quick to point towards natural disasters and claim they are to do with the end of the world though.

My dad knows the bible really well and he never even mentioned it. I certainly trust him over what appears to be some man who has plucked numbers from a few passages here and there and multiplied them together..

Nobody knows when the world will come to an end but he may get 'lucky' on October 21 ::shrug:

I certainly trust him over what appears to be some man who has plucked numbers from a few passages here and there and multiplied them together..

He's not the only one to do similar calculations. Newton did something similar, all he could say that it would happen after 2060.

I just don't really get the idea behind taking a few numbers from here and there and multiplying, adding, dividing or subtracting them to try to warp them into a way that tries to link them with something else ::shrug:

I haven't taken the time to research this or understand where all of this 'logic' has come from so my view is somewhat ignorant.. but still :indeed:

• 2 weeks later...
Wonderellarapture.jpg?t=1305986324]

Life imitates art:

Bisexual men sue gay softball event after being disqualified for 'not being gay enough'

Three men suing a gay baseball association, for ruling that they were not gay enough to be included in a 2008 competition, will have their day in court, a judge has ruled.

The men, members of a San Francisco softball team competing in the 2008 Gay Softball World Series near Seattle, say they were discriminated against and humiliated when questioned in front of a room full of people about their sexual orientation.

After a vote on whether the men were 'gay or non-gay', the trio were disqualified from the competition.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393753/Bisexual-men-sue-gay-softball-event-disqualifying-gay-enough.html#ixzz1OG2LxX5W

Etc etc...

I know it's not related to the Rapture, but it made me laugh and reminded me of this cartoon.