The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(what's your theory?)

Diageo is mafia.

Yeah he can't have targeted Marcamillian. We already know Marc did stuff last night - if Diageo had targeted him he wouldn't have been able to leave his room, and nobody would have gotten to him.

But he said:

I fought Marcamillian and I barely beat him. Since he was roleblocked and there was no kill, as well as the fact he has the power to kill, I think he was the killer.

It doesn't really fit with what we know about him, unless he's some kind of dancing ninja.

You want to know one of the main reasons I suspected Dazz was a naive cop?

I think Dannyboy is mafia (in fact I think he's Angus), and I also am pretty sure that one of the three people Dazz has targeted already (maybe Diageo, maybe someone else) is also mafia. When Dazz came out with a good result for that person, the mafia thought 'fuck me we can get him to clear us'. That is why Dannyboy asked to be cleared - he and the rest of the mafia already knew that Dazz was a naive cop after the result, so it was a perfect way for Dannyboy to be shown to be 'telling the truth'.

This is all just a theory, but it fits together quite well, I think. Not acting on it or anything, just throwing it out there.

Now I feel a bit embarrassed but I do agree with you when you say Dannyboy may be mafia. When he said that, I thought he might have an alignment-switcher that makes him look good under investigations, hence why I didn't target him. I do think there is an alignment-switcher among us though, even if my results come out as good all of the time. I think that the mafia thought, just to be on the safe side or something, they'd target their own under investigations to make them come out as good so Dannyboy was next and so asked to be cleared. My alarm bells were ringing but I couldn't have been sure so here's what I'm going to do:

On the off-chance that I may still be alive and have had a lucky break and ReZ, Diageo and Smeagol are good (though I doubt that ALL are good but still...), I'm going to target somebody tonight and I'm not going to say who it is. As I said, I do think I am a naive cop but I'm still going to test it out. It's better than sitting here doing nothing, right?

I actually targeted Fierce as well (for the second time), as he asked for protection, although didn't specify against what.. As I don't protect against kills, in hindsight Dohnut would have been a more logical choice, but, alas. And yeah, I got punched.

Are you sure you weren't targeting him to get your hands on the key he has now? Hmm?

Are you sure you weren't targeting him to get your hands on the key he has now? Hmm?

That is one thing that worries me about Smeagol. As far as we know, we still don't know his alignment?

This is correct and I have to say something because I'm afraid I could have potentially put the town in danger. I targeted Nintendohnut last night and he came up as Good so this must mean I'm a stupid cop unless Nintendohnut is mafia and has got somebody to make him good to other people, although I highly doubt this. Clever if you did.

Anyways, scrap ReZ, Diageo and Smeagol's confirmation of being good if you guys believed me and I really apologise. I guess I still have a lot to learn about the game, lol. I was telling the truth about everything though.

That is unlucky, Dazz. Still, what can you do? Do you have any other powers?

I've also noticed that Diageo has been trying to focus the attention onto Marca, especially on the other page when the pressure was on him. Marca, you need to speak up, as we don't know enough about you.

I don't understand the write-up at all...

That is one thing that worries me about Smeagol. As far as we know, we still don't know his alignment?

He claims to be good, Dazz confirmed but we now know (?) that Dazz sees everyone's alignment as Good.

When did we find out that Marc has the power to kill? Is that just from Diageo's power/Diageo making stuff up? :p

I'd like to know how Dannyboy's night went.

Marcamillian was trying to kill last night, I roleblocked him (fought him) and that is why he was unable to kill. How else am I going to roleblock him? Dance around him until he gets distracted?

I'm clearly not just a jailkeeper or else I wouldn't have the information on Sméagol and Marcamillian.

Nintendohnut, I targeted Marcamillian, as I just said.

Marcamillian was trying to kill last night, I roleblocked him (fought him) and that is why he was unable to kill. How else am I going to roleblock him? Dance around him until he gets distracted?

I'm clearly not just a jailkeeper or else I wouldn't have the information on Sméagol and Marcamillian.

Nintendohnut, I targeted Marcamillian, as I just said.

What doth you find out about Sméagol and when hap?

How do thy know Marcamillian was trying to kill. You claim to be more than just a jailkeeper but to be a jailkeeper AND investigator/type role seems a little farfetched.

I'm a versatile entertainer ReZ, let's leave it at that.

I already disclosed that Sméagol was using his protect power on the night I targeted him, but that his power could not protect against kills.

I'm not giving you more on why I know. I am sure, and you can either trust me or not.

I'm a versatile entertainer ReZ, let's leave it at that.

I already disclosed that Sméagol was using his protect power on the night I targeted him, but that his power could not protect against kills.

I'm not giving you more on why I know. I am sure, and you can either trust me or not.

I choose not. But yeah I'll go back and have a look.

I'm not sure on my stance on Sméagol yet. He seems like at least a neutral to me. It is a weird thing to slip up on.

Do the things you steal determine your power Sméagol? As in, if you take medicine from a doctor character, can you start treating people yourself. I want to know exactly what you do before I decide on a vote, but if you don't divulge it, I guess I'll have to vote for you and you'll have to divulge it anyway.

That can't be coincidental.. However, my role PM doesn't mention any relation to you. There must be one in Jonnas' mind, but I'm not aware of it. I'm simply described as someone hailing from France, looking for noblemen to assist.

