N-Europe

The End Of The World Mafia

The Peeps

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night 8

This was it. Humanity's last stand. The forces of the apocalypse proved too strong to be defended against and tonight, the humans lose the Earth.

The police officer found himself drawn to a scientist tonight and offers him a comfy cell for the night. A hero, equally confuddled, swoops down and defends the scientist, leaving him free to do as he pleases - however, he does nothing.

The rat-faced man seeks out the forces of nature but they too are looking for him. He spends the night sheltering from a freak lightning storm. An old man witnessed the whole thing.

The alien invaders take this opportunity to finish their attack and kill the rest of the town in the night, starting with the watchful old man.

MarkJones.png

Mark Jones is dead. He watched his target's actions during the night. He was good. Eenuh is no longer in the game.

The mafia have overrun the town! they win alongside the zombie team.

Winners:

Jonnas

Dannyboy-the-Dane

heroicjanitor

mr-paul

Rummy

Diageo

Jayseven

Nintendohnut

Dyson

The game is over

KABOOM!

So chuffed, although I do realize that this isn't going to help the whole 'Dohnut is a good liar' thing :-/

Incidentally Jonnas was on the mafia team from the start, he fooled us too (although we did call it out on the last day but it was too late!)

ROLES (may have changed slightly since writing)

MAFIA

War - Jayseven

war.jpg

Redirector - You are the act of war. Turning man against man, nation against nation. Billions have died and far less have been saved because of you. You can choose two targets, forcing one to target the other. You will know who has targeted you. You have a double vote.

Zombies - Jonnas

Zombies.png

Swarm - You crowd around your victim, blocking any access to them. You have priority over protectors and cannot be redirected.

[Your side role is to turn as many people to zombies as you can. You may send me a separate PM with your actions - instead of your main role, you can turn 1 living player into a zombie. You may also revive 1 dead player to become a zombie. If you are chosen by the mafia to kill, you will turn the player into a zombie. PM me with any questions about this and obviously keep it secret from the rest of the mafia. If you manage to create at least 4 zombie players you and your zombies will win. Revived Zombies cannot vote.]

Alien Invasion - Diageo

Alien.png

Assimilation - You will take on the form of whoever you target, learning everything about them in the process. This will confuse anyone targeting you. It takes one night to take the form of another, from then on you can act as that player or choose to change again.

Natural Disaster - Dyson

Disaster.png

Roleblocker - Each time you use your power you will take on a random form of natural disaster.

Virus - Nintendohnut

Virus.png

Infection - You may choose whether your target will become enraged, sick or delirious.

Enraged: An enraged player will appear evil to any investigators and become violent in their actions.

Sick: A sick player will be affected the night after being targeted. They will be less effective in their actions and slow down anyone who targets them with beneficial powers.

Delirious: Your victim will have a random target that night.

TOWN

Scientist Nick Pegg - mr-paul

NickPegg.png

Investigator - You are a survivor of the 'Steve incident', only two of you remain. You can investigate your targets to ascertain their threat level.

Scientist Simon Frost - Ellmeister

SimonFrost.jpg

Roleblocker - You are a survivor of the 'Steve incident', only two of you remain. With various methods at your disposal, you can prevent the actions of your target for a night.

Family Man Mark Jones - Eenuh

MarkJones.png

Tracker - Your family endured the event but there was not room in the underground bunker for all of you. You gave up your place so your family could be safe and now while you are searching for supplies, you also keep your eyes on other survivors in case anyone attempts to take the bunker for themselves. Each night you can monitor the actions of your target.

Renegade Soldier Adam Casey - Dannyboy-the-Dane

AdamCasey.jpg

Protector - You were in charge of maintaining security at one of various safety bunkers across the town. When the crowds grew too big, your superiors ordered you to shoot anyone trying to get in. You took no part in the slaughter and were forced to try and survive alone. You swore to protect anyone you find.

Cop Stewart Landon - Mundi

StewartLandon.png

Jailkeeper - You're struggling to keep the peace in the ruins of what was once a great city. Looters, vandals and criminals of every calibre run riot in the streets and far outnumber the innocent citizens in the town. You therefore decide to put the innocent citizens in protective custody, a far easier task than rounding up all of the criminals.

