N-Europe

The N-Europe Dream Journal 2011!

DomJcg

In all seriousness, I always understand mine. They're never abstract. Dreams are about what's on your subconscious mind; literally the things you haven't resolved consciously.

I still have issues about being lost or stuck in places, and I think that goes back to when I got lost in France in 2004. And staying out too late is another one; I have issues with that, for reasons I won't bore you with. The thing is, these dreams aren't even nightmares. I'd rather have nice dreams, but I know they're just my mind trying to resolve things.

On Friday 20th May, I forgot to tell you my dream from Thursday night. I was in town again, but this time during the day, as it became evening. Pedestrians were stopping me and sending me on errands. As I tried to complete one, I'd get given more, and thus had to "stack" them. I'm no psychologist, but it's obvious to me this was a hangover from work, as I was behaving in exactly the same way, and suffering the same type of "stress".

At one point, I heard a voice trying to get me to enter a dark doorway. Peering in, I noticed this "shop" was not a shop at all, but just a doorway with an unlit room behind it. I opened the door and the voices asked me to come down the stairs. Sensing a trap, I tried to find some of my tougher workmates, but couldn't, so I just ran around town trying to do so until evening broke. The funny thing is, I'm sure this was still in my head from an episode of Doctor Who last year!

Oh yeah, I remember that time I couldn't figure out what having superpowers was like, but then I went to sleep and worked through that problem. Or that time I was having sex with my friend and we were both frogs, glad I cleared that head-scratcher too. :p

Had a weird dream this morning, although I cant remember the the beginning.

I just remember that some woman had stolen the Venom symbiote and was on the run. I had to chase after her but then the dream seemed to change into a top down perspective like I was playing a game. I kept trying to pull out a gun to stop her but kept pulling out a rocket launcher or massively oversized revolver. Then I woke up.

My friend(who loves his food) had a dream where there was a pigeon from the neighbourhood that kept squeezing under the front door and stealing some of his dinner when he wasn't looking. He'd scream and chase it out and start blocking under the door but it would just always find a way to squeeze in. Described it as a nightmare he did :p

I love my dreams. And yeah, dreams aren't hard to understand if you just think about the,/the symbolism/what happnes/who's involved/what is in fact eating away at the back of your mind.

Last night (in my dream) my friend missed/chose not see a film with "us" (being me and undisclosed others who clearly weren't relevant). We finished the film and found my friend kinda hurrying around, in his t-shirt, as though he was busy doing something. Happily he announced his exhibition was almost ready. We were like "Ok"/shrug and headed to the other end of the shopping centre (shopping centres feature in my dreams quite often) we were in to this really cool space - kinda a cheap-looking "blank gallery space" that ANYONE could book/show work at.

Anyway people/shoppers (i.e not typical gallery goers) were already in the space, while my friend was still putting final touches to the space/his work.

I remember the artwork was everyday things, often appliances, and were generally all white. However bits/parts of them would always be covered in the kinda shiny ribbon/paper you can use when wrapping presents.

I remember thinking it was an intriguing aesthetic at first but then was kinda like "..." when it was mostly this one trick. Sometimes he'd physically manufactured a new part of something in a different colour, like a wii (or something like that) with a clear blue panel, like those old macs.

The one I remember most clearly is this -

images.jpg

I didn't hate it as a collection of work, but was at a loss as to what the work was trying to say.

That was all I remember.

This friend in question has no art background. But it's fairly obvious the art part of it was to do with me. The rest I can deduce.

Dreams are so interesting.

This friend in particular is clearly of importance...he affeck!ts me [/alanis morissette] quite strongly but I'm unsure why, or to what purpose or how. Both in dreams and reality.

Edited by Paj!

My dream last night was great (although probably boring to read :p)

I walked through the streets while some kind of riot was going on. People smashing windows in, setting cars on fire and beating/killing each other.

All to the sound of this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's been a long time since I've heard this song. Pure awesomeness that it was the background music for my dream.

I wanted to wake up at 11 so I put my alarm for that. But I kept dreaming that I had gone over the time, and it was about 12. Kept waking up and checking the time and it was 9. It was annoying. Felt like I was worried about something that wasn't important at all.

^ I had the same kinda night. Set my alarm to get up for work at 4am, but woke up SO many times, it felt like the longest night! Then at one stage I dreamt that I had overslept the alarm and missed work!... only to wake up and still have a couple of hours left. Was a bit of a stressful nights sleep!

• 2 months later...

Weird dream last night.

I was stuck in a house which was under soem kind of quarantine. We were split into groups and had to go look for plant bits that the owner of the house had hidden around the place. Apparently they were alive, could move around a bit and were very dangerous. We found a few and gathered them up. Then for some reason Anders and Starbuck from Battlestar were there and some girl I seemed to have history with in the dream. The girl and Starbuck pulled me away for a minute and then I find out theyve strung up Anders and some other girl (cant remember now who this other girl was) by their necks with multiple ropes so they are just swaying there. At this point I try to get to them to cut them down but its turned into a military installation or something and security barriers keep popping up infront of me and guards keep trying to stop me. I managed to get past a few but then I woke up.

I had a dream I was watching people (maybe a TV show?) and there was a mother who had a young baby. There was some problem with it so she popped to see her neighbour but he couldn't help so they went back but she'd locked herself out of the house. Then her friend came along and offered to help open the door...by whipping out a shotgun and shooting the door. This caused the roof to cave in and it squashed the baby :/

And the other day I had a dream I institutionalised myself. And in the institution my hamster was still alive.

My nose was a bit stuffed so I dreamed that I couldn't breathe and was convinced I was going to die. Fun times. :p

I had a dream last night that Daft was trying to kill me with a sewing needle.

I'm slightly concerned for my being.

Man, that's just like Daft. :angry:

My nose was a bit stuffed so I dreamed that I couldn't breathe and was convinced I was going to die. Fun times. :p

Man, that's just like Daft. :angry:

It's even worse that I woke up and said ''damn what a bitch''.

Stupid reaction, I may have to inform him on tumblr. :weep:

My pet rat is really ill, we're having to feed him baby food which he can barely manage and he's pretty much paralysed.

This morning, just before I woke up, had a vivid dream that he had come back to full health over night.

By far the most heartbreaking dream I have ever had.

Haha, I always thought that women holding grudges against men for things they've done to them in their dreams was a myth. :heh:

Haha, its the first time in a while I've dreamt about someone I know, usually I'm being killed in some form or another.

Very annoying, how very rude of him.

My pet rat is really ill, we're having to feed him baby food which he can barely manage and he's pretty much paralysed.

This morning, just before I woke up, had a vivid dream that he had come back to full health over night.

By far the most heartbreaking dream I have ever had.

Every once in a while I have dreams about my hamster being alive. Its such a cruel trick by your subconscious.

Sorry to hear about the rat :(

Haha, I always thought that women holding grudges against men for things they've done to them in their dreams was a myth. :heh:

I do it as well. :p

I woke up annoyed at my friend because I hosted a party that no one came to and then she could be seen across the road having a great time when she promised she would come to mine.

SO LONELY.