No, my ability is to steal. Again, I don't have any items. I don't know what I'll be able to get or what I'm able to do with it. And ok, fine. I can also choose to assist people by protecting them from non-fatal stuff. As I don't feel like stealing anymore, I'll go do that.

If the day will end tomorrow. I'm willing to Vote:Sméagol now.

I've gone over all the last posts now.

What do you mean, brushing it off as unimportant? I certainly think they're relevant somehow, which was why I openly posted my speculation about them.

"My" words? <sigh> It's already out there, now you're just asking me to rearrange the info to the exact order as in my role PM..

I'm Claude Gallandeau.

I'm from France, and looking for jobs here from noblemen who are in need of my.. Skillset. During my stay here, and as an observant thief, I have noticed the 5 locks on the door of Queen Olivia, but the rumours from people around me, concerning the events of the previous game, suggest that if I find any keys belonging to those locks, I should keep them safe.

Each night I can choose to steal something from a player, or protect that player from things that affect their abilities.

Think about it logically. If I was just a neutral with the win condition to get 5 keys, with an ability with just does that, finding keys, then the first 3 quarters of the game would be a complete borefest to me. Have you seen how many players there are? The odds would be against me.. 1 in 4 in the beginning to find one, 3 in 4 to get no result, and I certainly would have no reason to post.

As it is not my win condition, I'm perfectly fine with spending my time protecting people. And feel free to investigate me.

Remove Vote

I think Sméagol is town.

(45 minutes difference between putting on and doth taking away.

Changed it? I believe he still claims to be town.

All these notes seem to be incriminating, they portray the player in a bad light. I don't like it.

Sméagol is indeed a protector though, that appears true, but I would wager he can't protect from kills.

I'm still not sure on him but do not suspect him to be mafia at this point. Anyone else got anything interesting. Can you explain further what you did last night Cube? It sounds interesting.

I have evidence he can protect people from things that are not kills. I have no evidence for him being a thief, except for the write-up and what he says.

These are the posts you're referring to?

Question: I know there's more players than usual in this game, but how many protectors are there roughly per game? We've got quite a few?

Usually 1 lol. (Maybe one against kills, one against other non-kills)

I was referring to the last one you quoted. But I see you felt the need to quote me extensively to try incriminate me somehow.

I have seriously implicating information about Marcamillian yet you still don't want to believe me. You think I'm lying? You think that if we lynch him and he doesn't turn out to be a killer/mafia that I'll just say "Oops"?

You and Cube are being so weird. Trying to prove that you can read me. Putting this pride over all evidence to try and skew it.

Hopefully the town will be able to overcome whatever has afflicted you too and get this lynch under way so we can get our first mafia member.

Do you believe I am not a jailkeeper Cube? Was The Peeps lying? I'll let you two discuss that.

That is unlucky, Dazz. Still, what can you do? Do you have any other powers?

I've also noticed that Diageo has been trying to focus the attention onto Marca, especially on the other page when the pressure was on him. Marca, you need to speak up, as we don't know enough about you.

Unfortunately I have nothing else. All I have is this seriously dumb power that helps nobody. The only thing I do have is my brain and as long as I'm alive, I'll try and help the town out as much as I can by going back and reading posts and stuff. Again, I'm so sorry guys!

Also, I agree with Flink, Marca hasn't said much and he was on my list of suspects. I'd like to hear more...

So I think I have something.

Has anyone, over the course of the game so far, encountered a person with a red cape? If anyone has, please come forward. If you know who they are, even better. This information is extremely important. Please say if you have come into contact with a player with a red cape.

I havn't come into contact with anyone.

And Diageo, you just seem suspicious to me. Sorry but its as simple as that. You're making a big deal out of the fact (or imply) that you found out that he can protect, just not against kills, but Sméagol said that in one of his first posts.

Frankly, you're already a target so you might as well just reveal everything that you have and your power. We've got about five protectors, so I'm sure one of them won't mind doing so.

So I think I have something.

Has anyone, over the course of the game so far, encountered a person with a red cape? If anyone has, please come forward. If you know who they are, even better. This information is extremely important. Please say if you have come into contact with a player with a red cape.

Ellmeister has a red cape, I think he's a bullfighter. He uses it to roleblock. I think I mentioned this yesterday?

I havn't come into contact with anyone.

And Diageo, you just seem suspicious to me. Sorry but its as simple as that. You're making a big deal out of the fact (or imply) that you found out that he can protect, just not against kills, but Sméagol said that in one of his first posts.

Frankly, you're already a target so you might as well just reveal everything that you have and your power. We've got about five protectors, so I'm sure one of them won't mind doing so.

Yes, he did say it, and I was confirming that I had evidence that that was indeed the case.

I am not secretive because I don't want to get killed, I am secretive because I can use my power better if I don't reveal it all.

I can seem suspicious all you want, but when someone comes out with solid evidence against someone, people tend to listen. Because it will be quite clear if they are lying or not after the lynch. This isn't like Aqui1a's info where we were discussing whether nefarious meant anything. I am saying that Marcamillian can kill, and was trying to do so last night. I think he is probably Angus. Why would I make anything of this up, what would I have to gain?

There's suspicious and then there's denial.