Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Movie Thread

Dyson

Rewatching Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical. So much love.

tumblr_llxruukLMk1qjvs1eo1_500.gif

tumblr_lmjbbnoZar1qaxq9d.gif

That is all...maybe. Nobody will know what the hell is going on but its one hell of a fun movie.

I for one want to hear what the blood splattered young lady has to say.
Edited by Ashley

Everything looks great except the character design on her. She feels way too "classic Pixar" cartoony compared to the environment and general atmosphere.

I agree, Danny. She's not as attractive as Rapunzel. ;)

The movie should hopefully be great either way, though.

I just watched Salt.

I enjoyed thoroughly. Mainly cause I was imagining Marvel Comics' Black Widow in her place. Could have been a stunning premise for a standalone Black Widow graphic novel/film. Or Elektra if you were feeling less cliche. Not bothering with sais when guns are there.

It wasn't a bad film. Felt inessential to anyone's life, but it's fine.

(Also I'm sure there's something that can be read into the fact she's barely sexualised.)

Can Daft/ReZ tell me their thoughts on the plot holes? I need to hear and collate.

Yeah that's what I read too. I just assumed she'd seen him/magically knew he was about to stab her (the writer doesn't mention that in the article) so she had to strike first. However, it (i.e the President knowing/that whole bit) could have been done better, or differently somehow. I liked the strangling though. Tres cool. Queen of angry.

Everything looks great except the character design on her. She feels way too "classic Pixar" cartoony compared to the environment and general atmosphere.

I think she looks great. Reminds me of Brendan from the Secret of Kells (a film I loved cause of how beautiful it was).

brendan-i-sekret-kellov-the-secret-of-kells1.jpg

Can't wait to see this one. =)

I think she looks great. Reminds me of Brendan from the Secret of Kells (a film I loved cause of how beautiful it was).

Can't wait to see this one. =)

I don't think there's anything wrong with her design in itself, but it doesn't feel like it fits with the environment. Still, it's hard to tell from such a short teaser; maybe it'll look great in context.

I see what you mean Dannyboy, the character is in quite a contrast with the background - at least in the teaser.

Yup. It's more or less the same style Pixar has always used for their human characters, and it worked perfectly in films like Toy Story, Up and The Incredibles, but since it seems they've gone for a much more realistic-looking universe this time around, it doesn't really seem to fit. Time will tell, though.