Superhero Max Powers - EddieColeslaw

MaxPowers.png

Protector - After a meteor collided with the nuclear power station you worked at, you discovered that not only did you survive but the radiation has given you super powers! You have super strength and endurance and the ability to fly. You will use these new powers to protect the remaining citizens.

Bystander John Smith - Rummy

Mirror Tracker - As a general bystander it is your job to be hit by everything. If you survive the night you will be able to report to others what you went through.

Politician Arthur James - Esequiel

ArthurJames.jpg

Misdirector - You are probably the highest ranking government official left alive, but with no political system still intact this counts for very little. Still, you may use your underhand ways to switch two targets. Anyone targeting one will target the other.

Leader Andy Hazzard - Cube

AndyHazzard.png

Enhance - You are a born survivor and reluctant leader. People look up to you, you know what needs to be done and when no one else can, you do it. Each night you can enhance the powers of your target.

Animals - Dazz

Animals.png

Animal - Humans are not the only creature to endure the apocalypse. Each night you may choose an animal and a target.

Journalist Sandra Beach - heroicjanitor

SandraBeach.jpg

Investigator - The world may be over but one thing's for sure, if anything is going to survive it'll be the media. Each night you can interview a different survivor and find out something about them. If your camera man is killed your investigations will be less effective.

Camera man Mike Craft - ReZourceman

MikeCraft.jpg

Backup - As an ever-watchful camera man you remarkable attention to detail. You closely watch your partner's interviewee for any signs of lying. You will see if anyone targets your partner. If your partner is killed you will become a reverse tracker.

Pilot Phillip King -Aqui1a

PhillipKing.png

Mirror Redirection - You survived the initial disaster due to being airborne at the time. Each night you land your plane to refuel. To keep it safe, you can send anyone targeting you to a player of your choice. If no one targets you, you will roleblock your chosen player.

Scavenger William Latimer - MadDog

WilliamLatimer.jpg

Needy - Select a player at night, this player will target you instead of their intended target. You are a hated townie and require one vote less than majority to be lynched.

Alien Yyychhkxormp / Earth name "Bob" - Tales

Yyychhkxormp-Bob.jpg

Popular - You came to Earth to help the remaining Earthlings survive. Each night you may choose an ability to use between; silencing; killing; investigating; protecting; roleblocking; tracking (and variations of each)

You may use each ability only once in the game or take no action. You are a popular townie and require 1 vote more than majority to be lynched.

Honourable mentions:

Tales - Most interesting player

ReZourceman - Dignity in death

Dannyboy-the-Dane - Lies through his teeth

: peace:

--------------

For those of you who said there was no mention of zombies. 2 people rose from the dead and Dannyboy had rotting, smelly, scabbed skin (was described as such whenever targeted).

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Oh wow. That seemed like a really quick game. Peeps -fantastic roles, the mafia all being "non-people" stroke of genius. Very nicely done. Peeps knows how to do good mafias, he always brings innovation it seems. (Id do smiley face but can´t find semi colon on this keyboard)

Well done to Jonnas, Danny and Nintendohnut- you weren't really suspected at all. Although I'm annoyed that someone with 5 posts won the game.

Actually, with how inactive Jay and Dyson were, the town could have easily reached a majority during this day.

Oh wow. That seemed like a really quick game.

Well, the mafia did have the most powerful townie doing all their work for them.

Anyway, there were loads of great ideas in this game.

Lol no - I was watching this thread like a hawk :P I was inactive at certain times each day but I made more posts on the mafia forum by miles compared to this thread. I never had to intervene, and by avoiding voting I didn't get too much attention on myself.

Dohnut organised the last couple of nights of actions, and on one night we all failed to get our targets in order -- but yeah essentially I rolled with my current "omg jayseven isn't ever here" character and got away with murder. Only once.

We had me controlling one person and a roleblocker - once we identified the investigators and protectors/roleblockers we strategised well to maximise our efficiency. Jonnas turned rogue, but a few of us suspected it was going to happen -- we didn't do anything to stop it but thankfully he just reduced townie majority rather than taking us out, too.

