NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

After Earth is going to annoy me because I'm always going to see/hear it as:

After-Effects-Logo.jpg

I've only seen the first two RE movies, but I've always said they were alright and just kinda fun to watch; and even the trailers I've seen for 3 and 4 looked OK'ish.

But this one just looks plain bad! :p

Why is Jill still wearing that thing they took from RE5?

Also Leon (this is his first introduction right) looks simply terrible, and Ada not a great deal better, doesn't seem to have any of her character from the games.

Don't forget the zombie with the open-wide-face mutant from RE5 as well! Also, I know this may sound bad but I actually think this could be fun. I didn't like the Resident Evil sequels and this looks really bad but I think it also looks fun and jam-packed full of action. I think I'll give this one a chance.

Yeah, I'm so ready. The boxset of the first four is my favourite possession these days.

And this one looks more action-packed/full of stuff than either the 4th or 3rd, both of which felt kinda odd and though they had semi-interesting environments, felt kinda isolated from everything else (I know...zombie movie...but compared to the second which was in a city etc etc blaaaaaah).

Milla has my fave face.

I really wished Craven went with this opening to Scream 4, it's better I think:

Also, found this on YouTube, could be worth a watch if you're a Scream fan:

Urgh, Resident Evil looks terrible, like the others. I get the impression that after they first one, despite how terrible it was, they just decided to keep rolling with it. Even though they're progressively getting worse and worse. :p

Urgh, Resident Evil looks terrible, like the others. I get the impression that after they first one, despite how terrible it was, they just decided to keep rolling with it. Even though they're progressively getting worse and worse. :p

*sigh* I know it will be bad yet somehow I know I won't be able to stop myself going in to see it just cause its Resident Evil :heh:

If you just imagine they're stunning films, they are. The saga of Alice. <3 The journey. <3 How does she keep going? So tense!! Who is there left to help her stop Umbrella?? Will the nightmare ever end??! *eats popcorn and jiggles in seat*

I don't know why but I really want to see Retribution even though I thought the others were terrible...fun in a way but terrible. This looks just as bad but as Mokong has said, I want to see it because it's Resident Evil and like Paj said, I just want to see it to carry on watching the story and see how it ends. It's like I'm interested to see it end and want it to end but at the same time, I know it's shit. Strange series. Love the action and even the acting sometimes but hate the story and how it betrays the games and how the movies have a cheek to use the characters and monsters from the game and also use Resident Evil as a name.

I don't love and I don't like but I don't hate. I nothing it...that is all...

Paperman is to screen before Wreck-It Ralph. Awesomeness combined!

Resident Evil 3 isnt so bad but the other three RE films a fucking awful. I will see the fith one because well why not? I've put up with the others and I would like to see how the series ends, I just hope it is the last and then a reboot happens.

I thought the first RE wasn't bad but it lost the plot a bit after that.

Anyway, just watched The Departed. Yes, yes.

Watched Avatar again last night. Really love it!! :D

Might be worth a blu-ray purchase at some point.

So I watched Men in Black III and really enjoyed it. Miles better than the second one!

Saw The Pact today and there's a video that sums up what I think of it pretty well.

Went to see Snow White and The Huntsman

I enjoyed it, thought it was a good film!

All three leads were really good I thought.

First time I've seen a Kristen Stewart film, and thought was pretty captivating in this, she seemed like a perfect choice for the natural beauty of Snow White. Charlize Theron's perfromance was great!

Really good visual effects throughout, and a well crafted 'fairytale' world, with really nice locations and scenery (which looked like it might have been filmed in the lake district (a place I love) or maybe Scotland).

Film had a pretty abrupt ending, but I'd happily go and watch the sequel. Though I'm a bit lost as to what the story would be, but maybe the book has a far more expansive plot than that of the Disney film we're all familiar with.

It's Resident Evil, I have to see it.

It looks fun, hope the 3D is good again! We should get the previous crowd and go see it :)

Yay! :yay:

I second that YAY :yay: :yay:

Though I find it a little silly that the guys after him are the "family" of the Albanians he killed in the first one and want revenge for that when in the first film he wanted revenge for the kidnapping of his daughter :heh:

You'd think they'd learn.

But so long as Neeson is awesome again that is all that matters :D

This could be good. It's a good start they've gone for a Die Hard-esque setup. There's also a very Neill Blomkamp/District 9 feel to it. Above all else it's got to be funny. It's got to have some kind of dark ironic humour to it. The Stallone movie knew it but ended up becoming the thing it was supposed to satarise (a fluffy campy buddy-cop comedy). Karl looks effect enough as the Judge himself. Keeping all fingers crossed.

Edited by gaggle64

[/batmanVoice]

I dunno, from that trailer the story/plot looked somewhat 'nothing'... a drug, a tower... and there wasn't really anything in it to get me excited or think this could be great. The setting looked very standard and uninspiring, and even the costume underwhelming. Not convinced yet, which is a shame as I was kinda looking forward to this reinvention, but gonna have to hope the next trailers deliver something more.