Diageo bought some favour by doing the classic "I'm town and found this person good", thus getting their favour. Ultimately, though, it was dohnut's genius that steered the lynch away from dyson and instead onto the townie dazz that essentially guarenteed us a win. It was a minute gamble ultimately, but we just got away with everything all the time.

Epic, EPIC game! :D Thanks for the honourable mention, Peeps. :) I'm pretty sure I'd have been lynched ages ago if it hadn't been for the attention drawn by Tales.

I think everyone should know that while it was indeed true that I was more into the Gentlemen's Mafia, it wasn't due to lack of respect or love for Peeps's game; it was because I easily become disengaged when I'm not town. When I don't acually need to follow discussions, propose theories and try to work stuff out in order to win, but can just sit back and wait, I find it harder to put as much effort into the game. It was the same problem I had with the latest Brawl Mafia.

While I do love tricking people and lying my way out of trouble, I think I'm just more suited to be town. I find it much more engaging because I need to make my brain work if I want to win. I think mafia traitor roles are a great idea to make the mafia's job less passive in the day phase.

But it's a habit of mine I wish to change. Both in order to reduce suspicion on me, but also because I really enjoy being engaged in the games, and I think it's a shame that I find it harder as a non-townie. When I started getting suspected and had to defend myself, then I felt engaged again.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

First of all, echoing the praise, here. I liked this even more than the Firefly mafia, there were so many good roles and concepts.

Also, this was the most fun I've had with a role, ever. Forcing me to deny my mafia connections to my fellow zombies was mean, but very interesting. Playing triple agent was awesome, I needed to keep track of all the lies and cover-ups.

And it was amazing, finding lies and stories that pleased both sides while convincing the town to not lynch me! Cube helped me there, he said me revealing my targets wouldn't be such a good idea, which saved me. Both Danny and Diageo were offering to back up my Will Smith story, and choosing one would have caused the other side to go "Wtf?!"

Brilliant game, Peeps, you're awesome. :)

Edited by Jonnas

First of all, echoing the praise, here. I liked this even more than the Firefly mafia, there were so many good roles and concepts.

How dare you!

(Actually, reading the roles it does sound better, I'm just still annoyed about the whole Tales thing)

Thanks for all the praise guys =) I really thought the mafia would have trouble if they were targeted because I went descriptive with the PMs (I think generally everyone got something out of the nights) but no one really targeted them. I think it happened once but I went with 'you targeted X' and left it at that, which should've been suspicious when compared to more descriptive PMs.

I can't believe Dannyboy didn't get lynched after mr-paul found his threat level to be 10/10. Tales's threat level was 7/10 which was the lowest of I think three results that mr-paul received. It would've been lower but he was pretty reckless lol.

Loved this game. But I think the town played rubbish and tales ensured the win for the zombies and mafia. Can't believe a single mafia didn't get killed.

Knew there was something up with jonnas, thought he was a zombie, then never trusted herojan once he was brought back. Was desperate to lynch Dannyboy but tales, you got so frustrating I wanted to get rid of you in the end! Was always against the rummy lynch.

Had the mafia sussed out from early on apart from Diageo! You probably chose one of the most inactive mafias ever Peeps, which worked well for them!

I'm sorry ellmeister didn't win with me, we were a team but I got converted to a zombie and had to lie to him.

Loved the game and concepts Peeps, just wished it lasted longer and didn't get so focused on tales!

I loved my role and picture, and I was so proud of stopping the previous kill :'( And omfg @ Diageo, I completely thought you were good...I KNEW jayseven and Dyson had to be mafia.

Wish it could've lasted longer, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks Peeps! Well played, mafia!

Good games and great roles.

I did try to be helpful, but I wanted to take a more drastic approach this time especially considering this was the first time I had a kill power and was not mafia(and closest thing I have ever been to being neutral). When that didn't work out, and the mafia didn't kill, I thought I try my luck again and blame it on someone else. If I got it right, I figured I would be protected from kills for the rest of the game. Sorry if some don't agree, but I don't regret playing like that, despite them turning out be townies, it was fun and I would do it again.